♥~Chapter Thirty-Eight~♥

His Personal Maid

The quietness from our table was scaring others, as well as the people sitting there, which now include Bambam. He had his head down and continued to eat, spoonful after spoonful. He just continued to eat. They were all looking at him, not because he was pigging out, more like because he was actual sitting with them today for more than 10 minutes.

Yugyeom passed him a bottle of water, worried that he might choke. Bambam smiled at him also ruffling Yug’s now-pink-hair. Everyone just sat there, stunned, unmoving and no one spoke. They were all staring at Bambam like he was some strange creature.

“Yah. Are you guys not going to eat or not?” Bambam asked making everyone clear their throat and look away. On the other side of the table Cecilia was simply eating, muttering a ‘snap out of it’ underneath her breath to the others which they obeyed.

“Yoojin, carrots” Bambam pointed at the carrot sticks that were on Yoojin’s plate. “Uh… oh yeah” he reached over and took them away from her.

“I still don’t understand why you don’t like them Yoojin. They taste nice as”

“Yoojin?” Lena repeated, unfamiliar with the way Bambam was addressing Yoojin. “Ah… Jinnie” Bambam corrected himself, “mian” he held up a peace sign towards her and smiled.

 ‘How was he perfectly fine just sitting there after his confession? After I rejected him? Maybe he did take in on account that I couldn’t like him, or maybe he was just playing around’ There were many thoughts that were going around Yoojin’s mind.

Mark who was sitting next to her nudge her foot under the table, “did something happened?” Yoojin shook her head, “I don’t know. He’s confusing me right now”

 Bambam was acting like he normally does, smiley, laughing and chattering loudly. The others kind of looked at him weirdly for a few minutes before just going with the flow.

“Sorry I haven’t been with you guys for a while” Bambam smiled apologetically to the group, “I’ve been trying to clear my head and keeping distant from everything strangely helped a lot. Only because I became sure of my feelings”

 “Girl?” Jukyung asked, popping a chocolate in . “Yeah, it’s because of a chick”

“Oh yeah?” Youngjae butted in.

“Yeah. This time I gathered up all my courage to try and make her mine” Bambam’s eyes landed on Yoojin who stiffened on her spot. “She knows it too. I hope she allows me to show her that I’m actually being truthful, I hope she can actually give me a chance to show her that I actually like her”

 

Bambam threw the ball up in the air and caught it before it landed on his face. Cecilia who was sitting next to him got annoyed at the ball that was repeatedly being thrown up into the air for at least an hour. She grabbed the ball off him before throwing it to the ground, “it’s annoying”

Bambam looked up at her and rolled onto his tummy, he closed his eyes as he felt the soft material of his blanket against his cheeks, “I’m so tired”

 Cecilia rolled her eyes, “you called me over just so I could watch you throw a ball up in the air?” Bambam shrugged playfully annoying Cecilia even more. “I should just head home” Bambam grabbed her ankles to stop her but she kicked his foot away, “stop it. I’m tired too”

“Tired of what? Of school?”

 “No, the same reason as you. I’m tired of my unrequited feelings” Cecilia confessed shyly. Bambam grew interested and smiled at her, “aigoo. I never thought that our Cece actually likes someone” “yeah, no idea at all” Cecilia chuckled.

 Cecilia ended up staying in his room longer than they actually planned. Both of them lay down on his bed, eyes on the wall and simply talked. Bambam was the one who talked the most; he let out all of his feelings and thoughts out. He trusted Cecilia to bits so he was fine telling her everything, even who he liked. Cecilia was fine with him trusting her, but not so much of what he was feeling.

Bambam didn’t notice her quietness and continued on, she just nodded or let out an ‘ah’ or an ‘oh really?’ from time to time. Half actually listening to what he was saying and half wanting it to end. Not because it annoyed her which was mostly the case but it was because it made her feel uncomfortable.

“I realised I’ve been just chatting about my problems. I’m sorry” Bambam patted her arm. Right now Bambam was the real Bambam, he was smiling yes but not as much as he usually does. Cecilia knows that the real Bambam was actually really observative at everything.

He also liked to talk about his deep feelings for a long time to the point that he has no more words to say. Yet he never fails to think about other people’s feelings, which makes him apologise after a long session of him just talking.

Cecilia just nodded, she understood that he was truly sorry and he could tell that she accepted his apology. “What about yours? What’s your story?” Bambam slightly turned to the side, watching her as she spoke.

Cecilia eyes never left the ceiling only because she wouldn’t be able to help her if she also turned to the side to face Bambam. They were so close right now, so close that it makes Cecilia afraid that Bambam would be able to hear her heartbeat, which right now was going a hundred times an hour.

“My story? I think it’s a little more pathetic than yours” Cecilia replied. Bambam snorted, “Wow, I never would have thought someone would have a bigger problem than mine”

 “yeah, it’s a triangle as well though. Mine is just a lot longer than yours. You only started to like Yoojin. Mine? Mine started 5 years ago” Cecilia closed her eyes remembering the past, lips twitching into a small smile.

“5 years? Oh that’s when we met right?”

Cecilia nodded, “yeah. That’s the same year we met”

 

Cecilia has her eye focused on the smiling boy who was standing at the front of the class. His hands clutching the straps of his bag tightly and a snapback loosely hanging on his head, his eyes scanned the class. Even if he was smiling Cecilia could sense that was nervous.

Who wouldn’t be nervous if you’re a new kid? Especially if the whole class was staring at you while judging you from top to bottom. Even just thinking about it made goosebumps on Cecilia’s arm.

