The Other Day : Fell In Love With A Crystal

100 Days

Fell In Love With A Crystal

 

Eh, yeah. The name’s Kim Jongin. Nickname’s Kai. Call me anything, except for names like aliens and animals. At least I recognize them as my name or nickname.

I’m 18, one year younger than Chanyeol hyung, same age as Suzy and Min. But I wondered why Suzy and Min talked to Chanyeol hyung without using banmal. I don’t mind Suzy, but Min did the same. Argh, I don’t care.

And well, for those 18 years of my life, I never once had a girlfriend. Not because I wasn’t even confessed once. In fact, I was the most popular guy in my high school and middle school. I always came first at those kind of charts. Confession ? I’ve heard of it hundreds. Yet never got tired of it.

But well, love, or whatever it is, I never care. At least myself was already cool, that’s all I gotta care about.

 

Oh well, that’s what was supposed to be. But, the truth, I might have gone far from that concept, after I met my enemy.

 

Jung Soojung, 18 Y.O. Single. Never once had a boyfriend. Cold personality. A bit annoying. Best friends : Amber Liu and Luna.

My one and only enemy.

From the start, I always thought she was annoying. With that long black hair and that cat like eyes. She always makes a hole in my head every time she stares at me.

And she can always keep her cool, not even once did she blush or get mad. She was always cool.

And that annoyed me. Anything that I did to her, never even one get a great reaction. She didn’t even get shocked when I surprised from behind.

Her cool always stick with her like glue.

 

“Don’t you even change your expression ?”

“Why did you care ?”, she asked back.

“I’m asking you”

“Well, I’m asking you back”

Don’t even think about arguing with her. Or she’ll just make a hole on your forehead using her cat like eyes.

 

“Why are you here ?”

“To work”, she replied.

Am I really that unlucky to have even work with her, in the same place ? And what’s worse, why are we even in the same section ?

Argh… My life’s ruined.

“Did you stalk me ?”, I tried asking her in the midst of the silence.

“Nope. I thought you were the one who did”, she replied, with her usual cold, heartless expression.

If only, just if only, she wasn’t a girl, my fist would’ve already flown and land on her face. Strike, man !

We didn’t talk much after that. I only stared at her for several times, shooting laser beams from my eyes.

I just hate her.

 

“Kai”, she called, “Help me with the boxes”

“Why the hell should I ?”

“’Cause it’s heavy”

She looked at me with her cat like eyes. Like those puss in boots eyes. It didn’t match with your annoying cool style ! Just stop it !

“Okay fine !”

I grabbed two boxes and bring them to the storage room. She followed me from behind.

“This box isn’t heavy at all”, I said, acting all cool.

“’Cause you’re a guy”, she replied.

“Yeah I am, so why ?”

“We have different strength”

“You’re right. I’m stronger than you when it comes to strength ! At least I have one win”

“Pfft… Such a child”

“What the- ?!”

She walked past me, with her long black hair that falls down from her shoulder. I’m sure, after this I’m just gonna hate black hair to death. Although mine’s black too.

 

One day, I was thinking about quitting my modelling job. Well, Krystal did too. We were both asked to be in an audition at the same day, and we agreed.

I practiced for one week. I barely get enough sleep.

Well at least, it’s all for the audition. I need to do well.

 

The D-Day.

I met Krystal at the waiting room. With her usual soulless yet cold glare, she looked at me. I glared at her back.

“Are you ready to compete with me ?”

“Of course”, she answered, relaxed.

“Why are you so full of confidence ?”

“’Cause if I lack confidence, I’ll do worse than you. I need to win right ? So I need to gain more confidence”

“You think you’ll win”

“Well… You’ll see”

She then left to check her costume.

Confidence ? I also need them to win.

 

After a while, we both got our number. She was 15 and I was 16. So I was exactly a number behind her.

“Jung Soojung”, they called, “Please come in”

She stood up. “Well, good luck to us”, she said. Then, she went in to the audition room, and the door was closed.

I never heard her sing before, or at least so. ‘Cause she always keep her cool, even in front of her best friends.

I wonder how she did inside. Did she do well ?

After a while, I was called in to wait for my turn. It seems that the judges have wanted her to sing again. So, I was forced to wait inside the audition room.

Noticing me at the corner of the room, she hesitated to sing. But then, she started to breath in, closed her eyes, and let her voice out.

 

Han gyejeol du gyejeol jina, 1nyeoni da dwaegado

Ichyeojijiga annneun geon

Neul jaejalgeorideon nal bomyeonseo saeeonaon ne useumsori

 

Geuraenni naneun mollasseo eonjena dapdaphae haetjanha

Neul ppyorotonghan neo gwiyeowotji

Gakkeumeun nado moreuge gwitgae ne moksori deullyeo

Gwireul magaboado soyongeomneun geol woo..

[When I was, When You were-Krystal & Chen]

 

I fell in love with her singing right at that moment. She can perfectly send her emotion to the audience. And she can express it with only using her voice and face.

It was perfect.

The judges applaud. They even did standing ovation, applauding her and complementing her that she did very, very well.

Soojung bowed to the judges and turned back. She looked at me with a proud look at her face. That time, Soojung was the one who shines the most amongst all the others contestant.

That’s my first time falling in love with someone while she was singing. I thought that I can feel her expression clearly. And I thought at that time, I was the one who knew her the most.

Well, or so it seems.

After she left the room, it’s time for my audition. The judges all stared at me. One of them gave a sign to begin. And thus, I started.

 

“How is it ?”, Soojung asked.

“Just so-so they said. But, I’ll definitely be chosen”

“You’re so confident”

“Of course”

I was a bit nervous when I saw her. Although I knew it’s just a chit chat between rivals. Hearing her singing changed it all.

“By the way, you’re applauded. Congrats”

“Thanks”, Soojung replied.

After a week passed, the audition result was out. Me and Soojung both got in into the agency. And the next day, we quitted the modelling agency. Almost half of the boys were whining over Soojung because she is going to leave. While the girls all wanted a free hug.

Can’t be helped, huh.

We said goodbye to our President, and told him that it was a great experience. He only nodded. When I turned back, the President turn back his chair. He looked out towards the window and sighed. He must be kinda lonely to know that two of his most popular model are quitting.

Well, it’s work.

 

“Oh. It’s Kai”, Soojung said, “where are you going ?”

“Practice room”

“I was about to go there too. Let’s go”

I heard her singing for countless number of times ever since we went in to this agency.

And each time, her voice still make me goes “wow”. I fell for her voice at the first. But, can rivals even fall for one another ?

A friend of mine said, “Yes”

Kyungsoo hyung said, “Of course”

And I said, “Totally”

‘Cause I’ve experienced it. And now, look, I’ve fallen for a crystal.