Chapter 11

True Love Has No Ending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Ho snapped himself out of his thoughts. He placed the paper back into her folder. He took her bag and the folder and went ahead to meet Shin Hye at the corner she had pointed out earlier. There she was reading and absorbing the words. Taking note of the references she would need to complete her report. 

"Hey there. Mind if I sit here instead?"

"You sure? Won't you be uncomfortable?"

"Why do you say so?"

"Because you are definitely tall and this place is definitely small. You won't have enough leg room."

"Aww~~ you're worried about me already?" 

"I'm just concerned. Should anything happened to your leg I would have to carry you... oh nope.. I would have to drag you out."

"If you are that worried, shall we go somewhere else?"

 

Min Ho had this all planned. Last night, he texted her to ask if she has time after class. She mentioned that she does not have anything on after class tomorrow. Min Ho wants to get to know the real her. But somehow he knew that getting her to open up will not be easy. So he thought of bringing her to a place that overlook the entire city. But to get there he must drive. He remembered he had lied to her for not having a ride. So in the morning, he had texted Shin Hye.

*Beep*

Shin Hye's incoming message.

From: Handsome Guy

Shin Hye, have you dated a guy who has his own car?

*Beep*

Min Ho's incoming message.

From: 1004

Nope. Usually those who has their own car at a young are rich Ba____ who flaunt what their parents bought for them. And I don't get easily attracted just because of riches.

Shin Hye's answer had so much bitterness in it.

Min Ho decided that he can't let Shin Hye find out about his background. If she does, she would definitely not be friends with him, much less opening up to him. He thought. But he needed to drive to bring her to the place. He called Kim Bum, whose father is an owner of a car showroom old and new. 

Riiinnnggg!!!

"Bummie~ Need a favour from you. Can I rent an old car from you?"

"What for? You have the slickest ride among all of us well except Sukkie ~"

"I just need one. Something like a vintage mini cooper or something."

"When do you need it?"

"Tomorrow afternoon. Oh.. can it be delivered to the library nearest to our school?"

"Alright bro. Will update you."

*Beep*

From: Kim Bum

Dude, deal is done.

*Beep*

From: Min Ho

Thanks Bummie~

 

Before he made his way to the library, Min Ho drove his own car there. He then searched for the Mini that he had requested of Kim Bum and there it was. A dark blue mini. Looks old enough yet functioning well. 

 

Back to current moment...

"Somewhere else? Like?" Shin Hye asked.

"You'll find out."

They were heading towards the carpark when Shin Hye asked, "Aren't we taking a bus?"

"Nope. A car."

"You owned a car?"

"Nope. Rented. You don't like dating guys who owns a car remember?"

"So how did  you get this car?"

"I rented it from my friend's father. Just for today. Because today is special."

"Special? Hmmm..."

"Just get in the car already."

Min Ho thought that it would be uncomfortable for Shin Hye to be in an old car. But on contrary, Shin Hye loved it! 

"This car is sooo cool!" Shin Hye gushed.

"Cool? Really? An OLD car?"

"Yup. I've always loved vintage cars. It has so much character. You know if I could drive a lawn mower on the road, I would."

Min Ho laughed. 

"Why are you laughing at?"

"A lawn mower?! How long will it take to reach school?"

"I won't be driving it to school. Duh~"

A girl who doesn't mind an old dirty car and not only that, she loved it. This is getting interesting. 

They stopped by a petrol kiosk to buy some drinks and snacks and to fill up the tank as well. People were looking at their car. Min Ho felt a tinge of embarrassment. Usually when he stepped out of his own car, people were amazed or in awe. But this time people were giving the opposite attention.

"Min Ho-sshi, are you okay?"

"I am but..."

"But...?"

"Don't you feel embarrassed that people are giving us dirty looks?"

"Why should I?"

"The car is attracting attention."

"The car should attract attention because its cool!" she cut him off.

They got in the car and drove off after making payments.

"Why would this be cool?" he asked.

"Why? Because if this car could talk, can you imagine the stories it would be able to tell? It was once young and brand new just like any new cars around. But everything grows old.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter