♥~Chapter Two~♥

His Personal Maid

Hopping off the taxi, I looked up only to see the most beautiful building I’ve ever seen in my whole life. This can’t be the Tuan’s residence right? No one could be this rich. It was a mansion, wait no, more like a palace. “Amazing…” I breathe.

Walking up the drive way and to the main gate, I saw two bodyguards dressed in suits looking straight ahead, “Annyeonghaeseyo~” I bowed at them, but they took no notice of me. “tsk, fine then. Cold people” I muttered and walked to the speech recognition that was on the brick panel at the end of the gate.

 I pressed a button and spoke, “annyeonghaeseyo, Baek Yoojin-imnida” “Hello, Baek Yoojin-ssi, what is it that you want?” an electronic female voice said on the other line. “ah, can I speak to Mrs Tuan please?”

 “Yes, please hang on a moment”

 I bit my lip waiting to connect with the owners of this house, I noticed on of the guards with a bald head watching me, I gave him a small wave but he just gave me a blank stare before going back to looking ahead. “Okay then…” I scratched my head awkwardly.

“Miss Yoojin?”  A voice spoke up, “oh! Ah, neh. Annyeonghaeseyo Mrs Tuan” “this isn’t Mrs Tuan, it’s her assistant, did you think madam would just speak to anyone?”

Whoa geez, that was a bit rude.

 “Ah, neh. Mianhamnida”

“What is it that you want exactly?” asked the lady. “A chance to do the interview” I answered. I heard her chuckle on the other end, “oh Miss Yoojin, did you think we're that stupid to believe you? Already a hundred girls can here wasting our time with the same excuse just to see Young Master”

Bwoh? What is this? Already a hundred girls? Young Master? Who the hell is this guy anyway?

“Ah, I’m sorry, but I think you have mistaken me, I didn’t even know that Mrs Tuan had a son, I came here for the job nothing else. Believe me, please" I begged

 “Please move on, were busy” the lady replied in a monotone voice. “No please! I promised my mum that I will make her cured, I don’t want to let her down, please, give me a chance, that’s all I’m asking for” there was no reply; I sighed in frustration as I crouched down.

“Aish, ottoke?!” I squeaked and buried my face into my palms. “What now? Should I just look for another job? Yeah, maybe I should just do that” I stood up and brushed off my clothes, “thanks for nothing” looked back to the mansion and sighed as I began to walked off the driveway.

“Wait! Miss Yoojin, Madam wishes to see you” I turned around quick, “me? She wants to see me?” the bald bodyguard nodded while the other bodyguard with a moustache spoke over to his talkie and the gate automatically opened.

A lady that was formally dressed looked at me for a second before turned and walked “Yoojin-ssi, follow me” she turned and began to walk, and I followed her inside.

Awing at the beautiful sight presented in front of me as I trailed behind the lady I stopped and took the amazing scenery in. The garden was breathtaking there were flowers that I haven’t seen before and their beautiful aroma filling up the place, butterflies fluttering freely to one flower to another. It really was beautiful.

 “Miss Yoojin-ssi?” the lady looked back at me, “ah neh, sorry” I stopped looking around and hurried by her side.

 

☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

 

The lady knocked three times on the heavy marron double door. We were already inside the mansion and ever since I stepped inside my mouth was hanging wide open. Amazing furniture was everywhere; antique paintings were hung on walls, chandeliers in every room. it was just amazing. I was even to scared to touch anything since everything looked like it was a over the price of a million won.

“Come in” a female voice replied. The lady opened the door and beckoned me to go inside and I did. A lady that looks about in her earlier 30’s was sitting on a beige coloured leather arm chair; she looked so high-class and elegant.

“Yoojin?” she asked as she looked up at me, “neh, annyeonghaeseyo” I bowed. She gave me a nod and pointed at the white three person couch, “Make yourself at home”

I nervously sat down on the couch and awkwardly placed my hands on my lap and looked around the room.

 “So, Miss Yoojin, you came here for the job interview right? Nothing else?” I nodded, “yes Mrs Tuan, just for the job interview” she squinted her eyes at me, “hmm, good. You better not be here to waste my time, or else, don’t ever show your face to me ever again” she turned to the lady who was standing by her side, “a juice for Yoojin and tea for me, thanks” the lady nodded and headed out the door, closing it behind her.

Mrs Tuan tapped her fingers on the hand rest and I cleared gaining her attention. “Uh, Mrs Tuan, I was just wondering, what you said before… why did you ask if I came here for something else?” Mrs Tuan cocked her head to the side, “already a million girls around your age came out the front gate also begging to come in, but they only came here to see my son. I thought you came for the same reason, but I guess not”

“I didn’t even know you had a son…” I muttered. “To be honest Mrs Tuan, I did come here for a reason, but it has nothing to do with your son. My mum is sick, and she needs to stay at the hospital to be cured, but we can’t afford the hospital bills. But I don’t know what I’ll do if I lose my mum, so I came here for a job so I can pay everything off so my mum can be fully cured”

 She looked at me before reaching for paper that was on the coffee table, “perhaps… your mum is Seongi?” My eyes widen, “neh, how did you know?” “Ah well, she already booked an interview that was supposed to be an hour ago, she was my only hope, but she didn’t come, and I’m guessing she’s at the hospital right?” I nodded, “that’s right”

“Hmm, so you want a job here for your mum?” once again I nodded. “Caring, I like that” she smiled at me, “I’ll tell you what, do you have a resume with you. I just want to go through it so I know where I can put you in”

“put me in? What do you mean?” I asked as I gave my resume at her. “Example if your good at cooking then you are in the kitchen, something like that” she answered as she put on her glasses to read my resume. “Bwoh?! Your gonna accept me?” I smiled brightly. “Not straight away, you still have to go through stuff. Hyemi, the lady here earlier, will tell you more later” I nodded, my heart was beating so fast, I can’t believe it.

 ‘I told you umma, I’ll get this job. Just you wait, you’ll be cured in no time’

“What’s this? You don’t go to school anymore? You dropped at the age of… 12?” Mrs Tuan looked at me confused. “Ah neh, that’s when the problem started. We didn’t have enough money to pay of the bills, so we had no choice but to let me finish school. But don’t worry, my next-door neighbour Mrs Jang gives me books to study sometimes, so I study at home” I explained.

 Mrs Tuan just nodded and continued reading. “Well, when Hyemi gets here, go with her and she’ll take care of you, arraso?” Mrs Tuan placed my resume down.

 I grinned at her, “Thank you so much Mrs Tuan!” I squealed and threw my arms around her. “thank you for giving me a chance”

The door suddenly opened, “sorry for being late something- um… Madam are you okay?” Hyemi walked inside and setting the drinks on the table.

Mrs Tuan chuckled, “I’m fine” I apologised at her and let go, “this is your only chance Yoojin, don’t let me down. Fighting!” she threw her fist in the air.

 “Neh Mrs Tuan, fighting!” I smiled while punching the air.


Author's Note:

Second chapter up~

sorry if im still going over the small and boring part, Mark is gonna come up sooner and later, just wait guys ♥♥

Chapter image by rOsEjOOng