Day 20 : Jeju, Is An Island

100 Days

Jeju, Is An Island

Jeju-do !!!

Jeju-do !!!

Jeju-do !!!

My mind kept shouting the same thing since earlier. It’s Jeju-do !!!!

I’ll jump around this island once before going around.

“Chanyeol ! Help me please !”

Ah… My dream’s ruined because of her shouting.

That’s right. I didn’t come alone today. I come with the two best friends, Min and Suzy. The two of them were still looking for some places to go to. While I was, doing nothing. Nothing at all~

Then, after Suzy called me, I finally had something to do. So I ran towards her.

“Why ?”

“Luggage. Help me. Min’s still busy buying the ticket. So, I was the only one to bring the luggage”, she said. While she was busy handing me all sorts of luggage.

“What are you guys bringing anyway ?”, I asked.

“Oh… Anything we need”

“You mean everything”

“Right, right. Everything”

“But isn’t it too many ?”

Eiii… What do you mean ? This is still not enough”

“Huh ?! But we’re just staying for 2 nights and 3 days. It’s just for a while right ?”

“But this is at least the minimum luggage a girl would bring”

“Oh…”

The minimum ? Ah, really ? To me this is just the maximum.

Bringing the luggage kind of make me felt like a servant. With three in the right hand, and other three in the left hand. An identical servant image.

“Is it heavy ?”, Suzy asked.

“Very”

“Let’s just look for the bellboy”

“Huh ? B-Bellboy ? What’s that ?”

“Just see it when you met him”

Me and Suzy started the journey to find the “bellboy”, which I never heard of before.

“What’s a bellboy ?”, I asked Suzy again.

“That”, she said. And pointed towards a person, looks like a soldier. With brown hat, brown suited, and a perfect standing posture. “That’s a bellboy”

“I thought it was a living bell”

“It’s just a fantasy. That’s the reality”

“My first time seeing him”

“Oh… So that’s why you kept thinking of a living bell”

The both of us went towards the bellboy. With many luggage in both of our hands.

When we’re like about 2 meters apart, the bellboy quickly ran towards us and gave us a hand. We both handed the luggage. Then, we followed him from behind.

Just then, when we’re on our way back, Min came towards us, running like the wind.

“Guys ! I forgot to tell you that we’re not staying at the hotel !”, Min said loudly.

“HUH ?! Why didn’t you told us so ?!”, Suzy shouted. She ran away towards the bellboy who is standing in front of the receptionist. She talked with him for a moment. Told me to come there and help to bring the luggage. AGAIN.

I ran towards her, while Min was still busy with her phone. And came back, bringing the luggage in both of my hand.

FRUSTATED. . . .

“Thanks”, Suzy said.

“You’re welcome. By the way, where are we going now ?”

“I tried to contact some of my acquaintance. One of them said they have two that’s not booked yet. And said that we can get a discount if we stayed there”, Min said.

Daebak. We’re totally lucky this time”, Suzy replied.

“Let’s board the bus first and enjoy Jeju’s scenery !”

The three of us ran towards the bus stop. Waited for fifteen minutes. Then boarded the big bus.

Min and Suzy sat together at the right, while I sat at the left on a seat for one person. The bus tour took a while for us to arrive at the place we’re going to stay.

On the way, Min and Suzy talked a lot. I took a nap. And when I woke up, the both of them were sleeping in each other’s shoulder. Cutely.

 10 minutes later, the both of them woke up. Min swayed a little, so her head hits the window when she woke up. Suzy almost fell down from her chair because of the big bump on the road. And me… I only laughed, and got scolded because of laughing.

 

A bit later...

“We’ll use this room. And Chanyeol, you can use the room beside the two rooms in the left”, Suzy said, pointing a room at the corner.

“Okay”

I carried my black backpack to my room. And Min suddenly shouted, “We’ll meet again after taking a rest ! 5 P.M in front of the entrance door !”

I gave her an “OK” hand sign, then went in to my room.

My room was spacious. With the blue colored wall, and a fruit painting hanged on the wall. One big bed, and a white clean bathroom. Not even a slight difference from my own home.

I threw my backpack on the bed, and then threw myself. My eyes closed 30 seconds after I lied myself on the bed.

This feels like heaven.

And, I went to sleep. For the second time today.

 

 

Jeju-do, 4:30 P.M.

It’s 30 minutes before our meeting time, but I came a bit earlier. Right now, I was looking at my watch, counting times, seconds and minutes.

Just then, Min came by, running outside. And ended her run with a loud stomping sound.

“Has a driver came by ?”, she asked.

“Driver ? No. Why ?”

“I rented one before. Ah… He must forgotten about it ! Now how could we eat dinner if he’s not coming ?”

“Oh… But, where’s Suzy ?”

“Sleeping. She’s been staying up all night yesterday, so she didn’t get any rest at all”

“Oh… Okay”

“But… You’re only asking about her….”

“Huh ?”

“Nothing. I’m just mumbling. By the way, why are you here so early ?”

“I have nothing to do in my room, so I was bored”

“But here… You’ll end up tiring your feet. Why don’t you just grab some snacks ?”

“Snacks ?”

“Here, I brought some”

She gave me a red small rectangular box, with chocolate biscuits picture on it. I held the chocolate biscuits’ box. I was about to eat it as my dinner, but my tummy rumbles even before I had dinner. I realized that I hadn’t eaten any lunch yet.

And, right now, I was eating the thin cylinder-shaped biscuit. Which weirdly, called “Pepero”. With choco taste~

I bit the chocolate biscuit, the part that got the most chocolates on it.

“Why are you eating like it’s your first time eating it ?”, Min said suddenly, while she rested her head on her palm.

