Day 22 : Final Day at Jeju and Going Home

100 Days

The last day at Jeju.

 

Yesterday was none other than one of the mysterious day for me. What happened after half-way yesterday which I never knew the story about. Right now, my morning was filled with curiosity as to what happened yesterday.

It’s the last day at Jeju. We’ve been staying here for 2 night and 3 days. And I just realized today that I’ll be going to bid goodbye to Jeju today.

Time flies so fast.

 

“We’re going back to Seoul at 2 A.M. Make sure to check all your belongings right now. We’re checking out”, Min said.

We’re at the lobby right now. It was so quiet and peaceful early in the morning, so we decided to check out right now. And then, rent a car and went to the airport. It’s all scheduled by Min.

“Where are we going to rent a car, Min ?”, Suzy asked.

“I don’t know. I’m trying to figure it out right now”, Min replied, “And Chanyeol, did you bring any small money with you ?”

“Let me check”

I checked my pocket for some small changes. I got some small coins and gave it to Min.

“Thanks. Here, Mister”, she said.

After a while, Min finished paying. She walked towards Suzy and gave Suzy her pink wallet she borrowed earlier.

“Sorry. I forgot to bring my credit card along”, Min said.

“It’s okay. It’s just some payment anyway”, Suzy replied, “Let’s search for the car rental”

“You’re searching for a car ?”

A familiar sound came behind Suzy. I knew this guy.

Do you remember him ? Lee Minhyuk.

“I have a car. Why don’t you just come along with me ?”, he said, showing his black car key.

“How ‘bout your friends ?”, Suzy said.

“They’re hanging out with the others. I’m left alone ‘cause I was too lazy to see them”

“Oh. So… Min ?”

Suzy looked at Min at her eyes. And Min averted her gaze towards Minhyuk. Her face became red at that moment.

“Can we ?”, Min asked.

“Sure, c’mon !”

Lee Minhyuk grabbed Min’s shoulder and drags her off. He gave us a sign to follow him. So, Suzy and I have no choice but to follow this “still-a-stranger” guy.

We went inside the car. Min sat at the front, while me and Suzy sat at the back.

On the way, no one talks about something. Min was totally nervous that her cold sweat drips for several times. Suzy fell asleep. She hits her head with the window for five times. It must hurt. Lee Minhyuk focused on his drive. And me, I’m doing nothing.

I was just looking at Suzy for some reason. That’s all I did.

Well, because the way to the airport is taking a long time, I fell asleep like Suzy. And what’s worse, I hit the window the same times as Suzy. I think we both are going to be an idiot by the time we arrived at Seoul.

The window is no joke.

 

“We’ll be leaving”, Min said, “Thanks for the ride by the way”

“Sure, anytime”, Lee Minhyuk answered.

“Let’s go”

Lee Minhyuk helped me take out the luggage from the car’s back. He then smiled and walked towards the car again.

“Min !!”, he shouted suddenly, “Let’s meet again !!!”

I looked at Min. Her face was red because of her blushing pink cheeks.

Something must’ve happened between them. Min must be happy right now.

“Something’s between the both of them right ?”, Suzy asked, grabbing my hand tightly.

I gave her a nod.

“She didn’t tell me !”

Suzy shook my hand hardly. Then she ran towards Min. She hugged Min from behind, forcing her to say something.

 

“Our plane seats are different. So you two”, Min said, pointing towards me and Suzy, “can sit together”

“Eh ?”

“I wanted to be alone for a while”

“Sure, sure. No prob. Well, actually, I also kinda wanted to sit with him too”, Suzy said.

Huh ? Huh ? What did Suzy say just now ? Is she…?

“Thanks. And have a sweet chit chat, you two”, Min said, “Wait. I’m going to the restroom”

She ran towards the restroom after throwing her sports back at the seat we’re sitting on. Suzy turned off her phone.

And then, we both looked front.

“Did you enjoy the trip ?”, Suzy asked suddenly.

I turned my head towards Suzy. And she turns hers at me.

Our eyes met in the middle.

“Uh, yeah ! It was fun !”, I said, while turning my head into its original position.

Suzy didn’t budge. She keeps staring at me, and smiled. I glanced at her for some times, but her eyes didn’t move.

“Let’s go with Kai another time”, she said, after finally turning her head back.

“O-oh. Sure”

Just now, my heart stopped when meeting her eyes. And when she stares at me, it feels like my nervousness increased into its maximum stage.

Just what is this ? Is this some kind of disease ? Why does it always happens every time we met our eyes ?

My head is spinning around with questions everywhere.

 

“Thanks for waiting ! Let’s go !”, Min said.

Min took her sports bag. Along with Suzy and me, we three went to board the white colored plane.

Min sat in front of us, while me and Suzy sat behind her. Only the two of us were sitting there. The other one leftover seat was empty. So, we somehow and for some reasons looked like a couple sitting without the other one passenger.

It’s weird, if I think about it for some times.

 

After a while, the plane took off.

Suzy fell asleep with her blanket. Her pink blanket. With the “BSJ” initials in the same original place. She must like this blanket very much.

My hand suddenly moved. And her head, and her silky black hair. Then her soft-skinned face. Everything about her just seems to be beautiful.

Suddenly, my body realized what my hand was doing. I quickly took my hand away. Locked my gaze to the front, with my still red face.

Just what did I do ?

I glanced at her, trying to get rid the image of Suzy with those sparkling stars and such.

I knocked my head to the back of the seat in front of mine. Sorry for the person in front of me. I was just trying.

I glanced at her once more. She was mumbling something. Her face frowned. Seems like a bad dream.

I sighed. My shoulder moved towards her. Giving a place for her to rest her head.

She didn’t frown anymore. She smiled.

Well, for now, I might not be able to get rid of those sparkling image about her. I wondered what happened to me these days. And fell asleep…