Day 15 : A Friend From Across The Sea

100 Days

A Friend From Across The Sea

It’s an unusual and an unpleasant morning today.

Why ?

‘Cause it’s too noisy in the morning. And of course, it was the sound from Suzy’s house. Those clanging and banging, who will ever produce a sound like that if it’s not Suzy.

I went down from my room, still with my pajamas on, and my white bunny slippers. It’s too embarrassing to admit but, this is my favorite one. It’s totally comfortable.

I sat down in front of the TV while my hand was busy playing with the remote.

“I was too sleepy, seriously. I woke up too early today”, I said to myself as I yawned.

Right. It was still five in the morning. And I woke up unpleasantly today.

It was all because of that sound !!! That sound disturbed my dreamy-like sleep ! Ah geez. I really wanted to swear right now, but a good kid holds it in.

I watched the show played on the TV screen, not knowing what to do. And that sound, the clanging and banging and whatever is it, went through my right ear and went out from my left ear for times. That’s what kept bothering me.

I closed my ears with a white pillow and dunked my head in the couch.

Can someone just stop that sound ?! That’s what I wanted to scream. Still, it’s no use screaming in my own home. People might just think I’m a freak.

But, Suzy’s cooking, means there’s something special happening today. I didn’t know why I thought that but, it’s always like that.

Like the other day. Suzy’s cooking as the opening of my noisy day. There’s always something when she’s cooking. Always.

 

“Should we just go to her home ?”, Kai asked, bothered by the sound.

“We should”, I replied.

Kai visited me one hour ago, and now he’s sitting beside me, crunching his chocolate cookie and drinking his milk like a little kid.

Suddenly, a ringtone sound can be heard. It’s Kai’s “Growl” ringtone.

Kai took out his black smartphone out from his pocket. He answered the phone call, and somehow, his face expression has changed.

“Really ? Minyoung came back today ? Ah… So that’s why you’re so loud in the morning”, Kai said.

“Is it Suzy ?”, I asked with a small voice.

Kai replied with a nod. Then he continued his conversation.

“Right now ? The airport ? Seriously ?! Okay, okay, fine”

Kai quickly stood up, making me confused.

“Where are you going ?”, I asked.

“My friend is coming back from the States so I’m going to pick her up. Do you wanna come along ?”, Kai said, “Suzy’s coming too ~”

Kai gave me a smirk the moment he said Suzy’s name, and it somehow making me annoyed. Just a bit.

“Ah. Just come along already !”, Kai said loudly, “We’re gonna be late !”

Kai quickly drags me out from my home. And I almost forgot to wear my sneakers and my jacket. I’m going to be freezing if I forgot to wear those things.

I quickly went in again to my home and wear my sneakers and blue jacket in a faster speed than usual. And went out.

The both of us visited Suzy’s home first, since she said she was also coming along. Well, actually, it was me who was tagging with them.

“Kai ! Help me to bring those packed lunch !”, Suzy said as soon as she opened the door.

“Why the heck should I ?! She’s staying at your house right ? You can just give her those the moment she arrived here right ?” , Kai said.

“Oh you’re right. How can I not think about that ?”

“’Cause you’re an idiot”

“Shut up”

“Yeah, yeah. By the way, Chanyeol hyung’s gonna come with us. You’re fine with that right ?”

“Park Chanyeol ? Why ?”

“Just… Introducing the husband to the wife’s friend or something like that…?”

“Who’s the husband and wife you’re talking about ?”

“You two”

He glanced at me and gave Suzy an evil smirk. I really wanted to hit his dumb head right now. He could just control his brain first before saying something.

“What the heck. You stupid, dumb person who didn’t even know what you’re talking about”, Suzy said, giving Kai an annoyed expression, “Let’s just go”

The three of us called a taxi and got on. With our bare hand, we went to the Incheon airport together. Kai sat at the front, me and Suzy sat on the back. On the way, Suzy and Kai didn’t even say a word, and I can only play my finger, imagining if there’s a piano in front of me.

