♥~Chapter Fifty~♥

His Personal Maid

Another ad from me hehehe. I'm co-authoring for the first time and it would mean so much to me and exatfrds if you could kindly check it out^^ --> Fervently (Myungsoo and Tiffany)


It’s been approximately two weeks ever since Yoojin had started her job at the yogurt place and she blames the cold weather for not coming quicker. Running from the café to the yogurt parlour wasn’t that bad since it was just across the road or so, but somehow during that small amount of time, she is puffed and sweating more than she does when she works.

The clock on the wall ticked loudly as the place suddenly became quiet enough to hear small noises. It read half past five. It was no wonder why no one was suddenly coming. During this time, everyone wouldn’t visit anymore since dinner was near and most of the time the customers preferred restaurants. Yoojin had already memorised that once the clock hit five thirty, she can look forward to cleaning up. Today was different however; the customers left about ten to twenty minutes way too early.

Yoojin stuck her head out of the building to check for any upcoming customers. She found no one walking around the block.

“What’s wrong?” Minjoo, her supervisor came behind her, a cleaning dishcloth in her hand.

Yoojin closed the door and rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly, “nothing. I was just looking for customers”

“I don’t think anyone is going to come any sooner” Minjoo took of her blonde her out of the bun she tied it in, “this morning we were a full house though. So the business is still going good”

Yoojin took the dishcloth out of the blondie and started to clean the tables but Minjoo held her shoulder and told her that she’ll do it.

“I can handle this, just go home early today”

From the stories that Ms Baek have told her, during the time where she was nearly leaving her work was the busiest. She said that the dishes would be piled up really high and she has to clean up after customers that went by. Yoojin had already decided that she wanted to help her mum.

“Are you sure?”

Minjoo grinned and tipped her head to the worker’s locker room, “go ahead. See you tomorrow okay?”

 

The teen realised that she never visited her mother’s workplace before; she doesn’t even know what it looks like. All Yoojin knew was its address and after asking a handful of people to point the direction she found herself standing in front of a familiar restaurant.

Yoojin inhaled deeply and looked inside. There were lots of people, mostly students. All of them were laughing, eating happily and in their own little groups. Once again, memories raced through her mind. She also once was with a group and eating together happily.

The restaurant that her mother worked in was the same place where 6Mix and her visited to eat ddeobokki and Got7 came right afterwards. It was the same place where Mark first experience eating ddeobokki.

A laugh escaped after rethinking back to how pathetic Mark sounded back then. He called such a famous dish as dirty then ended up liking it after trying it. A little boy that was holding his mum’s hands stared at her weirdly as they strode pass her. The boy woke her up from her trip back to her memories. Yoojin mentally told herself to snap out of it and focus on the present.

 

The boy that served her back then was walking around the place, two trays of dirty dishes in one arm while he tried and talk to one customer about what was the most famous dish in the menu. Once he finished, he hurried to get the dishes inside the kitchen, ready to be washed, he ended up hitting his elbow on Yoojin’s head on the way.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry” He placed the tray down and bowed repetitively at her, making the teenage girl laugh.

“It’s okay, it didn’t hurt”

“that’s good, please, have a seat” He took out a chair and gestured her to sit down, Yoojin shook her head and pointed back at the door that probably lead back to the kitchen area where her mum would be.

“I’m here for my mum, Ms Baek”

“Oh you’re Ms Baek’s daughter? She told me about you”

Yoojin let out a smile then swooped down to take the two trays that male worker was just carrying, it made the latter spurt out nonsense and tried his best to get it back as his possession but Yoojin stubbornly backed away and headed to the counter. She was glad that she already had experienced before or else she would’ve dropped the plates while weaving through the packed place.

“Full house?” She asked then motioned for the male to open the opening of the counter. He lifted it up and placed it back down once he and Yoojin went through it.

“I guess. One of our workers suddenly had an upset stomach and we’re kind of short at the moment”

Yoojin nodded and listened to him. An old lady suddenly opened the door of the kitchen and looked at her and the tray in her hands and then back at the worker who looked down on the floor. The lady smacked him on the arm and hiss orders that Yoojin couldn’t hear. Within a second, the guy took the trays back and escaped inside the kitchen.

 

“I’m sorry if I caused trouble but I’m the one at fault” Yoojin bowed down at the old lady. She had a hunch that the lady was the owner of the place and from memory; it would mean that it’s the male worker’s grandmother.

“Jaehyung’s girlfriend?” The lady questioned. Yoojin tilted her head to the side, not understanding. The older sighed and rephrased her question, “are you Jaehyung’s girlfriend? That boy, my grandson” she pointed behind her index finger back behind her where the kitchen door was.