“’Cause it’s yummy”

“Why are you so cute ?”

“Hm ?”

“Why are you so cute ? I just can’t seem to find any answer”

“’Cause… I was… born with it ?”

“Yeah right, you do”

Min pinched my cheek. She grinned widely, while her fingers were pinching my cheek. It feels like it’s being twisted right now.

I continued to bit my chocolate biscuits. Just then, when I was about to call Min to ask about Suzy…

“Oh ? Minyoung ? Is that you Minyoung ?”

Min saw that guy. And suddenly dropped her phone which she was holding since earlier. I looked at her, then looked at the guy who she was looking at.

A guy stood behind me, wearing a jeans and a casual grey-colored T-shirt. Straight brown hair, and a handsome face.

I stared at him in confusion. I didn’t remember seeing him anywhere, and I never knew him.

I continue to stare at him, trying to figure out who he is. Just then, his eyes caught my stare. I jumped, and turned my back against him.

“Oh ? You’re here with your boyfriend ? Sorry for intruding”, the guy said.

“U-uh…”

Min looked down. She mumbled something. Her face expression wasn’t so good. It’s pale white, like she was found out doing something guilty.

That guy stepped forward. He patted my shoulder so suddenly. I chilled. 

“Nice to meet you, Min’s boyfriend. I’m Min’s middle school friend. Lee Minhyuk’s the name”, he said.

He reached his hand out from his pocket. Trying to make me shook hands with him.

I looked at Min again. She was dripping with cold sweats. Her nervous expression, her trembling hands, signing that she wanted to be left alone. I didn’t know what to do, and remain seated, praying for help.

Even though I knew this was just a small problem, I still need some help. ‘Cause I was just a stranger who is being accused as someone’s boyfriend.

“Um ? Min’s boyfriend ?”, that guy said again. This time, he’s saying right beside my ear.

“S-Sorry, I-“

“Sorry. He’s not Min’s. He’s mine”

Someone grabbed my hand the moment I was about to answer that guy. I looked at the traces of that person, who grabbed me. And… I was saved. By Suzy.

Thank God she came.

“Huh ?”, that guy mumbled in confusion.

“Let me clarify it again. He’s… My boyfriend, Lee Minhyuk-ssi”, Suzy said.

She held my hand tightly. Her eyes gave that guy a cold glare. While was trying to smile. Hardly.

“Suzy’s here too ?”, that guy named Lee Minhyuk said, “What a coincidence”

Suzy turned her head towards Min. Pretending not to hear anything what that guy said, she cut his sentence, saying, “What are you doing here ?”

“I’m on a trip with some of my friend. You still remember them right. That Ilhoon, Sungjae and Hyunsik”, that guy replied.

“Oh. Then, enjoy your time here. We’ll be leaving first. Come on”

Suzy grabbed Min’s hand and pulled the two of us at the same time. She brought us to the bus stop, and waited for the bus to come and fetch us.

Suzy walked away. She released my hand which she held so tightly earlier, and went towards Min. She patted Min’s back softly. Listened to her talking. And nodded each time Min finished talking two or three sentences.

“It’s okay. I’m sure he didn’t mean to”

I looked the both of them from afar. Like a lonely person who’s been alone for all his life. And right now, he’s looking at the two best friends, consulting with each other.

Just then, the bus came. It opened the door. Waiting for someone to come in. But, Suzy and Min didn’t budge a bit. I guessed, this must not be the bus they’re waiting for. Since there are hundreds of buses which passed this bus stop every minute and hours.

The buses passed for 30 minutes. I waited and waited for the both of them to climb up. But, they just didn’t move. Even a slightest move was not seen.

You must be asking me why I didn’t just go in to that bus, then called the both of them. ‘Cause this is my first time here. And of course, I didn’t want to be lost. Or else I’ll cry like a kid who’s searching for its missing teddy bear.

With a “so sudden” move, Suzy dashes towards me, and pinched my cheek.

“Why didn’t you tell me ?!?!?!”, Suzy shouted.

“Huh ? What ?”

Did she wanted me to tell her about my worries right now ? Or what ? No, no. That’s just not gonna happen. But, if she’s just curious then, okay.

“I-I’m sorry, I was-“

“We missed the bus !!!”

Eh ?

Eh ?

Oh. I misunderstood.

“I’m sorry !!! I didn’t know”

“It’s okay. It’s your first time here anyway. I’m sure he’s worried if he’ll be lost”, Min said, grabbing Suzy’s arm, which is about to fly and land to my face anytime.

“Let’s just eat dinner at that stall. It’s cheap and saves a lot of money right ?”, Suzy said, and sighed.

“Sure. I’ll have some ddeokbokki”, Min said.

“Me too ! Me too !”

“Don’t shout ! You’re attracting too much attention !”, Suzy said loudly, giving me a death glare.

And so… the three of us didn’t ate at the restaurant we’re planning to in the beginning. We ate at the small stall which sells a lot of yummy food. And that night, Suzy told herself that maybe she just gained 5kg because of the over-eating.

Can you really gain that much weight after eating so many foods ? I never knew, since I always ate what I want. And I didn’t weight my body for a long time. How much is my weight right now ? Like I cared. Let’s just enjoy all the foods in the world. ‘Cause my happiness is my food.

Hehehe…

And so, today, I learned…

First, Jeju is an island.

Second, someone named Lee Minhyuk is Min’s middle school friend.

Third, I’m scolded.

Fourth, scolded again.

I just learnt too many scolding for today. Which was never needed in my life.

 

So, the first night at Jeju passed with dreams of me being scolded by Suzy.