♥~Chapter Fifty-Four~♥

His Personal Maid

Sara looked at the three teenagers sitting in front of her back and forth. They seemed to come unprepared despite them being the one to ask her to meet up out of the blue.

Jaebum kept on mumbling and Bambam was just sitting there looking confused. Cecilia, who was sitting in the middle of the two boys looked as though she was getting annoyed. Maybe their plan was that Jaebum would be the one to tell Sara the things they wanted to say but either he didn’t know what to say and how to say it or he’s scared of Sara.

“Sara-ssi.” Cecilia started. She took control after a few minutes of the conversation going nowhere. Jaebum looked down on his lap, pink in the face.

“We would like to ask you something.”

Sara nodded, urging them to go on with whatever they want to say. Deep down she had a bad feeling what it was and the aura frightened her but she hid all of her feelings by an expressionless face.

“You do know that Mark went to see Yoojin the other day right?” Cecilia looked up in shock to the two guys by her side when Sara’s eyes fired up. The girl didn’t know. Sara had no idea.

Bambam reached for Sara’s pair of hands that was on the table but Sara hid them by placing them on her lap. He scratched his head in awkwardness, “Mark was able to find where she was staying and talked to her to discuss… stuff.”

“Is that why he wasn’t home yesterday and this morning?” Sara questioned. Her expressionless face was back and that scared the three more than anything.

Cecilia nodded and Sara scoffed in disbelief.

“He told me he went out to meet a friend. Why didn’t I suspect that that friend was her?” she started to laugh which sounded bitter, “silly me.”

“Sara, Mark still likes her. She still likes him. I know this is selfish but please, please help us bring them together again.” The other girl tried her best to say in a quiet manner so Sara won’t be mad. But it didn’t matter how it was said, it was still hurtful and Sara shook her head at their begging.

“I like Mark. Mark and I are getting better now. He doesn’t hate me anymore. Why can’t we also be together?”

Jaebum sighed. “Fine, let’s say you to go along with the arrangement thing. Sure you two have a better relationship now, but can you really live not blaming yourself for Mark’s happiness?” he moved forward and challenged her stare, “Mark will try to be happy and look alright on the outside for you, but it’s going to be tough and awkward. Sara please… it’s time to move on. Mark right now… he only likes you as a friend. We know that and I know, I know that you know it too.”

Sara bit her lip, fighting back a laugh or a comeback, she didn’t really know. However, she does know that if she stayed a little longer she’ll go crazy and start yelling at them. Telling her to give up on Mark is one thing but telling her what Mark really feels about her, that he doesn’t view her as a woman is like a slap on the face. It didn’t matter if she knew it or not. Truth hurts.

She wasted no time but to grab her handbag and rushed out the door without saying a word. Jaebum was frozen in his seat. He didn’t know if what he did was right or wrong but he knew he hurt her feelings. Cecilia patted him on the back and Bambam continuously told him not to blame himself.

Jaebum exited the café saying he needed a breather. It was only Cecilia and Bambam left.

“I gotta head home. I promised my mum that I’ll clean the place.” Cecilia stood up and waved goodbye to Bambam, but the boy was getting ready to head out as well.

“I’ll help you with the cleaning,” he smoothed down the ends of his hair and followed Cecilia out the door, “besides, we haven’t hanged out alone for a while.”

 Cecilia knew that the reason ‘they haven’t hanged out for a while’ was partially her fault, if not, all of her fault. Ever since she told Yoojin how she really feels about Bambam made her awkward with him instead. So all she did was ignore him, try to avoid him and turned down all the offers he asked her. The upside, the awkwardness would never be revealed but the downside is that she started to miss him.

 

Cecilia was busily washing the dishes while Bambam was behind her wiping down the counters and cooking area. She was fighting whether or not to confess. She didn’t need his answer, actually she really didn’t want his answer because she’s too much of a wuss to find out and its embarrassing if he turned her down, nevertheless the constant suffocation she has whenever he is near is getting a little too much to handle.

She stopped the water and took a deep breath. “Bam?”

He stopped what he was doing and turned around and waited. Cecilia turned around too, ignoring the fact that the water from her washing gloves started to drip on the ground in front of her.

“I…” she creased her forehead and pursed her lip. Meeting eyes to eyes made her want to turn back around and just tell him to forget it, but it wasn’t in her personality to back down quickly. She already started it, she has to finish it.

“I think… no, I know that… I like you.”

 

☺☺☺☺☺☺

 

Mark was in the middle of closing up his denim jacket ever since the breeze started to blow a lot harder than before. Sara looked to her right to see him shivering in his thin layer of clothes. Mark sent her a playful glare and curled up his body so that his body heat was helping him warm up.