 He greeted everyone, saying out his name, his age, where he was from. He sounded like a robot to be honest, spouting out useless facts that wasn’t needed to be heard. Everyone called him by his nickname, his full name was too much to pronounce anyways. He didn’t care as well.

He seemed like a guy who you could talk to easily, he smiled easily; he doesn’t let things get to him as well. Cecilia was the opposite, she was quiet, antisocial, an introvert who hated attention. There was a class assignment they needed to do, a presentation in front of the class was also needed. In her group it was only the new guy, they were the only group that had only two people.

Originally the plan was 4 people max, anyone could be who they wanted to be in. the new guy was asked a lot if he wanted to be in other groups but his eyes was already on the girl who was looking out the window in the corner of the room.

Everyone was shock that he wanted to be with her, it was the same in her position as well. People have told him that Cecilia was a curse and not someone he should be with, but he told him he wanted to be with her. He stuck with his own decision whether they like it or not.

 It was their turn to go up the class, Cecilia’s whole body was shaking, she couldn’t even walk to the front of the class without falling over and when she did fall over the new guy helped her up. He whispered comforting words to Cecilia, he helped her calm down. “It’s okay. Everything will be alright. I’m scared of crowds too, I’m scared of talking in front of everyone as much as you are” He brought her hands and placed it on his chest, his heart was beating loudly beneath her palms, just like her was.

“Pretend they’re not there. Talk normally like you do to others, don’t let their eyes beat you down. If they say something forget about it, push those thoughts away. if you continue to let everyone’s opinion get to you it will be a bad fear that you’ll have to deal with your own life. Be confident in yourself. Show others what they haven’t seen before, blow their minds. Show them you’re not easily beaten down” He was holding her hands as he said them, the sweats that was forming on his palm made Cecilia realised that he was nervous as well but he was still smiling.

“How can you still smile so brightly?” she asked him.

“I’m used to faking my feelings with my smile” Hearing that made Cecilia’s heart drop. Something must’ve happened in his life that made him like this. A boy who was broken in the inside, feigning a smile with tears in his eyes. He was too young to experience such things, how could this be fair.

They presented their work, surprisingly Cecilia did most of the talking, and he let her, a proud expression on his face kept Cecilia from breaking down. An innocent crush was formed that day, she knew it.

 

 He was the guy who had helped her through so many things, a sweet and understanding guy who had let her open up with her feelings to other people. She was once a struggling little girl who couldn’t even keep her head up, she use to shake and stammer when a person would approach her but he had helped her overcome that and so many other fears.

He was different, he was the guy who smiled through everything, head help up high and kept his inner feelings to himself. Cecilia was able to crack through his mask and noticed the guy who was having so much trouble that he didn’t allow himself to take a break.

He was afraid of quietness because that’s when his thoughts appear. He was afraid of his thoughts because it was like a warning call to say that he needed help. Cecilia listened to his worries and she had helped him like how he had helped her.

 For many years they continued this way, both helping each other out through everything. Understanding and respecting each other, they were both able to open up to each other and to others as well.

 “Bambam!” She shouted, his pink hair standing out in the sea of students. He turned around and smiled. She ran over to him but tripped over something, he helped her up, laughing.

 The situation was too familiar, Cecilia then remembered that the same thing happened when started to like Bambam. He grinned at her and slung over a shoulder, “you fell for me once again?”

“What are you talking? I fell for you ages ago”

 He looked at Cecilia, thinking it was a joke he just laughed it off. Cecilia just smiled, it was fine this way. She just promised herself that she will tell him one day, just not now. Her feelings will be exposed when the time is ‘right’

 

“I like him for a long time that it’s actually crazy. I knew that he liked someone, no not like just a heart that was shaken by that person. I thought that the person he used to like wasn’t much of a competition, we are still young, it was common to be shaken up. But then I saw the way he looked at this girl. He might not notice it, but I did. I had a feeling that the girl he looked at could be the person he actually likes. I was right” Cecilia sat up, elbows jabbed onto the bed and legs brought in.

“Wow. A little too late huh? Were both a step behind” Bambam bit the inside of his cheeks and continued to watch her. “I guess. I had a chance to tell him, but I chose not to. It’s my fault anyways” Cecilia looked at the clock on the wall; she decided it was time to go.

 

“You. You better not do anything that will hurt my Yoojin okay. Don’t make her cry, I don’t know what I’ll do” Cecilia was putting on her jacket when Bambam told her about him planning something with Sara. Even if Yoojin was Cecilia’s ‘rival’, Cecilia still looked at her as a friend, like she said it was her fault for not being able to tell Bambam her feelings, it was her fault that she has lost the chance to be with Bambam, if there was even a chance to be with.

“She’s the girl I like. I won’t be able to bring myself to hurt her and if I do, I won’t be able to forgive myself” Bambam smiled reassuringly. Cecilia smiled back though her heart dropped. After being with Bambam for a long time she learnt to also hide her feelings even if it suffocates her whole.

 

“Oh right. Who is this mystery guy that missed out on our Cecilia?” Bambam walked her down to the bus stop.

“You’ll find out soon enough” Cecilia winked at Bambam. It was true, she was really going to tell him, soon enough.


Author's Note:

Wow, kay. So the amount of chapters this story actual have scares me. OTL. I'll edit the whole story when i finished writing all of the chapters. (i read over this story last night and wonder why i actually have subs. .___.") I told myself that i should totally finish this story before April so you'll guys will be able to read my other stories but i just seem to drag this story more than planned. Haha.

By the way this story is kinda short, so i think i'll edit this tmr or something.  I dunno. BTW, if you guys didnt know already, Cece likes Bambam. So yeah. I like one-sided love story kay, dont judge. xD ilysm