Chapter 29

The Guardian

so sorry for the late update,,,,

it's just my second week in this semster and my assignment has piled up....

:(

but because of a day off that i get tomorrow, i write this chapter update..

maybe it didn't come out as u expected, but like always, hope u enjoy this update ^^

comments and subs r loved..

n thx for all the commentors and subscribers....

love u guys (:

~witchagurl~

p.s : sigh, this fic still unbeta-ed... really need a beta here.... expect the typos n grammatical errors.. n oh, i need to explain that this chapter was happening in the same time as the previous chapter.. the difference is that the background is in Choi's mansion n Lizzy focused, while the previous one is yesung focused...

***

The moment both of the boys stepped their foots into the mansion, a shiver run down her spine. She instantly recognized them.

The creatures that once were their worst enemy. Seeing the gleaming in their black eyes and the arrogant facade on their faces just fueled her anger.

She stole a glance at Yesung, seemed The East Guardian didn’t recognized them.

Yesung’, she called the pureblooded through their mind connection, ‘They are blixes’.

Lizzy could feel the surprise that rose on Yesung’s mind. It took a moment of silence before her companion’s voice was heard again.

Are you sure, Liz?’, Yesung asked her.

‘Yes’, Lizzy answered, ‘Look at their eyes, Yesung, only the blixes that have those kind of eyes’.

!’, Yesung’s curse echoed in her mind.

She focused her mind when she heard Yesung talked to the blixes. She tried to reached the blixes’ minds secretly. She needed to be careful since she didn’t know how strong they were.

When she entered their minds, she stumbled on the iron-hard defenses surrounding them. She probed their mind just to give a check, in return, one of the mind (the shorter’s one), attacked her instead.

She put a strong defense while trying to grab the intruder. But the blixe retreated back quickly.

“.... your kind before,” Lizzy heard Yesung said coldly, “They killed too much humans.”

The taller one, Minho’s face darkened, “What make us different to you, huh, vampire? You kill humans to survive too.”

“But we didn’t play with our meal like your kind did,” Yesung answered, “Your kind thought it’s funny to drain the life of a child in front of their parent, control people to kill the ones that they loved in front of their family, reanimated the death to fight their family that weren’t able to hurt them although they realized the one before them is zombie. Such a filthy creature,” Yesung spat his last words.

“But it’s funny,” Taemin said, he smirked at Lizzy, made her growled lowly, “Just imagining that make me want to laugh,” and laughed he did.

A second later Yesung jumped to the taller blixe while Lizzy focused on the other one.

She at the blixe with her mind, forcefully stabbed at the defenses. She hightened her attack and felt the wall before her wavered slightly. He caught a movement from the corner of her eyes and knocked the blow that was launched at her easily. It was a human. But seeing his blank eyes, she knew that it wasn’t human anymore.

It was a zombie, the corp was brought to life by the blixe’s power. More of the zombies entered the mansion now. Lizzy blocked them to enter the house further.

As Lizzy grabbed and twisted their bodies into pieces, the attack on her mind increased. Seemed the blixe want to divert Lizzy’s attention with the zombies so that he could attack her.

Being a strongest reader and a pureblood gave Lizzy advantage. Her mind defense was as strong as a solid steel that wouldn’t let the blixe entered her mind anyfurther. The damage caused by the blixe wasn’t really bad either.

A loud shriek of agony brought her attention to the other side of the room, where Yesung fought the taller blixe. He could see a dark liquid flowed from the wound on the blixe’s chest. She smiled slightly knowing Yesung wounded that creature.

She brought her attention back to the blixe in front of her. Taemin gritted his teeth in anger. He must be angry because of Yesung. Finally she killed all the zombies that attacked her. She could hear the sound of the fight in the entire of the room. she wanted to help them. But she couldn’t do that one by one. It’d consume a lot of time. The simplest thing was she had to kill Taemin that controlled the zombies.

She run to the brown haired blixe in lighting speed. With her bare hands, she reached for Taemin’s neck. But the blixe was as fast as her (damn it, she was weak in physical battle). So, she failed to catch him.

Taemin throw a punch at her. The moment she dodged the attack, a mental probe spiked deep into her thought. Fighting to protect her mind, she shoved Taemin back and attacked with her own mind.

She jumped on the blixe’s back, caught him off guard when she throw a hard mental stab at him. She pulled Taemin’s head to the side by the hair and stabbed her fangs at his neck. She bit hard and deep, felt so satisfied when he heard Teamin screamed.

She ripped the flesh with a jerk of her head. Taemin reached blindly toward her, clawing her skins to no avail. The blixe then jumped and dropped his back to the ground hardly, effectively collided Lizzy to the hard floor.