“I told you to wear more.” She tutted her tongue at him and Mark rolled her eyes at her.

“Oh shush you.” He was glad his teeth weren’t chattering or that would be more embarrassing, “besides I don’t check the weather forecast.”

“You don’t watch the news at all anyway.”

“And you watch it way too much.”

Sara hit his arm, “it’s good to be updated.”

 Mark shook his head while chuckling. They went out to the pet shop where they bought Shiro. He was getting bigger and his toys were getting old. Shiro needed newer stuff as well and a couple more dog food.

They arrived at the pet shop and Mark sighed in relief when he walked inside where everything was warm. Sara followed right behind laughing. A young lady who was a new worker recognised the two since Mark often comes to the place to buy Shiro some stuff. The lady started to walk up to him and asked him what he wanted.

Mark listed down the things he needed and she lead him to the specific places where they could be found. Sara went to the area where the puppies were resting, wanting to a few and feel their soft furs through her finger.

A brown shih tzu hurried towards her when she placed her palm inside the barrier. Sara let out a small giggle when the puppies started to come to her one by one.

“Remember, you can pick them up and carry them.”

Sara quickly spun around when she heard the unfamiliar voice. It was an old lady, and after seeing Sara’s face, she looked shocked too.

Hearing a familiar voice, Mark came to where they are. When he saw the lady from before, they instantly hugged and started to say their greetings. It was obvious that they are close with one another and Sara couldn’t do anything but to stand there and wait for them to notice her.

“I’m so sorry, I thought you were the girl from before…” the lady apologised for creating an awkward scene between them.

Sara blinked when she discovered that the lady said something iffy. “Who’s the girl from before?” She met eyes with Mark who looked flustered at her sudden questions.

After a few clearing of his throat he finally answered, “Yoojin. Yoojin came with me here beforehand.”

Sara didn’t know how to respond so she just nodded and turned back to the puppies she was playing with beforehand. The lady and Mark walked off to somewhere while talking. She heard a Yoojin’s name being said between the two of them a couple of times and she grew curious with what they were talking about. Sara moved to where she could be able to hear them talk without it looking obvious she was eavesdropping.

“Yoojin is doing well…” Mark said softly. The lady muttered something and Mark just sheepishly shrugged his shoulder and looked away in embarrassment.

“When I tried and talk to her, she just… pushed me away again. So I gave up.” Mark confessed, “I even went there and tried to talk it out but she just pushed me away. What was I supposed to do?”

Sara took a glance at them and saw that the lady was trying to comfort Mark, “you know.” She said, “it’s not your fault so don’t beat yourself up that way. It’s just such a shame, you two looked really cute and happy together.”

Mark chuckled and Sara found herself chuckling darkly with him. Everyone complimented that the two looked good together. It bothered her so much.

“So who’s the girl?”

Sara leaned her head closer to where they are, she always wondered how Mark talked about her to other people.

Mark was quiet for a while before he could fully answer confidently, “We’re fiancés by paper. But we had a past before that and things happened and we broke up and it became awkward between us. I pushed it all behind because I was the only one holding a childish grudge on her and I gradually began to like her. But honestly, without the paper, we’re close friends.”

Sara cupped . She wanted to go up to Mark and asked him face to face if he’ll only ever see her as a friend but even if she asked him, he’ll either confess that it’s a yes or say that it’s a no. If he says no then Sara knows that he’s lying.

“She makes me happy however, I guess I can slowly forget about Yoojin and start liking her. Sara is a good person, she doesn’t deserve to not be loved and supported.”

Sara felt touched by his words but more than anything she felt guilty. She felt guilty that Mark had to suffer two years ago where he was left behind and she was at fault. She was guilty that Mark has to suffer through hardships in seeing his friends be bullied because of her own selfishness. She felt guilty that Mark feels that he has to like her because he felt bad.

Sara felt guilty and sorry to her own self. Why was she so attached to a guy that she left in the first place? It made her look stupid. Sure, being friends with him would have been better but she felt guilty that she had to think that bringing himself and the people around him down was the best thing to do at that time. Sara feels guilty for not going out and meeting other people. She needs to stop looking at one person only who will never feel the same bout her.

Sara has to sort everything out. She needed to bring back the two people who deserve each other because they were made for each other. Sara needs to sort herself up as well and she’s thinking maybe studies come first; besides, her dream was to become a nursing student anyway. She’ll see how her life goes right afterwards.

 

Mark offered to take the bags of her on the way back to the Tuan’s resident. She shook her head and gave him a small sign as a thank you for being considerate of her feelings.

“You’ve been unusually quiet.” He commented while eyeing her.

Sara laughed a little and shrugged her shoulder, “I’m just tired Mark.”