“No” Yoojin shook her head, “I don’t know him. I’m Ms Baek’s daughter. He looked busy and I wanted to help, as a thank you for accepting my mum as a worker”

The old lady grinned brightly at the mention of her new-made-friend, “Oh, you’re Yoojin yes? Oh, you’re so kind to do such a thing, just like your mother” She held Yoojin’s hands who could only let out awkward chuckles as she eye glance the worker, supposedly Jaehyung, who exited the kitchen with tray filled with orders.

“Let me help, even if it’s just until my mother’s shift is finish”

The lady nodded warmly. The two waited until Jaehyung placed down the order at the correct table and head back inside to get the others. Yoojin watched as the old lady and Jaehyung talked to one another. After that, the male lead her inside the kitchen.

“You’re mum is around here somewhere, you can go and see her now or if you want after these have been handed out” Jaehyung took one out of the row of trays that was still waiting to be served. Yoojin decided to be a kind person first and helped him out before seeing her mum.

 

It didn’t take a long time for all of the dishes were served. Jaehyung was quick and he glide around the restaurant which Yoojin then realised had been improved and renovated, she on the other hand was pretty quick with her steps as well even if she just came back worn-out from her two jobs.

Ms Baek was washing up the dishes that were slowly becoming less due to her hard work. Yoojin was on the counter beside the sink, watching her mum rinse off a cup. She was about to go and help her mum but she got scolded and was ordered to not touch anything. Even if Yoojin didn’t want to, she had to listen to her mum.

“Have you met Mrs Park yet?” Ms Baek quickly stole a look of her daughter to catch her nodding, “and Jaehyung?”

“Yeah, I’ve been helping him around remember?”

“And what do you think of him? He’s good looking isn’t he? Nice and hard working as well? His smile is pretty as well, oh and—”

“–mum please” Yoojin sighed, understanding what her mum was trying to do. Ms Baek was trying her best with trying to help Yoojin forget about Mark, or maybe found another guy. Like the time when they were walking home and a guy in front of them said sorry because he bumped into Yoojin. He was young and was honestly handsome. Ms Baek was elbowing her to try and talk to him but Yoojin hissed to tell her mum to be quiet.

“Sorry” Ms Baek gave her a small smile, “I’ll be out in a little bit. Meet me outside yeah?”

 

 

“Are you like some kind of good luck charm or something?” Jaehyung mumbled beside her ear as he leaned behind her and took his notepad for orders. She laughed and gave him the pen that she was twirling around on her finger.

As though she was some kind of magic, more people started to come and dine inside the restaurant, making the full house into something bigger. Yoojin swore that she just saw a group of people waiting outside of the restaurant for a place to sit. Full houses were tiring, but you can never say no especially if they had money in them.

The worker that was sick sent a substitute in his place so Yoojin wasn’t really needed. She just sticked around inside the counter and watched the commotions happen.

Jaehyung was biting his lip, his mind battling what to do.

“What’s wrong?”

“I need to serve dishes but i need to get orders as well”

Yoojin took the notepad and pen out of his hands and before he could speak, she strode off to the new customers.

 

She got all of the orders and sent them inside the kitchen, she doesn’t even work inside the place but it felt like she was an employee for such a long time. Mrs Park didn’t seem to mind and constantly thank her whenever they see each other.

A girl that was sitting alone caught her eye. She only saw the back of her hair but Yoojin could tell it was some pretty girl. Jaehyung was getting her order, his cheeks were light pink when she laughed and nodded. When Jaehyung left to give her order to the chefs, Yoojin gasped, too loudly to be precise.

The girl gawked at her, letting out a loud gasp as well.

Yoojin turned her heels and was about to leave to be out of the girl’s eyeshot but she called out after her, making everyone inside stare and wonder what was happening. Yoojin didn’t want to create some problem and ended up dragging herself in front of the girl who was then standing up from her chair.

“Here” the girl took off her bag that was on the opposite chair. Yoojin mumbled a ‘thank you’ and sat down, hands on her lap and eyes out the window.

 

“How have you been?”

“I-I-I’m fine. What about you… N-Nayeon?” Yoojin didn’t feel comfortable speaking to someone that she would never expect she would bumped into any sooner. She didn’t how she felt after seeing Nayeon once again. Her mind was a mess and she couldn’t think properly. Nayeon watched as she tried her best not to make an eye-contact.

“Tired to the point that I feel like dying”

Yoojin crumpled her brows and her eyes finally landed on Nayeon’s face. She lost weight, her eyes that used to have a bright twinkle was so distant now, and Yoojin realised that her left knee had a tubular bandaged on it.

