Day 18 : What Am I Going To Do Today ?

100 Days

What Am I Going To Do Today ?

 

Yesterday, I slept later than usual. Since I got a lot in my mind, I have no choice but to drink a lot of coffee. And so, yesterday I slept at 2 A.M.

I woke up. Unlike the other days, the sky was black. Raindrops started to fall like tears. The sun was not seen anymore.

“The sky… It’s crying”, I said, while my hands wiped my itchy eyes.

It’s still 9 A.M but, everything was dark like nighttime. Even the TV seems to be in a bad mood. Every show it’s playing, was boring. Even though Running Man was played, I still felt it was boring.

I wondered what happens to me today.

 

“Your house seems gloomy”

“B…S…J…”

“What happened ? And please, don’t call me BSJ anymore”

Suzy came towards the kitchen, bringing a bright pink wrapped, lunch box ? Or maybe.

She came back after putting that thing in my kitchen. And then stood in front of me, who was sitting like a corpse. Suzy pinched my cheek.

“What’s wrong ?”, she asked, “You’re different than usual”

“Huh ? Am I ?”

“Pfft… You didn’t realize it ? You used to be in a kid mode every time someone came here. But right now, you looked like a corpse”

“Um… Can I really tell you ? No, I can’t. No, no, no”

Suzy gave me a sigh as I shook my head for several times.

“Let’s cook”, she said suddenly.

“Huh ? Why ?”

“LET’S JUST COOK”

Suzy grabbed my sleeve and dragged me towards the kitchen. She tired her hair into ponytail, and handed me my old apron that she took from the hanger. 

“Why did we need to cook so suddenly ?”, I asked.

“’Cause it seems you have some problems. You know, when I have problems with someone or with myself, I always cook. Cooking is my way to get rid of it, and makes everything better”, she replied a long reason to explain this situation. And I finally knew, why she told me to cook.

“What are we cooking ?”, I asked again.

Ddeokbokki. You have the ingredients right ?”

“H-Huh ? M-Me ? I never made it before”

“Geez, you… Wait a sec, I’ll take it from my home”

Suzy ran outside towards her home which was right beside mine. So I thought it would need five or maybe ten seconds to go and came back.

And so, I counted to five, then ten, then thirty, then forty, and lastly 1 minute. I thought she would be a great runner, since her feet ran away like the wind. I wondered why she was taking too much time there.

I waited for some times, but Suzy didn’t came back for a long time. I wandered around, and even peeked outside.

But, there’s just no sign of her coming out from her home.

 

“What is she doing ?”, I asked myself.

I felt that Suzy has been taking too much time at her home. It’s been 30 minutes since she last went out. Usually, people don’t take a long time to take something from their home right ? If only their home was far away, it’s understandable.

But right now, she’s my neighbor and our house were right beside next to each other. It’s weird right ?

Lastly, I went out and walked towards her home. Although I’ve said it before, barging into her home is a bit rude, I don’t have any choice. I was just worried if there’s something wrong happened.

“S-Suzy ? Are you inside ?”

“Chanyeol ! Help me to find the red pepper paste ! It’s missing !”

I stood there, speechless after hearing what Suzy said. I just thought something was wrong, and now, she was just trying to find that red pepper paste.

I told myself that I’m an idiot for thinking that way. I hit my head and let out a sigh.

I didn’t know if I was relieved or not, I just let out a sigh from my mouth.

“I FOUND IT !!!”, Suzy shouted from inside, when I was just about to go in.

I let out a sigh, and wore my white home slippers again. I just knew I wore this when I took it off before.

“Then, let’s make the ddeokbokki”, I said, when Suzy came out bringing the ddeokbokki ingredients.

Suzy’s hands were both full with the ingredients. But then, she handed all those things to me so suddenly and she only brings her red pepper paste in her hand.

She really is making me do all sorts of things.

 

Ddeokbokki !”, Suzy said loudly.

She wears the plastic gloves and gets ready to make the ddeokbokki, and I wore a pair too. Then, the both of us started to make the ddeokbokki, using Suzy’s own knowledge.

“Have you made this before ?”, she asked while her hands were busy putting in the hot pepper paste in the hot boiling water.

“I don’t know”

“What kind of answer is that ? I don’t know ?”

“I really didn’t know. I’ve forgotten”

“It must’ve been a long time since you made ddeokbokki, huh ?”

“I don’t know”

“Can’t you just answer with a “yes” or “no” ?”

“I don’t know”

“This guy…”

The both of us continued to make the ddeokbokki without even talking a word with each other. It reminds me the time when Kyungsoo came over to my home.

That’s right. When the three of us cooked together, it feels warm. Unlike the time when I used to cook alone by myself.

“Yum ! Hey, Chanyeol ! Try this !”

Suzy gave a spoonful of a yummy-looking ddeokbokki and fed it into my mouth. It was so yummy and it made me speechless. I felt the spicy red pepper paste and the chewy rice cake. It was sooo…. YUMMY.

“H-How ?”

“I don’t know”, Suzy replied, lifting her shoulders up like a foreigner, “Isn’t it yummy ?”

I nodded, “this is the best one !”

“Right ? Right ? Here ! Have some more ! My mood’s gotten better !”

Suzy handed me another spoonful of ddeokbokki, and fed it to me again. It was so yummy that I could die. I wish Kai could taste this tasty ddeokbokki. He would have had the same reactions like me, don’t you think so too ?

 

“Thanks for letting me use your kitchen”, Suzy said, when she was about to go home.

It was already nine o’clock. Time really flies fast when we didn’t even notice it.

“No, no,no. I should be the one thanking for the yummy ddeokbokki

“Yup, you really should. It’s yummy right ? I’ll make some again another time”

“Okay !”

“Don’t be too energetic at this late night. People might be bothered about it, you know”

“Oh, right. Sorry”

“And, here”

Suzy gave me a white plastic bag, which is I don’t know what it is. I looked at her, confused.

“It’s Kai’s share. I realized he hadn’t come to your home today, so I’m sure something was going on”

“Oh, that…”

“I don’t wish to talk about that topic. So make sure you’ll give this to Kai and make up with him”

“B-But-“

“You’ll be okay. Just trust yourself. Then, bye”

Suzy waved at me and then she went in to her home, which is right beside mine. I stood on the doorstep and waited until she has completely unseen again. Meaning, she has gone in to her home completely.

I went in to my home after that, and threw my body on the sofa. I hugged my white pillow while rolling my body, left and right.

I wondered what Kai was doing right now, and how Kai was feeling today. Is he feeling the same thing like me ? Worried about a friend ? Or maybe, missing a friend ? No. Kai wouldn’t feel like that.

I’m so glad that Suzy came today. If she didn’t maybe I would be lonely by myself, and wondering what am I going to do today ?

Such thing, really didn’t suit me.

I closed my eyes, and let out a deep sigh.

“I’ll go and give Kai the ddeokbokki tomorrow. Then, like what Suzy has said to me, I’ll make up with him”

This time, I’ll try to trust myself that I can do it, just like Suzy has said. I’ll just have to go to the game center again and met him. Then, I’ll be friends with him again.

 

And thus, the night goes by.