Mark knew that something was up but didn’t ask any further. “Mum said that the engagement party, or whatever is next week. It’s when they’re making the whole thing official and for the two companies to collaborate.”

Sara’s ears perked up, “next week?”

Mark nodded and Sara let out a smile again. Mark didn’t know what happened, either the puppies put her in a good mood or maybe it was the side effect of tiredness because Sara suddenly seem so nice and friendly. Whatever happened, he liked this side of Sara the best.

 

☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

 

Of course within three days, everyone in the group of friends found out where she lives one by one. Yoojin wasn’t surprised anymore if the doorbell rings and one or two of her friends were the ones to greet her when she opens up the door.

The doorbell rang again and when she opened it up, she saw the whole 6Mix members all dolled up while impatiently trying to get inside.

“Uh, hello to you too.” Yoojin said dryly when the girls just brushed passed her the moment the door opened up. They invaded the lounge room by chucking handbags and backpacks all over the place and Nayeon started to lay out her make up kits on the dining table which they moved near the window to get better lighting.

“you.” Jeongyeon pointed at her after walking out of the toilet with a towel in hand, “go and shower. We’re heading out somewhere.”

Before Yoojin could argue, she was pushed inside and forced to stay in there by Jeongyeon who was in charge of blocking the door. Yoojin had no choice but to take a quick shower not even knowing the reason why.

Right after stepping out only with a towel wrapped around her, Jisoo forced a dress to be in her possession. Yoojin looked at the dress. It was just a basic A-line dress but the back had cross-overs and it was in a calm lilac colour that she liked.

“Cute isn’t it?” Jisoo winked at her when she noticed Yoojin staring at it, “it’ll look cuter if it was worn by you so go, or I’ll have to dress you up myself.”

Once again, Jeongyeon was blocking the door while Yoojin was forced wear the dress. It was unfair since Jeongyeon was so strong that she couldn’t get out no matter how much she tried. After a few minutes of endless struggling she came out and Jeongyeon helped with the zipper.

“What’s going on?” Yoojin asked Nayeon who led her to sit on the chair they set up in front of the make-up and massive mirror that they set up. Nayeon ushered the remaining girls to come and Cecilia appeared with a hair blower and started to dry her hair with a sly smirk on her face alongside with Lena.

“We’re going to a group date. All of us since we’re all single and sad.” Nayeon giggled a little when Cecilia sent her a glare and when Jukyung chucked a pillow at her.

“I don’t want to go.” Yoojin tried to stand up but Cecilia and Lena pushed her back down and used both of her energy to keep her sitting down.

“I set this up and the guys are really nice.” Jukyung came to where they are and had a pout on her face, “just once. Just this once Yoojin-ah… please?”

Nayeon promised that they’ll all stay together and that the pairs won’t ever separate. When Yoojin finally gave in, the girls started to dance around and scream as though they just won the lotto.

Once her hair was dried and curled by the help of Lena, Nayeon and Jukyung went straight into the make-up, in which they promised Yoojin that they’ll only apply a little since the girl wasn’t a fan of products and all those things being applied to her face.

 

Yoojin looked in the mirror, shocked at what her reflection looked like. They say that make-up can make anyone look different and it was true. Even the mini waves in her hair made her look different. She was so used to looking like a complete wreck every time she looks in the mirror with her hair in a messy bun and her face looking dried and tired. Seeing herself in make-up and her hair down made her feel so girly… and pretty in a way.

“You’re welcome Cinderella. You should thank your fairy godmothers.” Nayeon joked while refixing how her hair was tussled just over her shoulder.

“And the ball is nearly starting. Hurry up Cinderella, your Prince Charming is waiting for you.” Jukyung started to clap her hands to get everyone’s attention and the girls hurried to get their bag and promised to come back and clean up the mess they made.

They all made their way down the minivan that they hired and Cecilia was behind the wheels being their driver for the day and immediately zoomed through the roads to their destinations.

“I was scared that you guys might poke my eye when you were applying my make-up.” Yoojin confessed.

Jukyung who was sitting on her left giggled and shrugged her shoulders.

“But I trust you all anyway.”

Yoojin noticed that the girls exchanged glances after she said that and she wondered why. Cecilia had her mischievous smile on her face. Jukyung and Jisoo who was sitting beside her avoided her glances and the girls on the backrow had weird smirks plastered on their faces.

“I guess we have to break that trust a little just for today.” Cecilia sing-sang.


Author's Note:

someone should hit me for lack of updates. ugh im so sorry. i didnt mean to push updates to be this long. im so so sorry. 

this chapter was a lot more rushed than the og plan as well. ;;;;;

IM SORRY:(

  x