Day 21 : Jeju, Day Two

100 Days

Jeju, Day Two

“Oh ! We meet again ! What a coincidence is this !”, the “Lee Minhyuk” guy said.

I… Couldn’t believe my eyes for a moment. That guy appeared again right before my eyes. And he’s right in front of me, standing with his money on his right hand. And that smile ! It’s too bright !

“Why are you here ?”, Min asked strongly.

Okay. Before we continue this situation, let’s rewind three hours ago before we came here.

*REWINDING-PLEASE WAIT FOR A MOMENT*

 

Good morning sunshine !

I’m waking up because of the sunshine. Not because I was about to woke up, but because I was forced to woke up.

The curtain in my room was too thin, and it’s like transparent. So the sun light just burst in to my room, and shone at me who’s still sleeping so soundly.

That time, I felt like burning. I jumped out of my bed. And the sun was about to burn the white sheet of my bed.

Luckily, the sun didn’t burn me at all. I must be loved by the sun.

Oh right. Where am I again ? Jeju. That’s right. I’ve came here for a trip at Jeju-do. Along with Min and Suzy who have paid my plane ticket, and my dinner. And of course, my room. I’m terribly sorry that I forgot to bring my money along.

Today, Min has decided where we need to go. We’re going to Jeju national museum.

She told us to meet in front of the entrance door at 7 A.M. But look at the time. They haven’t come. And when I went up to their room, knocked on the door, there’s no sign of them waking up. No noise, quiet and peaceful. So unlike them.

I tried to knock once again. Then, the sound that I heard the moment I stopped knocking, was a bump, and someone grumbling. Either Suzy or Min must have fallen down from the bed.

“Who is it ? So early in the morning”

One from the two of them opened the door. A black hair popped out. I thought it was Sadako from “The Ring”. Guess what ? It’s the just-awake Suzy.

“Argh… Park Chanyeol”, she grumbled. She ruffled her messy hair and parted her bangs to the side.

Her face was all natural. No make-up. Even her lips was bright pink without lipsticks.

“Good morning”

“What morning ?”, she asked, seems a bit annoyed.

“Didn’t we promised to meet in front of the entrance at 7 A.M ?”

“Uh… Yeah, why ?”

“It’s already 7.30”

“Huh ?”

“It’s already 7.30”

Silence.

“Oh geez. Min ! Wake up ! We’re gonna be late !”

She closed the door with a bam. The next thing was…

BANG !! STOMP !! “MIN !!! WAKE UP !!!”

I touched my forehead and shook my head. As usual, Suzy’s daily routine.

I waited in front of their room for some times. Waiting for them to come out. I slide down against the wall. My legs were tired having to stand up all the time.

Just then, I felt something painful on my chest. Like it was stabbed by someone from behind.

I squeezed my clothes. Trying to hold the pain in. It was really painful.

My breathing felt heavier. I felt like I was about to faint. I stood up. Walked to my room, sliding my hand on the wall. It was hard to walk so I need at least a thing to support me. And, the wall it is.

I went in to my room and took a water bottle from the refrigerator. I quickly opens the lid and drank the water. It spills out many water ‘cause I was opening it too quickly. But, I don’t care. I need to do anything to held this pain in.

I drank and drank and drank.

After some sips of water, I ended up drinking three bottles of water. My stomach was full and the pain was gone.

The first thing that came up to my mind after that was, the illness must have gotten worst.

I tried to stand up, and I was fine. Then I tried to walk, and I was fine. I must have thought wrong, or it was just for a moment ?

Right now, I don’t need to worry about that thing. I’ll need to worry about the Jeju trip, and of course, Min and Suzy.

I went out from my room. Then my eyes saw Min and Suzy coming out from their room. Locking the door and went towards the lobby.

I followed them from behind, trying not to surprise the two of them.

I realized Suzy was wearing a perfume today since a flower scent was coming from her. And her outfit seems different. It’s kind of a new outfit. She must’ve bought a new one.

Cute.

Ah ! Why did I thought about things like that ? I must’ve been weird because of that illness.

Let’s just forget about that. Forget about that thing I’m talking about please. Okay, forgotten.

And so, I continued to follow them from behind. Then, Suzy realized me, and she almost fell down from the stair.

But my reflexes made me held her hand and pulled her. So she didn’t fell down. I’m glad.

Then Min bought the two of us and herself a snack. And we rode the bus which is going to Jeju National Museum.

 

That’s how we ended here, meeting this “Lee Minhyuk” guy.

At this moment, both Min and Suzy have gone frozen. I was the only one who’s conscious about the situation.

I looked towards Min, then Suzy, then the guy who is standing in front of me with his friends beside him.

“Why are you here ?”, Min asked strongly.

“We wanted to have some fun too of course”, Lee Minhyuk replied, “Why ? Can’t we be here ?”

“No. Well then”

Min grabbed Suzy’s hand. Suzy tightens it.

“Suzy, you’ve gotten a lot prettier than before”, he said.

Hearing that word, Suzy quickly gave him an angry glare.

“Who are you to say things like that ?”, Suzy said, giving him a smirk.

“Suzy, stop it”, Min whispered.

“Okay. I’ll stop. But if you hurt her feelings once again, I won’t forgive you. Let’s go Min”

Suzy dragged Min off to somewhere. With a fast speed, leaving me behind. I, who didn’t know what to do, quickly bid goodbye and left.

I was sure if they left me there alone, things will be much more awkward.

 

“Why did I always meet him every time I went to Jeju ?”, Min said, ruffling her neat hair, which is now messy.

