Chapter 22

True Love Has No Ending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye was still on hospitalization leave but she was not to sit back and relax for long. Her friends would come and visit her at home and telling her how lucky she is to have Geun Suk around. But, Shin Hye definitely did not feel that way. Her friends would be comparing Geun Suk and Min Ho. Without realising, she would end up defending Min Ho. Hearing her friends praising Geun Suk, she felt the need to work. She wants to work. She don't want to be in debt with Geun Suk. She wants to be self-sufficient and had always been one. So Shin Hye went back to Velvet Underground to perform.

That weekend, she was scheduled to perform. Her song choices were all melancholy. That was how her soul felt. Reminiscing the memories as she sang, she was trying hard to keep her composure. As usual she was outstanding. As the finale for her performance, she decided to sing Alicia Key's "If I Ain't Got You", that summarises all her emotions into one.

The song that she used to sing when she was at her happiest made the song seemed like a confession but it was different now.

The song seemed like a plea to a lover as she was choked by her emotions as she sang the last verse.

In the audience, there was one person  who could tell the difference. Present at Velvet Underground was the music producer.

This time around, the music producer approached Shin Hye who was helping out at the bar after she had finished her repertoire.

"Excuse me Miss, may I talk to you for a minute?"

Shin Hye who was clueless could only afford a meek "yes". 

He handed out his namecard. 

"I was expecting you to contact me but you didn't. I was wondering what happened."

Shin Hye looked at his namecard and tried to associate all the things together.  Music producer - namecard - contact him - the song - that night! With all the hullabaloo, the email that she was supposed to sent to him wasn't sent.

"My apologies sir, I have been wanting to email you but because of all the incidents that had happened, it totally slipped out of my mind!"

"Oh really? I guess I must be real lucky to be here tonight to witness your performance again just now."

"Thank you. I'll take that as a compliment and you are flattering me sir."

"Oh that's the truth. You have that X-factor and you definitely exude a powerful aura when you performed. And by the way, the finale song sounded different today."

"Oh really? Different?" Shin Hye smiled.

"Would you like to come down to my agency tomorrow for further discussion on this matter? Because I would like to propose to you something that I hope you won't reject."

Before Shin Hye left for the night, one of her oppa-bandmates passed her a letter and told her specifically to read it only when she is back home.

She took a bus to the apartment in Apgujeong. She finds it funny that never once has she thought about that apartment as her home, though she did consider that dingy basement when life was much hard

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter