Day 10 : Hospital, Once Again

100 Days

Hospital, Once Again

Today’s no different than my other days. Waking up with a greeting from the sun, and this time it’s not in the TV, but the window. And then, sitting on my bed, still in dreamland, while waiting until it was exactly 9 a.m. And then do my “grandfather” stretching.

The clock strikes nine, and my alarm rang.

I ran down to outside, and quickly start my “grandfather” exercise.

I was about to start stretching but then this coughing problem from last night came again and bothered me. And this time too, it hurts.

I clenched my hand to help me endure the pain. But, it kept hurting me every time I coughed. It really hurts me so much.

*COUGH**COUGH**COUGH*

I decided to go in to my home and not to do the stretching just because of my coughing problem.

I dragged my feet to the cupboard and took a glass out. Then, I dragged them again to the water dispenser.

When I was about to walk again, my vision became blurry. It’s like my eyes were about to be blind. And my body lost its energy, and I have breathing problem.

I didn’t know what has happened to me. I thought it was just a slight fever. But it came out worse than that.

And then, suddenly

I realized I have already ended up in “the no-energy-left” situation and was lying on the floor, helpless.

Has my temperature risen up ? No.

Did I have a fever ? No.

The only think I knew about what happened to me, is that I fainted, without any particular reason to this. And my eyelids have gotten heavier, and heavier until it completely closes both of my eyes. And I was unconscious.

 

Hyung !!! Are you okay ?”

Kai.

“Can you hear me ?!”

It’s Kai.

Hyung !!!

It’s really Kai.

Kai’s face appeared right in front of me the moment I regained consciousness. And somehow I was glad that he was there.

Hyung, are you okay ?”, Kai asked as I tried to sit up, “Don’t wake up. The doctor told me that you must rest completely”

My mouth can’t budge a bit when he told me that, like it was tied with some kind of rope or something. So, I only replied him with a light nod.

With the situation now, it seems that I have made someone bothered by me again.

“I-I’m sorry, Kai”, I said, trying to move my mouth.

“You don’t need to be sorry. It’s not your fault. And I don’t think I’m bothered by it”

“T-Thank you”

“But, hyung. How can you faint so suddenly like that ? When you’re still 100% healthy yesterday. Do you have some kind of illness or what ?”

My eyes widened the moment I heard the word “illness” came out from his mouth.

I remembered the doctor’s word about my illness. That I can faint anytime, and to only tell about my illness to my “best friend” whom I don’t have right now.

So, I decided to reply Kai with a smile and shook my head.

I’m lying. I’m lying.

I knew this was the worst mistake I’ve made, but, I won’t tell my secret unless telling it to my best friend.

“Are you sure hyung ?”, Kai asked.

I replied with a nod again.

“Okay. I’ll trust you, but if you lie to me, I’ll slap your right and left cheek”

“Deal !”

Hyung, I’ll stay here for the night. So if there’s something wrong, just tell me. And I won’t be bothered even a bit”

“Then, I’ll tell you to do everything, ‘cause I’m tired”

“I’ll slap you”

“Just kidding”

Kai spent the whole night in the hospital, taking care of me. He even slept later after I fell asleep. And he woke up every three hours just to check my condition.

How did I know ? ‘Cause I did the same.

I knew for sure, Kai wouldn’t lie like me. He’s a 100% trusted person. And I’m sure he won’t lie like me.

When Kai was already fast asleep, I turned my face and faced up to the ceiling. I closed my eyes slowly, and counted my days that I have left. Thinking back what has happened to me for 9 days and now.

I smiled lightly, and whispered slowly, “It’s hospital, once again”

 

“Is his condition okay ?”

“It’s fine after resting for some days here. But, he was about to die the moment he faint. If only his friend didn’t save him, and called the ambulance, he might already die”

“He’s lucky”

“He is. When he had this kind of scary illness”

“Well, let’s get some rest too shall we ?”

“Yeah”

The doctor left the room, tip-toeing and closed the door slowly, not to create any fuss.

I hoped that Kai wouldn’t hear about this or he’ll worry more and more and won’t believe in me anymore.

But, Kai won’t hear it right ? Since it hasn’t been three hours.

But, it was just a guess.

 

“Chanyeol hyung had an illness ? But why... did I never knew about it ?”

------------