“That’s why I told you not to go. You guys are somehow tied with the red string right ?”, Suzy said.

“That’s impossible. It’s not like I still have some feelings for him”

“Well, you do before, don’t you ?”

Min didn’t reply anything. She drank her water and wiped with the end of her sleeve.

“It’s the past. It’s better not to talk about it anyway”, Min said, “Let’s just enjoy our trip right now. ‘Cause what are we here for anyway ? Right ?”

Well, Min said that already. So we can just leave this matter for her own privacy.

Suzy and Min walked in front of me, and I followed them from behind. The both of them didn’t talk much on the way. Min only played with her phone while Suzy looked at those display.

Me ? Please don’t ask about me. I am having trouble with my existence right now. The both of them seem to not realize that I was here.

Am I even here ?

 

“Chanyeol”

Suzy called me from her seat.

We’re currently at the bus. After having some walk around the museum, we decided to go back. I mean, we decided to go somewhere to have our lunch. Since it was already 2 in the afternoon.

“Can I sit with you ?”, she whispered.

“Huh ?”

“I just better give Min some time alone. She’s thinking”

“Uh, okay”

So, that’s how, right now Suzy was sitting beside me. And this heart of mine won’t stop its beating sound.

Please just be quiet. Or else it would be embarrassing if Suzy hears it…

Tell me why it wouldn’t keep quiet. ‘Cause I didn’t know the reason.

After a while, I started to calm down. Min fell asleep. And as for Suzy, she fell asleep too.  Her phone fell down several times when she was asleep so I thought it was better if I kept it for a while.

I put Suzy’s smart phone in my pocket.

Just then, while I was busy fitting in the phone in my pocket, a soft thing fell on my shoulder.

I diverted my attention towards my shoulder. And a silky black hair was touching my shoulder.

I was surprised.

Suzy fell asleep. Right on my shoulder.

I stared at her, not knowing what to do. My calm heart started to beat again.

I wondered what to do. Should I move away or should I stay here ? What should I do right now, in this situation ?

I decided to move and find another empty seat. But the moment I wanted to get up, Suzy’s hand grabbed my sleeve and held it tightly.

At this rate, you thought I must have shoved her hand away. But I ended up fell asleep. In Suzy’s shoulder.

We slept like some little kids who were sleeping on the bus’ seat together. It totally looks like that for me.

Well, I didn’t know what happened when we’re asleep. Maybe some passengers just come in and out. I never cared anyway.

My mind was totally in peace.

 

“Chanyeol ! We’re here ! Wake up !”

I woke up from my nap. The first thing I see when I opened my eyes, was her. Suzy.

She was right in front of me at that moment. So, she came out to be the first thing I saw when I woke up from dreamland.

“Oh !”

“We’re here. The driver’s waiting for you”, Suzy said.

She took my hand and dragged me out from the bus. Suzy bowed down several times to the driver for having to wait for us. Even though I was the one in fault.

Forgive me ‘cause I was just not completely awake yet at that time. So, forgive me ?

The three of us went to the stall right beside the place we’re staying at. It’s the same place as yesterdays. Well, nothing’s wrong by eating at the same place as long as it was delicious.

So, Min and Suzy were eating right now, while I was busy choosing between the jajangmyun and the spicy noodle.

Those two were delicious. It makes you hungrier every second you stare at those two foods.

“Oh ! Isn’t that Suzy’s boyfriend ?”

A familiar voice came from behind. I sighed. Realizing that I now knew this voice very clearly.

It’s that guy, Lee Minhyuk.

This is kind of weird. Meeting him twice, even though we’re in a different location. Is Jeju really this small for people to be able to meet each other more than once ? Maybe it is.

“We meet again”, he said, “Where’s the other ?”

I didn’t know what I should answer.

“Well, we met again by coincidence don’t we, Minhyuk-ssi”, Suzy said.

“Suzy ! Why are you calling me Mr. ?”, Lee Minhyuk said.

“Oh. ‘Cause we haven’t seen each other for a long time. And by the way, don’t bother him. If you want to ask, you better ask someone you know. Not a person you just met”

“Sorry. Well I thought he was your boyfriend, so I just wanted to be a bit friendly”

“Sure, sure. Are you having lunch ?”

“Yeah. This is the best place to eat at Jeju”

Suzy replied him with a nod.

“Where’s Min ?”

“Min ? Why ?”

“I just wanted to say something”

That guy scratched his nape. His ears were red. He was slightly a bit embarrassed, and anxious for some reason.

Suzy lets out a sigh, and pointed towards where Min was sitting at.

Lee Minhyuk bowed down and ran pass the both of us.

“But, Suzy-“

“Let’s leave them some time alone”, she said, smiling.

“Uh… Sure”

Suzy went back to her room, while I went back to my room. The both of us didn’t know what happened to Min that time. I can only hope for the best.

Even though night time hasn’t come, I can call it the end of the day. Since I don’t have anything to do anymore.

I took a nap at exactly 5 P.M., and ended up sleeping without having dinner.

Maybe Suzy and Min have knocked several times on my door, but I just let it pass away with my deep sleep.

The second day at Jeju ended with me sleeping.

 

 

 

NOTES :

I'm sorry for the long update TT_TT. 

I'll be having mid-term test starting Monday, so there are just so much thing I need to learn. I'm really sorry for the late update and thank you for the comments. I'll try to update more after finishing the Mid-Term test. 

And to everyone who will fight for the test, I wish you good luck ! Let's do our best ! 

FIGHTING !!!!