Day 1 : The Blanket

100 Days

The Blanket

 

What is life ? I don’t know. Why am I born ? I never knew the reasons

 

“How is your condition ?”, the doctor asked.

“I’m fine”, I replied.

“You know your illness can’t be healed right ? Even though if it can be healed, it was only 1% chance”

“I know”

“That’s why you need to choose, whether to wait or to undergo surgery right now”

“I’ll wait. I don’t want to leave this world earlier”

“Okay. But you only have 100 days. Make sure you take care of your body well”

“Yes, doctor. Thank you”

 

My name is Park Chanyeol, a college student, 19 years old, single. It’s a profile right so I should include the single(?) part, so that people won’t misunderstood me having a girlfriend.

And, like what you had seen before (the part I was talking with the doctor), I have a serious illness since I was small, and I can’t live as long as my other friends.

I was hopeless, right ? Right, I am.

Well, it can’t be helped. I can only wait for the time to come and fetch me.

Today, I didn’t know why, but my feet has dragged me to the park. It’s alive. My feet’s alive.

My feet arrived at the park, as well as my body and soul. Such an idiotic sentence, but I kinda like it.

The park was so quiet. Only the voice of the trees that sings their song, and the birds chirping loudly. It was peaceful, decorated with the greenery everywhere.

I took a step and another step and another one while looking up above at the sky. Am I going to reach there someday ?

I took a walk around the park for two hours. Didn’t know that even this kind of walk took two hours.

I became a bit fresher than the me before since I was breathing oxygen for two hours. The park’s greenery effect is amazing. What’s the side effect ? It made my feet lost its energy after walking for two hours.

I sat down on the nearest bench that I saw.

Thinking.

What am I thinking again ?

Oh, right. The sky.

The sky was too pretty for even my eyes to see. It was like Heaven, the blue path to Heaven. Am I going to cross the sky bridge some day ?

I kept thinking, thinking, and thinking. Until I fell asleep on the hard wooden bench that I sat on. I hoped I didn’t snore a bit ‘cause it’ll be embarrassing if someone saw me in this kind of situation.

I slept for a long time and didn’t budge a bit.

 

My eyes opened a bit and my hands wriggled. I sat on the bench, still in dreamland. I blinked my eyes for six or seven times. I rubbed my eyes so that I’m completely awake.

And now, I’m completely awake.

I was about to stood up when I saw a pink blanket or maybe some kind of a towel wrapping both of my feet. I was confused ‘cause when I fell asleep, I’m sure I didn’t use any blankets and I didn’t like pink very much. It’s weird if I was wrapped up in pink blanket.

Who’s blanket is this ?

I searched through the blanket to see some sign of the owner, like what a detective did.

Then I suddenly saw something on the corner of the small pink blanket.

BSJ

I was hoping for a name to be seen, but, only an initial that I saw. And what’s this BSJ ? Is this some kind of a company name ? It’s not like the company has feet under it and walked to the park and put a blanket on top of me. Childish. I know.

I was thinking about the possible name for this initial, but I can’t think of anything that matches this initial. Such a unique name.

So I decided to fold the blanket and take it home, since I didn’t know the owner.

A pink blanket.

It was the sign of the beginning of my new day.