Kai took a glance at me for some times, and I pretended that I didn’t notice anything. I continued to play my imaginary piano, then fell helplessly asleep. It needs a long time to arrive at Incheon airport.

After a one hour thirty minutes trip by the taxi, we finally arrived at the airport.

Suzy reached out for her phone and dialed a number. I bet she’s trying to contact her friend.

“Min ? Where are you right now ?”, Suzy asked slowly, “Ah… Okay. Black boots and black hoodie. Roger”

She closed the phone call, and she leaned forward to the front seat.

“She’s somewhere near here”, Suzy said, as her eyes focused on searching the target.

“Wearing all black again ?”, Kai asked, “So what kind of fans that were chasing her this time ?”

“Dunno. Ask her yourself, won’t you ?”

Suzy looked on her right and her left as the taxi slowly drives forward. Then suddenly, Suzy jumped. Her head hits the top part of the taxi. It looks painful. But, it seems she didn’t even care about that.

Suzy opened the door and rushed off to somewhere. Confused, my eyes tried to follow where she was going to.

She ran towards an all-black costumed person and gave that person a back-hug.

“It’s Minyoung”, Kai said, turning his head towards me.

“Minyoung ? That person you said about earlier ?”

“Yup. Lee Minyoung. A childhood friend of ours. She was Suzy’s best-est friend”

“Best-est ?”

“Best-est”

“Oh”

I stopped talking after hearing the word best friend. I mean, best-est friend. It’s a word that doctor has said about before. And that’s what has been my problem until now.

“Kai ! Long time no see !”, a girl ran across towards our taxi with Suzy beside her.

Kai reached the back door’s handle and opened it for them. Suzy went straight in, while her “best-est” friend was still busy putting in her luggage into the back.

After a while, with the help of the driver, Suzy’s friend finished putting her luggage. It seems she was staying here for a long time that she brought so many things along with her.

“Sit here, Min”, Suzy said.

“I know. Even before you told me, I know”, Suzy’s friend who was called, Min or Minyoung or whatever it is replied her with a big grin on her face.

Suzy’s friend sat down (I’m sorry for using Suzy’s friend to describe her since I myself was not too close with her and never knew her before). She talked with Suzy for some times, then took a glance on me. I was too nervous that I kept avoiding her glance and looked outside at the scenery.

“And who is this ?”, she asked while pointing her finger towards me.

“He’s my neighbor, and Kai’s friend, Park Chanyeol”, Suzy replied.

“He’s handsome”

Handsome ? Am I ? Really ?

I was happy with the sudden compliment from Suzy’s friend. It seems as though for the first time ever, someone has complimented me “handsome”. Before, I will always be the one who complimented the others.

“T-Thanks”, I finally opened my frozen mouth.

“Oh. You’re welcome. By the way, I’m Lee Minyoung. And you ?”, she said, giving me a sweet smile.

“I’m Park Chanyeol. Nice to meet you”

“Let’s be friend”

She reached her hand out, and I reached mine out. The both of us shook our hands while we exchanged smiles with each other. It seems that this girl named Lee Minyoung was a kind and cheerful girl.

Ya. Chanyeol hyung has already gotten a girlfriend, I mean a wife. And she’s right beside you”, Kai said. A smirk blooms on his face.

This guy is totally…

“Seriously ?! Suzy ?! You’ve… ?!”, Min said loudly.

“Just ignore what that guy said”, Suzy said. Her palm was already folded into a fist, ready to hit Kai anytime.

“But, he’s a handsome guy. Why don’t you two just date ?”, Min said.

Min’s eyes sparkle while looking at me and Suzy at the same time.

“Date ? Are you crazy ? I’m still too young for that”, Suzy replied.

“She’s just lying”, Kai said.

“Shut up, Kai”

While the two of them were arguing with each other, a question pops up in my head. What is a date ?

