chapter 3

The Guardian

 

This was the first time Yesung visited Korea ever since he left seven hundred years ago. Everything changed (of course it changed after seven hundred years, I’m sorry for my stupid statement^^v) and was unfamiliar. He always refused to visit this country because it was reminded him about his family. Although, he was glad that now he didn’t feel that bad. Yeah, he was sad, but just for a bit. He looked around, the first thing that he needed to do was search for a hotel. He was tired after the long flight from America.
He left the airport and looked for a taxi. As he took his seat, the driver faced him.
“Where are we going?” he asked Yesung.
“Just go to best hotel that you know,” Yesung answered, he felt glad that his Korean was still good enough even though he hasn’t use the language for a long time.
The driver nodded and started the car. They left the airport’s complex soon after. Yesung looked outside the window. The view of Seoul nowadays was so awesome. He was really happy that he could come back to his homeland again.
When they arrived, Yesung paid the taxi. He pulled his suitcase and entered the hotel. He approached the receptionist, she gasped when her eyes met Yesung’s. Yesung smiled and nodded. The girl returned the smile automatically.
“Can i help you, sir?” she asked Yesung with the soft tone, trying to flirt with Yesung.
“Yes, i need the best suit you have,” Yesung answered doubtlessly, “I don’t know how long i will be staying” he continued before the girl asked him.
The girl nodded and typed some words in her computer. She looked at Yesung, “can you give me your credit card and your identity card?”
Yesung handed her what she asked.
After a while, the girl returned his identity and credit cards. She asked one of bell boy to lead Yesung to his room. Yesung gave him a tip when they arrived in his room. He looked around, the room was spectacular. He can see the han river from his window. He laid his body on the bed and closed his eyes. He needed sleep to recover his power.
Yesung felt refreshed when he woke up. He stretched his arms out. He faced the window for a while. He took a bath and changed his clothes. He decided to walk around the city.
The road was full with the cars and pedestrians. The shops looked attractive with the light. He frowned when he smelled some vampires passed him. They didn’t recognize him because Yesung hide his scent. High rank vampires- especially the pure bloods- could do that, so they weren’t easy to recognize.
A noise reached his ears, he tried to ignore it, but then he heard a scream. Yesung then followed the source of the sound. People around him didn’t notice anything. The sound was too low for human ears to hear.
He arrived in the park. It was so quiet. He didn’t meet anyone there. He walked to the alley, where the sound came from. He could see the figures on the top of the alley. There was a boy who was surrounded by some drunken men. They tried to rip the boy’s shirt. Two of the men held his hand in place. Yesung widened his eyes, he run towards them. He pulled the man who tried to kiss the boy and threw him meters away. He punched the other man, a sound bone cracking could be hear when Yesung broke his nose. The left man released the boy and stepped backwards. Yesung smirked showing his fangs in the process. Their eyes widened in shock, and then they turned around and ran away. Yesung tried to calm himself before he turned to the boy. The boy was crying, he hugged himself, moved back and forth.
Yesung kneeled down, face the boy. He was stunned, the boy looked so adorable. Yesung pulled off his jacket and wrapped it around his body. The boy was startled by his touch.
“sshh, don’t worry, you’re safe now,” Yesung said gently.
The boy continued to cry. He hugged Yesung tightly. Yesung could feel the body in his arm, trembling. He caressed his back to calm him. They stayed in that position for a while. The boy released his hug then leaned backward. He looked upward to face Yesung.
“Thank you” the boy whispered. But Yesung heard it clearly. He pulled up the boy and sat him in the bench.
“Are you alright?” Yesung asked. The boy nodded, but the tears didn’t stop flowing from his eyes. Yesung wiped the tears with his thumb.
“Why did you stay outside this late?” Yesung asked.
“I don’t want to go back home,” the boy said.
“Why?”
The boy shook his head, Yesung sighed.
“Look..” Yesung stopped he didn’t know the boy’s name.
“Eunhyuk. My name is Lee Eunhyuk,” the boy gave his name.
“Listen to me Eunhyuk, i don’t know what I will do to help you unless you tell me,” he told the boy.
Eunhyuk took a deep breath, he looked downward, “because my step father would do the same thing like those men when i get back home,” he whispered.
Yesung gasped. He couldn’t think of anything to say. He wrapped his arms around Eunhyuk and hugged him.
“I’m sorry, i shouldn’t have ask,” he said regretfully.
Eunhyuk shook his head, “never mind. I should thank to you, you just save me.”
Yesung released his hug. He looked straight at Eunhyuk’s eyes. He felt a will to protect Eunhyuk. He could see that Eunhyuk was suffering. He just realized how Alicia felt when she looked at him in his first day as a vampire. That was why she always treated him well. He didn’t know why, but he felt the need to take care of Eunhyuk.
“You can live with me,” he said doubtlessly. He knew that his decision was a bad idea, but he didn’t regret it. He would protect Eunhyuk and deal with the problems later.
Eunhyuk looked at him in disbelief. How could a man, whom he just met, offer him a place to live? He didn’t even know his name. But Eunhyuk could see the kindness and warmth in his eyes although his body was really cold when Eunhyuk hugged him.
Eunhyuk nodded, he would take the risk of his decision later. For now, he just wanted to feel the security from the other man.
“What’s your name?” Eunhyuk asked Yesung.
“Oh, i almost forgot about that. my name is Yesung.”
“Your accent is a bit weird” Eunhyuk pointed.
“Yeah, i lived overseas. I just came back” Yesung smiled to him. “We better leave now.” He dragged Eunhyuk outside the park.
Eunhyuk followed him in silence.
“We need to find you clothes,” Yesung turned to face Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk just nodded.
Yesung held Eunhyuk hand tightly, tried to assure him that everything was alright. He found one shop that attracted him. he dragged Eunhyuk toward it. As they entered the shop, he felt Eunhyuk tightened his grip. Yesung faced him confusedly.
“Are you alright?” he asked Eunhyuk as the later looked downward.
“I’m not sure that they will accept me in this shop, i don’t suit this place,” Eunhyuk whispered.
Yesung sighed, “no one would dare to kick you out as long as you’re with me. I won’t let anyone hurt you,” he said.
Eunhyuk looked toward Yesung in disbelief “really?”
“Yeah,” Yesung nodded, “i really want to have a brother. Now you’re my little brother, so call me hyung, arasso?” he said doubtlessly.
Eunhyuk nodded hesitantly. How could a man, whom he just met, make him as his brother? But he liked the fact that Yesung considered him as his family. He followed Yesung, more like dragged him, around to pick some clothes. Eunhyuk kept his silence and nodded when Yesung chose him some clothes. Now, his arms were full of clothes. His eyes widened when he saw the price of all the clothes. 
They left the shop, his hands full of shopping bags. Yesung brought them back to the hotel he’s staying at. The receptionist bowed slightly when Yesung passed them. It made Eunhyuk think that Yesung must be their high rank guest. When they arrived in the room, Eunhyuk’s jaw dropped. It was a suit that he just saw in the movies. He wandered around, amazed by the stuffs in the room.
“I’ll take a bath. If you’re hungry, just call the room service,” Yesung said as he walked toward the bathroom. Eunhyuk nodded and sat on the bed. He looked the night table; there was an old journal book. He reached for it and opened it curiously. He couldn’t read what was written in the pages because it was written in English. He just recognized some word. Then when he leaf through the page, he found an old picture. A man that was in the picture was Yesung. He sat next to a beautiful woman. He folded back the picture and gasped when he read what was written there.
Rumania, January 8, 1476