“the competition is around the corner and I did something to my knee. It’s no biggie” Nayeon explained when she saw Yoojin stare at the bandage. She touched it unconsciously, remembering the last practice 6Mix had when Nayeon suddenly felt a weird tug in her muscles.

“The girls and I don’t feel like we should continue and practice. It just doesn’t feel right”

“The dance competition is what you all ever wanted” Yoojin spoked, “you were fine practicing beforehand, with the school performance and all”

“Yeah, only because you were there cheering us and making us forget how tired we all were”

Yoojin looked away. Her breathing suddenly went heavy. She gripped on the chair, feeling like she was about to go dizzy. She had to close her eyes and count to twenty until her heart beat paced went back to normal and her breathing was even again.

She remembered what happened last year, of course she did. She would always go inside the dance rooms in school and annoy the group while they were practicing. She would sometimes help them if the positions were correct, and then make sure that they were eating and hydrated. Yoojin was like a magnet to them during those times, but seeing 6Mix grin at her whenever she entered the room made her feel like an important person.

She wanted to leave, she wanted to forget that she never once bumped into Nayeon, but she had to ask a question that she hated herself for wanting to know the answer. Yoojin bit her lip and just decided to ask.

“And the others? How are they?”

Nayeon shrugged sadly, taking a sip of water, “don’t really know. We all stopped talking ever since last week. We fought and broke up, like before”

“Oh…”

“Mark became that stupid that I hated. The one that you used to hate as well, but so much worse than that” Nayeon’s skinny finger tapped the glass, her finger nails making soft ‘clanks’ every time she does so.

Last week Mark was talking badly about 6Mix, and then all of them fought, all of them argued. In the end, Mark said he couldn’t take it anymore and walked away, saying that they were all selfish and useless.

That part was what bothered Nayeon the most because Mark was the one that was creating the whole in their friendship then blamed them instead. They were the one that was trying to pull Mark out of the problems he was facing and tried helping them but he blamed that they were the one that was behind it. 6Mix never talked to him ever since and Mark never apologised as well.

“He is lost Yoojin” Nayeon’s light brown orbs found Yoojin’s quaking pair, “help us find him”

“Sara’s got him. He found his way back to Sara” Yoojin’s tone was strong and fierce coming out forced and gruff.

“He doesn’t belong to Sara”

“I need to go” Yoojin pushed the chair back and ignored Nayeon who tried called after her. She ran inside the kitchen and saw her mum coming out of the employee’s locker; all dressed and had her bag with her, getting ready to go home. Yoojin sighed in relief. She really just wanted to lie down and sleep.

 

☺☺☺☺☺

 

JB cursed under his breath when he still couldn’t get a certain step right. He grabbed the remote that was just a few steps away from him and clicked the rewind button, the song wengt back to the first verse. He rolled his shoulders back and locked a piercing gaze on his reflection from the mirror in front of him. Once the music started, his body soon followed.

Jackson was sitting on the floor, watching as his leader struggled to still get the dance move. It was JB’s last week of school, actually it was everyone’s but JB was the only member that was heading towards university. The rest of the seniors were getting their stuff ready, grabbing everything and packing up, making the last bit of their memories as high-schoolers and then there was JB who was too busy to care about such things.

“Just sit down hyung” Jackson told him. He was getting frustrated watching JB. Normally their leader was pretty quick at getting steps but JB was having such a hard time. Jackson couldn’t blame him as he knew that his mind wasn’t at ease.

JB didn’t listen. He missed the beat, made a mistake and he stomped the floor, running a hand through his damp hair due to sweat. Fury was getting close to his throat, building up and up. All he wanted to do was scream.

“Jaebum, sit. We’ll practice as a group later on” Jr was beside the radio. He bent down and unplugged it. The moment that the music was cut short, JB snapped his head towards him, lasers coming out of his eyes.

“What’s the point anyway?” JB’s voice was cold and rough, he strode to where his younger friend was and pushed him away. The radio came back alive when he plugged it in the socket, “we’re not a group anyway. There’s six of us right now, in case you guys cant count”

The youngest looked around the room, a sad smile on his face. Without a doubt there was only six members instead of seven. It’s been four hours ever since the appointed time they decided on to practice for the competition. Mark still hasn’t turned up, just like what happened two days ago when he was gone for two hours.

“He’s with Sara again” Bambam said, checking his phone. He got in touch with Sara once again, talking to her once in a blue moon. She in forms him if she has plans with Mark, just in case they don’t tell Mrs Tuan beforehand and goes ballistic, at least Bambam knows where they are.

At that time, the door flew open and a smiling Mark entered the room, two boxes of Krispy Kreme in hand. He shook them lightly in the air, saying he bought them while thinking of them. He acted like he hasn’t done anything wrong and added his backpack to the pile that was in the corner of the room.