I thought it was the thing on the calendar, that date, month and year. Is it right ? Or maybe I should just search on the internet, Wikipedia for example ?

I think I still have a lot to learn about. 

 

“Well, you’ll be staying here right ?”, Suzy asked when we arrived in front of her home.

“Yup. Thanks for having me”, Min replied back, “By the way, I heard Chanyeol is your neighbor ?”

“News sure spread fast, huh ?”, Kai said, smirking.

“And who do you think did that ?”, Suzy said, giving Kai a glare.

Kai lived his shoulder, pretending not to know anything.

“And so, help me bring this luggage, Kai-ssi”, Suzy said.

She took one of the bags and Min followed. Kai handed me the lightest one and he brought the two others left.

We put the bags at the guest room. And somehow, the bed can’t be seen anymore. It was covered with piles of bags that Min brought over.

“Thanks guys ! Here’s some token of my appreciation”, Min said.

She took out something from her pocket and handed it to me and Kai. It’s a candy, my favorite. But Kai was somehow, disappointed.

“What do you mean “token of appreciation” ? It’s just a candy !”, Kai said.

“Ah, geez. Can you just be a bit more like Chanyeol ? He receives everything with his heart ! Unlike you, Kai-ssi”, Min said.

“Fine, fine. Stop complaining, grandma”

“I’m not a grandma !”

“Your hair’s gonna turn all white at this rate”

Min hits Kai’s shoulder with her fist, and Kai whined in pain. Suzy stopped the both of them from fighting or else her house will break apart hearing their loud noises and punches everywhere.

“It’s late so why don’t you two go back home, and have some rest. ‘Cause tomorrow we’ll be going to the bazaar that was held around here”, Suzy said while her hands was busy with Min’s bags.

“Bazaar ? Is it really tomorrow ?”, Kai asked, “I heard a group will be performing tomorrow so I  was kinda interested in it”

 “Seriously ?! Is it INFINITE ? Or MBLAQ ? Ah… Maybe, SUPER JUNIOR ?”, Min said while smiling happily.

“That’s no way they would come right ? It’s just a small bazaar anyway. Why would a hallyu star like them come ?”

“You’re right. But, if they come, what would you do ?”

“Do you wanna bet ? You’ll lose all your savings”

“There’s no way that would happen. I’ll bet on it”

“Guys, can’t you stop arguing ? Chanyeol has been quiet for a while. Can’t we just let him talk ?”, Suzy opened . She seems like she can’t stand the situation anymore.

“You’re right. So, Chanyeol hyung, who is going to perform tomorrow ?”

They focused their attentions on me. I couldn’t answer the question ‘cause I was too nervous being seen by that many eyes. This never happens to me.

I muttered the answer slowly while looking down on the floor. My mouth froze for a while.

“He said INFINITE would definitely come”, Suzy suddenly answered.

“Seriously ? Hyung… Can’t you just agree with me ?”, Kai said, doing an aegyo.

“Okay, okay. You two, go back home and sleep. We’ll meet again tomorrow”, Suzy said.

Me and Kai went out from her home. While I walk in the short distance towards my home, my heart felt happier than before. I kept smiling even until I reached there.

I wondered why. Is it just because of Suzy ? Or is it because of the excitement for tomorrow ?

“Oh, right. I should search the internet about bazaar”

I sat up in front of my computer and search about bazaar. Some related topics came out. I searched through the whole night while humming some of my favorite songs.

Today, I gained one more friend.

The day has gone closer. I wish I’ll gain more.

 

85 days left. 

 

NOTES : 

I think the story is getting boring. I'm truly sorry if my story gets boring every time I updated it. I'm still thinking for the , and I predicted the will be in the thirteenth chapter more or less. 

I would like to ask a question. This will be a great help for 100 days. 

What kind of action should Suzy take when she realizes her feelings ?

Please comment the answer below. It will help me very well. Thank you for the readers ! ^^ Wait for the next chapter !