chapter 22

The Guardian

okay.. so here is the update...

really thanks to my beta-reader that managed to beta this fic although she was really busy...

hope u like it..

do comments and subscribes, kay????

(:

***

“the smell of this house make sick,” Kang-in complained as they arrived at the Choi’s house that night.

“Bear with it, will you?” Sungmin asked.

“i have to, there’s no other choice though,” kang-in said.

They knocked on the door, which was opened in a second.[3]

The vampire who opened the door was surprised upon realizing who their guest were.

“Wolves! What are you doing here?!” The vampire hissed.

“We’re summoned by your master. Tell him that we’ve arrived,” Sungmin answered.

"Wait here,\' the vampire said then slamed the door shut.

“Such a friendly host, isn't he?” Kang-in asked.

The other wolf just smiled.

After a while, the vampire came back; he motioned the two to follow him and brought them to the living room.

Other  vampires around the house eyed them suspiciously. But the wolves showed  no fear.

As they arrived in the living room, they were surprised to see a human cuddling with a vampire.

Eunhyuk snuggled closer to Donghae, who wrapped his arms around him.

Donghae made a defense pose when he smelled the wolves. Before the human could react, he was pushed behind the vampire.

 

The wolves were amazed by the vampire’s protectiveness over the human. They never met any other vampire who acted the way he did.

“What are you doing here? You are the leader of the wolves’ right?” Donghae asked.

Sungmin nodded, “We came to meet your father and your brother”

“What for?” Donghae asked while eyeing them cautiously.

“You came” Siwon said before the wolf could answer the young vampire’s question. He was followed by Yesung and minsuk.

Sungmin and kang-in nodded.

Yesung turned towards the young vampire and said, “Donghae, take Hyukkie for a walk will you?” 

“But hyung..” Eunhyuk started but was cut by Yesung.

“Hyukkie, you haven’t been outside for a while. Don’t you want to spend your time with Donghae without the supervision of other vampires?”

“Of course I want to, hyung.”

“Good then, go and have fun” Yesung said, “Donghae, I’m sure you can take care of Hyukkie, right?”

Donghae nodded- reached Eunhyuk’s hand and pulled him towards the door.

“Why is there a human here?” Kangin asked.

“He is under my protection. He is my little brother” Yesung said.

“Brother?”

“My adopted brother to be exact” Yesung cut him off. The wolf shrugged.

“Master” Leeteuk greeted as he entered the living room, “Master Jinki is here”

The said vampire followed after Leeteuk.

Leeteuk’s head snapped toward the wolves as their scent came into his sense.

He was frozen in place as he recognized the wolves. Unconsciously, he touched his upper arm where his scars were.

Kangin avert his eyes from the vampire. All of his senses were focused on him. The vampire’s deep eyes absorbed him completely.

The wolf remembered those eyes; those eyes which captured him since their first meeting in the battlefield. That warm gaze of a supposed to be cold-hearted creature. 

As Kangin stared at those eyes, he realized he has found his mate. Moreover, the fact that the beast inside him screamed “MINE” repeatedly when his gaze landed on the vampire.

 “Kang-in? Kang-in?”Sungmin called.

Kang-in still in daze, moved his gaze towardsSungmin.

“Are you okay?”

The man in question didn’t answer. His body shivered uncontrollably and he started to transform into his wolf form.

“Mate” That was the last word Kangin muttered before his transformation was completed.

With his golden eyes, the wolf stared at the vampire’s eyes for a second before he stormed out of the house. Everyone was surprised as the wolf made his way out, breaking things along the way.

“Kangin!” Sungmin called but the said person was nowhere in sight.

The other wolf understood what happened. He was aware where his companion’s gaze landed for the last time- right on the vampire’s eyes whom he met on one of their battles.

Kangin has found his mate, Sungmin realized. The other told him once about the vampire which attracted him. Before his beast could claim anything, the former got away.

*flashback*

Before Kangin was changed into a werewolf he had a girlfriend named Lee Yoonji. She was beautiful and he loved her so much. But one tragic night, they were attacked on their way home from a lovely dinner date. The said people kidnapped her right before his eyes. He tried to run after them but failed. The next morning, a woman found her body near the forest. He was devastated; he couldn’t believe the person he loved so much left him.

He inspected her body and found some bruise in it. What really surprised him though was the color of her skin- pale, like there was no blood inside her.

He saw two small holes on her neck and other parts of her body. He couldn’t believe it at first but he’s definitely heard of the night walkers who drink human blood. According to stories, the said creatures bite their victims and their blood dry.

After Yoonji’s funeral, he started his research about the night walkers. He searched from books, to some people who had encountered them.

His goal was to take revenge but he knew he wouldn’t be able to defeat them as a human. He read about the werewolves while he was researching about the night walkers. Werewolves and vampires, according to the books, are mortal enemies. To achieve his goal, he needed the formers help.

He followed the rumor where the werewolves live. He arrived at a certain mountain where he had his first encounter with the wolves. He followed a noise which brought him to the darker part of the mountain.

His eyes widened when he spotted what looked like bigger version of a wolf, only this time it was scarier. The said creature was currently having its meal. It dropped whatever he was chewing upon sensing his presence. It had a menacing look in its eyes that made him froze in place.

It walked towards him but he remained calm. He knew it could smell fear so he composed himself when he remembered his purpose.

It stopped in front of him and grimaced- showing its big and sharp teeth. It lowered its head ‘til they were on the same eye level. Its eyes were dark, menacing and it’s piercing through his.

“Help me” he uttered. It stiffened when he spoke. “I know deep inside you can understand me” When it didn’t move, he continued “Please help me kill the night walkers. You know them right?”

It growled deeply upon the mention of the night walkers. It howled as it gazes upwards to the moon then looked down on him, seemingly interested.

“They killed a person I love. I want to seek for vengeance. I want to kill as many as possible. I’ll do anything just to kill them with my own hands so please help me”

It growled once more but he just stood there with determination. It took one step towards him then opened his mouth. He made a blood-curdling scream when it bit him hard.