Day 5 : New Neighbor

100 Days

New Neighbor

 

 

Day 5

New Neighbor

Niga tteonago neul seulpeuda

Amuri seulpeohaedo seulpeumi mojalla

Mam noko apahal goseul chaja sumneunda

Bul kkeojin jip ape meomchwojin chaane neoui jip ape

Sarang irheun sarmeun ganan nama inneungeoseun geujeo teong bin neowa nan

LeeSsang – Tears

 

Without knowing why, the first thing I heard this morning was the song “Tears” by LeeSsang.

It woke me up completely.

I realized that the moment I woke up, I was sleeping on the couch with the TV on since last night. And that’s why, the first thing I heard this morning was a LeeSsang song.

But, why did I hear this song first thing in the morning ? It kinda made my mood down.

Nevertheless, today I already made a note about what I wanted to do the whole day. And, since I didn’t have anything to do outside today, I decided to clean the whole house ‘cause I haven’t cleaned my own home for a long time. I bet there’s dust stacked on every corner of my home.

I took my broom which was placed on top of the refrigerator. How did it get there ? I don’t know. Probably because I was too busy throwing all my things and this broom ended up being placed on top of the refrigerator.

I brought my broom along with the dust pan and walked towards my room. I’ll start with my room first.

I swept the floor as I hummed the song “XOXO”. I felt a bit happier every time I hummed a happy song, and can’t stop myself from grinning widely.

I continued my house cleaning activity, and cleaned every inch of my home.

And as expected, there’s just too much dust stacked in every corner of the house. I sneezed a lot because of this. And my nose has gotten itchier.

“A…A…ACHOO !!!”

I walked outside the house, dragging both of my “no-energy” feet. I threw the rubbish which I brought along with me to the green trash can and patted both of my hand. Because of this, my hand also produced dust.

“Dust, dust, dust. Flying everywhere”

Like a kid, I hummed my own-made song, “Dust”. And grinned widely like I was given a toy car by Mom.

“Hey, Chanyeol !!!”

A voice made me snapped out from my childish like imagination.

“Jongin !”

He waved his hands at me, with somehow, a cool figure(?).

“Is this your home ?”, he asked as he walked towards me.

I replied with a nod, still grinning widely.

“Nice home”, he said, “But, what are you doing there ?”

“I’m… cleaning my home”

“Wah… You’re an unexpected, diligent guy, huh ?”

Diligent. That kind of word somehow doesn’t suit me very much. But it made me happy.jj

“Is this what they said, receiving a compliment from someone ?”, I mumbled to myself.

“What ?”

“Nothing. Do you want to come in ?”

Jongin nodded. I replied with another wide grin and dragged him into my home.

I served Jongin my home-made tea and some snacks that I bought at the mini-market. I still can’t eat snacks, so I only looked at Jongin while he enjoyed some of the chips.

My tummy grumbled when I was looking at him, so I decided to eat some instant jjajangmyun.

I took an instant jjajangmyun from the top of my shelves and made my own self, a jjajangmyun.

“Do you want some ?”, I asked Jongin.

“No thanks. I’m already full just by eating your snacks”

 

After a while, my instant jjajangmyun has already ready to be eaten.

I sat beside Jongin who is still busy eating his snacks and was absorbed in the TV show. The Running Man variety show was played on the TV.

I started to eat my jjajangmyun as soon as I sat down. And somehow, I became focused in the jjajangmyun and in the Running Man.

 

“I’ll be going first”, Kai said.

“Okay. Come here another time, Kai !”, I said as I waved goodbye to him.

By the way, we become a lot more closer after two hours laughing and chatting together. And somehow, I started to call him “Kai”. ‘Cause he told me to.

Kai walked farther and farther away from my home. His back was slowly fading away as he walked farther.

Loneliness has come to me again.

I went in to the house, closing the door and sighed. My home felt lonelier when Kai left.

I walked towards the sofa and threw myself on top of it.

Tired. Sleepy.

I closed my eyes slowly, slowly. And finally went to sleep.

 

*RING**RING**RING*

The doorbell sound broke my peaceful sleep.

I woke up, still in dreamland, and walked towards the door.

My hand opened the door, and my face popped out to see who’s outside.

“Who is it ?”, I asked, still sleepy.

“I’m- Park Chanyeol !”

I thought to myself, what is this person, shouting at me and pretended to know me.

But somehow, I felt this voice was not unfamiliar. I kinda heard this voice before, and somewhere.

I rubbed both of my eyes to see clearer.

And what a shock.

“B-BSJ !!!”

“Geez… Ahjussi ! I’m not BSJ ! I’m Suzy !”, she said, with her not-so-innocent face.

“I’m not an ahjussi either”

“Well, now you did look like an ahjussi. A messy hair, and a panda eyes. Also a disheveled T-shirt. An excellent ahjussi look”

She nodded her head, somewhat satisfied with my look.

“Geez. Okay fine. But, what brings you here ?”

“I’m a new neighbor of yours”, she answered.

“You ? You ? You ? You sure, BSJ ?”

“I’m 100% sure. And I’m not BSJ”

“Wait, wait. You’re my neighbor ?”

“I am. Am I still not clear enough ?”

Yep. You were clear enough to make me shocked. Clear enough.

“Here’s some of my home-made spaghetti. Hope you like it”, she said as she gave me a blue lunchbox.

“And, Park Chanyeol, I’ll be in your care from now on. Nice to meet you, again !”

 

I never knew this girl would ended up being my neighbor.

That day, my noisy day has made its beginning. 

 

------------------------------

NOTE

Hello !!! It's been a long time since I updated 100 Days. 

So... How's your summer holiday ?

Mine was not too good, and I've experienced to many unlucky things happening in my summer. Ah... This is my worst summer ever. 

By the way, I'm sorry that I haven't updated 100 Days for such a long time. The internet connection in my place was freakingly slow, so I decided to wait for a while. And now it has gone better, I decided to update 100 Days. 

Thank you for waiting, and I'm sorry for making you wait for a long time. 

I hope you'll enjoy the story.

Thanks ^^ !!!