Because of the collision, Lizzy loosened her grip, gave a chance to Taemin to free himself. Lizzy stood up abruptly. Grinning when she saw Taemin clutched his neck tightly. The blixe’s blood on made her wanted to throw up. The poison on the that creature’s blood would do no harm at her,since she was pureblood.

Taemin furrowed his brows in concentration. Seconds later a new wave of zombies entered the room along with vampires that Lizzy didn’t recognize. They must be Jonghyun’s vampires.

Most of them toward her. But she was ready. Tearing those zombies and vampires was an easy job. She killed lot of them in the matter of seconds.

Suddenly she heard a scream from upstairs. She recognized it as Eunhyuk’s. she looked for Yesung and saw him dashed toward the source of the voice.

A new presence brought her vision to the front door. He saw a man, Jonghyun, entered the room. His cold face didn’t gave any change as he killed Choi’s vampires easily. She made a run toward him, but was cut off by Taemin that jumped to the front of her.

The blixe attacked her mind again. Much more stronger this time. The strikes that continuesly hit her mental barrier made her stumbled slightly. She didn’t know that the blixe could attack her like that.

Behind of Taemin, she could see Jonghyun made his way toward Siwon. She need to stop that traitor before he reached Siwon. But Taemin launched himself at her. His fangs missed her neck by a width of wire as she moved to the right slightly.

She glanced backward and saw Jonghyun threw Jinki to the wall. She saw how hard the collision that made the leader of the vampires lost his consciousness. Minsuk tried to defend his son, but to no avail. Jonghyun beat him easily.

Lizzy couldn’t help but wondered how the traitor could be that strong. But her concern was cut off when she saw a movement from the corner of her eyes. Taemin dashed toward her, made Lizzy put her left arm as a shield from the attack.

The blixe planted his fangs deeply, tried to rip her flesh. But Lizzy pulled her arm toward her, effectively brought Taemin along. She punched the wound on the blixe’s neck, made the later released her arm. But much to her displeasure, the blixe still standing although wavering slightly.

Yesung! Jonghyun is here, come here and help Siwon! I can’t do that since this ing blixe is really hard to bring down’, Lizzy sent mental note to Yesung.

I can’t Liz, the other blixe brought eunhyuk, I hurted him badly, I’m sure he need Eunhyuk to heal his wound’, Yesung answered in an instant, ‘I need to save him’.

‘But Yesung...’ Lizzy tried to argue.

‘I think it’s how the thing’s done, Liz. Remember your vision, Heechul would surely coming back’. Yesung cut her put before she finished.

Lizzy took a deep breath, ‘Are you sure?’

His answer came in an instant, ‘Yes’.

There’s a pause for a moment. Lizzy thought about Yesung’s word. Her vision was really clear about the ressurection of Heechul now. mean that Yesung was right. They had to give up about Siwon.

‘I understand. Save that human, Yesung’, she prayed her brother could save the human. She knew that he was so important for The East Guardian.

At least, she should kill this blixe before he made any further damages. She reached deep on her mind for a power that was hidden there. The fire that represented her strongest power flared up in a red. She took a deep breath, the warmth flowed through her veins to entire of her body.

She looked straight at the blixe, then at him with her mind. His defense was nothing for her as she drove through his mental barriers. A flood of images engulfed her as she took control of his mind.

Various image of the younger blixe showed how he was the last of his clans. How he traveled and then met Minho. How the attacks from people brought them to be this heartless of creatures.

She shuddered when the satisfaction feeling that Taemin felt when he killed and control the corp for the first time flowed on her mind. She wanted to throw up when the images of the blixes drain the human life to stay young crossed her mind. Once all their lifes were drained, their body looked like crisped leaves, crushed even with a subtle touch.

She was too engrossed in the images on her mind that she didn’t realize one of Jonghyun’s vampire jumped on her. The distraction cut her control over the blixe’s mind. Gave Taemin a chance to regained his mind back.

Lizzy hissed in anger as she pulled the vampire off her and twisted his neck in sickening sound. When he looked back to the front, the blixe was gone. She turned around and found Jonghyun has gone too with Siwon.

She could only clenched her fists as he observed the entire room. The zombies and Jonghyun’s vampires retreated back, left the survive Choi’s vampire behind. Some of them has helped Jinki and Minsuk. While half of them were killed in the battle. Their bodies scattered all around the room.

“Listen,” Lizzy called the attention of the vampires, “Burn all the death ones, friend or enemy. Treat the ones with the worst injury first, save as many as possible. do you understand?”

Lizzy nodded as the vampires answered with a weak yes. She inhaled a deep breath, wished Yesung would come back as soon as possible.