Jr held JB back when the older was about to head to him, ears fuming and fist balled.

“Sara showed me to this new mall, I’ll take you guys there if you want” he sat down and placed the boxes of yummy treats on the ground. He even nudged Yugyeom whom he knew loved them and without a doubt was staring at them hungrily, “eat first before practicing. We have plenty of time anyway”

“We did have plenty of time” Youngjae growled, kicking the Krispy Kreme away. It made Mark inhale sharply as he watched the boxes slid across the floorboard ground. “We lost four hours because of you” Youngjae had a small smirk on his face after seeing Mark’s reaction.

“That’s not bad” Mark leant back, his arms supporting his weight.

“Not bad? Mark, the competition is in less than a week and we’ve achieved nothing” JB growled, finally found a way to get out of Jr’s strong grip. He was in front of the oblivious younger, telling himself not to hurt him in ways that he wanted to.

“Gee, it’s just a competition” the younger stood up. The tip of his nose nearly touching the leader’s. He was getting annoyed as well. He didn’t fully understand why his friends were so mad at him. He was just late and they could’ve started without him right? Everyone in their lifetime would have been late to something at least once, it was normal.

Competition?” JB scoffed, “don’t you remember it was our dream as a team to perform on stage together?” The team’s leader was forcefully pushing Mark’s chest with his finger, making the two of them to head to the wall back wall of the mirrored room. The rest of the boys stood up, feeling the high intensity in the air.

“Maybe you just don’t care about us anymore. Is that more important to you now? Are we, your members and friends, nothing to you? Are just we rubbish? A waste of space? Is it because were lower than you?”

“Shut up Jaebum, you know nothing” Mark growled. He caught JB’s finger and even attempted to break it backwards, JB kicked him in the shin and backed away. His eyes never leaving Mark’s then continued to express his anger. His voice was a lot louder now, his throat hurting and his adrenaline pumping due to anger.

 

“I think I know enough. You and your weak little brain thought it would be okay if you forced yourself to like Sara, but you don’t Mark and you know it yourself” Youngjae pulled the one of his leader’s arm, telling him to just stop it but JB ignored him, “being a douche means being cool, is that it? is being a jerk the new trend now? If you think being a complete is a good thing then get out of my face because I’m over it”

Mark scoffed and raised a fist, aiming at JB. Jackson grabbed hold of his waist and bit his lip hard so he won’t cry out loud when Mark started kicking him ad beating his arm, ordering him to let go.

“If you don’t have anything to do with this team anymore then please, leave. The door is ready to welcome you, and no one is going to beg you to come back, well at least I’m not” JB dropped his voice to a harsh whisper. His energy drained and he felt like going sick.

Jackson let go of Mark and thankfully the Taiwanese calmed down. Everyone was quiet and was gaping at JB like he was speaking another language. JB meant everything that he said though, and he wasn’t going to take his words back any sooner.

“Or maybe just wake the up and work your off to gain all the time you lost” the oldest started to sauntered towards the front of the room. He pushed the hat on his head deeper, his brows hidden inside the brim.

He watched from the reflection, Mark mumbling incoherent sentences under his breath, seized his bag and slam the door behind him. The leader sighed in defeat and turned the music back on.

“Go to your spots or leave like what he did. I don’t care what you do anymore”

Bambam slid his phone to the floor and made sure it was out of the way. He moved to his spot and copied JB, dancing along with him. The rest of the members didn’t speak and did what he did.

They danced until night time then returned home with heavy hearts. The boxes of Krispy Kreme were still inside the room, untouched.

 

Bambam walked out of his class and saw Nayeon leaning against the door panel, ankles crossed. 6Mix and Got7 haven’t had any conversation with one another. They all completely disregarded each other and went on with their lives on their own quietly. So seeing Nayeon was unanticipated to Bambam.

“A quick word?” She asked. Bambam nodded. Nayeon pushed herself off the panel and began to walk to the staircase, heading up to the school’s rooftop where it was more private and quiet.

 

The girl walked around the whole rooftop, making sure that no one was there so no one would hear before joining Bambam who was leaning over the concrete ledge and staring below them.

“Let me get straight to the point” She said. Bambam tore his eyes off the ground that seemed to be a million miles away and faced Nayeon, waiting patiently to what she has to say. Nayeon heave a sigh and ran a hand through her hair before clearing .

I found her. I found Yoojin” 


Author's Note:

Whooaaaa, fifty chapters already? XDDD This would probably less than fifty chapters once i re-edited everything but wow, i would have never thought for this to be so long :O

It's nearing it's end and ugh... it's almost like letting go of my baby. i'm having mixed feelings asdfghjkl;