Day 4 : Jongin & Suzy

100 Days

Jongin & Suzy

Her smile was still lingering inside my head. It’s the first time I felt this way. I wondered why.

By the way, I finally found out the owner of the pink blanket which wrapped my both feet once. It’s a one hard search. It’s better to search something through the internet than having to search all the way from the park until the mini-market.

But still, even though I already found who the owner was, somewhere deep inside me hoped that I didn’t found out who the owner was sooner.

It’s weird.

The first time I felt this way and it’s weird.

But, I don’t have time to think about this matter now. I’ve got some things to do today.

Well, usually I’ll be waking up at 9 a.m. and brushed my teeth, then do my daily routines, which was taking a walk in the park, goes to the library and went home for lunch.

Today’s different.

It’s Thursday. And Thursday is when I’ll go to the game center and play some games with Jongin. Jongin. Jongin. My first friend.

Although it was just a simple meeting at the game center, but it was unexpected that he wanted to be my friend. It was totally unexpected.

So, today I decided that I’ll be going to the game center after finishes buying my groceries. I’m kinda somewhat felt like a housewife, although I’m a guy.

I opened the door and worn my usual white sneakers. My most comfortable sneakers.

I took a step outside and breathe the fresh air. It’s a nice weather today. The wind blows, the trees danced as the wind blows, and the birds chirping as I hums along.

My mood was really great today. And somehow, I can’t stop myself from grinning widely.

I went to the 24 hours mini-market that was located near my home. And as usual, the automatic door opened right in front of me.

It opens.

I went in to the mini-market, looking left and right.

I walked to the fruit and vegetables corner, looking for some fresh fruits and veggies. I took some red apples, spinach, carrots, potatoes and some other fruits.

It already made my basket full with bundles of veggies.

What should I buy next ?

Apparently, I seldom had snacks since I was suffering from this serious illness of mine. And I, never had chips.

When I walked straight towards the snacks counter, I bit my lips while seeing those delicious looking snacks.

Can I eat this kind of snacks someday ?

I gulped my saliva once again and decided to leave the snack corner, or my hands will take all the chips there.

I walked towards the cashier and paid for all of my groceries.

And the total amount was 8000 ₩.

I never thought I would spent this large amount of money.

Maybe it was because I haven’t bought my groceries for a long time.

“Ah ! Chanyeol-ssi !”

Who called my name just now ?

I glanced to where the voice was coming from. And when I saw the person, my eyes widened.

“Chanyeol­-ssi, right ?”

“Right. But, who are you again ?”, I asked, while trying to remember who was the girl that was standing right in front of me.

“I’m Suzy, Bae Suzy. Don’t you remember me ?”, she asked.

“Ah ! The pink blanket’s owner !”

“Don’t call me that way. I’m Suzy. You can just call me Suzy”

“Oh. Right”

I was about to call her “Suzy”. But the moment I looked at her straight into her eyes, I remembered her smiling face which made me captivated before. And, I realized my face has gone red.

I turned my back against her, trying to focus on my groceries. But, that didn’t happen.

She kept on looking at me with her smile and innocent face, which made my heart beats faster and faster every second she looked at me.

I felt embarrassed. For the first time.

After a while, I finished paying all of my groceries and somewhat decided to go home first. When I was about to walk away from the mini-market, I was stopped by this girl.

“Excuse me , Chanyeol-ssi. Do you need my help ?”, she asked.

“What help ?”, I asked.

“Your groceries. It looks heavy”

“Ah. No need. I’m a guy anyway”

“Really ?”

“Yeah”

“Oh, okay then. I’ll be going first, Chanyeol­-ssi

She walked in a faster pace than me, and I ended up following right behind her. I thought her way home was different from mine. But, my thought was different from what happened.

“I thought you said you didn’t need my help. But what’s this ?”, she asked as she turned back towards me.

“I’m not supposed to say this, but, your way home is the same as mine”, I replied.

“Ah… So that’s why you seems to keep following me”

“Don’t mistake me as your stalker”

“I’m not”

“You were, almost”

“I’m not”

“You were. Just admit it”

“Okay, fine. Just a bit ‘kay”

When she replied me that way, I thought she was not an innocent girl, but somehow, she was kinda… easy-going, just like Jongin.

Jongin.

I forgot.

My plan was to go to the game center after I finished my grocery shopping, but, I forgot.

I looked at my watch to make sure that noon hasn’t come yet. But, I was shocked the moment I blinked my eyes right in front of my eyes.

It’s already two o’clock in the afternoon !

Argh… Jongin must be waiting for me at this time.

I quickly ran inside to my home and throw all my groceries on top of the sofa. No time to worry about the groceries right now.

As soon as I threw the groceries, I quickly dashed outside towards the game center as fast as I could.

After thirty-minutes running from my home to the game center, I finally arrived in front of the game center where I first met with Jongin.

“I hope I’m not late”, I said to myself.

I was about to open the door when I noticed a familiar figure right beside me.

“Chanyeol-ssi ?”

“Suzy ?”, I asked.

“What are you doing here ?”, she asked back.

“I was about to meet my friend here”

“Your friend ? Here ? Wah… Even an old man still play at the game center”

“Excuse me ?”

“Nothing”

I’m sure I heard she said “old man”.

“Chanyeol ! Park Chanyeol !”

This time, another familiar voice called me. It’s a guy. I knew who he was the moment I heard his voice.

“Jongin-ah !”, I said.

“What are you doing ? Aren’t you going in ?”, he asked.

“I was about to-“

“Kai ?”

This time, she interfered again. I was about to lose my mind because of her and gone mad, but, I tried to calm myself down.

“Suzy ?”

Jongin seems to know Suzy, who was the pink blanket’s owner.

“You know her ?”, I asked.

“She was my friend when we were still in high school. You’ve changed a lot”, he said.

“I did ? I thought you were the one who got even tanned than before”, Suzy replied.

“Yea, right. Why don’t you just leave. You’re disturbing us”, Jongin replied faster.

“Okay fine. Then, see you next time, Park Chanyeol”, she said.

How did she now my full name ? She’s too weird for a girl.

“Let’s go inside”, Jongin said as he pushed my back and went in to the game center.

I was still confused by how that Suzy girl can guess my full name. Did she stalk me or did something like that ?

Weird girl.

By the way, I’ve been wondering about something. Who’s Kai ? I heard she mentioned it earlier when the two of them talked with each other. I’m confused.

“Jongin-ah”, I called him, “Who’s Kai ?”

“Oh. That’s me”, he said.

“You ? Aren’t you Jongin ?”

“I am. My stage name was Kai”

“Ah… I see”

“it’s cool right ?”

“Yeah”

Jongin continued to focus on playing his game, while I was still looking at his direction. And then, I was absorbed in the game for like 5 hours.

At the night, when I was about to go to sleep, something came into my mind.

I suddenly remembered about my serious illness. And my mind becomes blank as I stared at the ceiling with yellow colored paint.

A question came right into my mind.

Why am I here in this world ? I never knew.

But, this was still the beginning.

I am still on my way to find the answer myself.