Day 19 : Making Up With A Friend Isn't As Easy As I Thought

100 Days

Making Up With A Friend Isn’t As Easy As I Thought

 

It’s 5 A.M. in the morning.

My eyes were still closed.

6 A.M.

My eyes were still closed.

7 A.M.

My eyes were still closed, but somehow, I started sweating cold sweat.

8 A.M.

I started to sweat more, and I jumped out from bed.

“It’s today”, I said, holding my bloated looking face.

I’m going to make up with Kai today. After some things happened two days ago, I felt like I should just told him the truth.

But, just what should I say to him ?

I never had any friends before, and I never knew how to handle this kind of problem.

“Do I need to ask Suzy ? Or not ?”

I kept feeling nervous and sweats a lot. I never knew making up with a friend is this hard. It’s far beyond my imagination.

What should I do ?

I walked in a circle around the sofa, posing like a thinker. While not knowing what to do, another question pops up in my head.

Do I need to ask Suzy ?

 

 

“And what brings you here ?”, Suzy asked the moment she opened the door. I think she was just awake. Her hair was a mess, and when she ruffled it, her hair ended up like a lion’s fur.

I stared at her from top to bottom. Suzy used to be a fashionista every time she went out from her home. But I guess, she just woke up right now.

“I know, I know. I just woke up. And, don’t laugh. This is at least how every girls look like after they woke up, before they wash up”, she said.

“Ah… So that’s why. But, where’s Min ? Isn’t she staying here ?”

“Min ? She’s still sleeping”

“Yesterday ?”

“She went shopping with Fei and Jia, my other friends. And tomorrow, we’re going to Jeju”

“J-Jeju ? What is that ? A mall ?”

“It’s an island. A nice one. Wait, don’t tell me you’ve never been there before ?!”

“Never”

“This guy… Really. Whatever. So what are you doing here ?”

“Um… Help me”

“Help you what ?”

“K-Kai…”

“Oh… Did you want to be friend with him again ?”

I nodded.

“I see… Okay, wait”

 

1 hour later.

Suzy came out from her home wearing a pink polka-dotted Lolita dress with white knitted vest. Her hair was curled a bit, and she was also wearing some make-up.

Girls do live with their make-up don’t they ?

“You know, yesterday Kai sent me a KaTalk(*Kakao Talk) message”, Suzy said suddenly.

“Huh ? What did he say ?”

“He told me to help you buy yourself a cellphone. Don’t you have one ?”

“Cellphone ? The one like yours ? That pink one ?”

“Uh-huh. You should buy one sometimes”

“Why must I ?”

“To communicate with other people, of course”

“Communicate ?”

“Don’t tell me, you didn’t know what communicate means ?!”

“I know ! I know ! I’m not an idiot !”

“Not an idiot ? Then who’s the one who didn’t know about Jeju ?”

“M-Me…”

Suzy gave me a smirk. Sometimes, even a guy had the grudges to hit a girl, for being overly confident. Don’t take it to heart, I’m just joking. Hehehe….

“Eh, but, do you know where Kai is ?”, Suzy asked again.

“No, I don’t”

Suzy didn’t reply for a while. I looked at her, and saw those black clouds with storms behind her.

Oops. I better run away first…

I started to walk slowly , and slowly, then I faster my pace, so that I wouldn’t get into trouble.

“Hey, you”, Suzy said, grabbing my shoulder.

With her lion-like voice, she forced me to turn back and face her. Ah…. What the heck should I do ?

“You told me to help you, but you didn’t even know where he is ?!”, Suzy said.

“Nope”

I gave a smile to Suzy, a bright one. She hits my head and said, “Geez”

“I’m sorry”

“It’s okay. Ah, where do you usually play with him ?”

“Umm… The Game Center ?”

“Okay. Let’s go to the game center”

“Why the game center ?”

“Are you an idiot ?”

“Nope”

“You are”

Me and Suzy continued to walk side by side. Kicking the small pebble along with the dust. As our feet slide through the hard-skinned street, the both of us laughs and nags at each other. Going towards the game center.

 

“Kai where are you ?”, Suzy asked Kai through her phone.

We were standing in front of the game center, and I was leaning my back against the white brick wall. I looked at those people passing by. The one wearing suits, the one wearing the school uniform, and since it’s summer, the one who wears a summer dress.

“Oh. Their fashion sense have gotten better”

“I think theirs are better than yours”, Suzy said, giggling.

“Is that so ?”

“Whatever. Kai’s inside. Go in, I’ll be waiting outside”

“Oh, kay”

I went in to the computer filled room with a white plastic bag in my hand. In those dark, but lighted with computer everywhere, I tried to find Kai.

Kai’s black hair made it even harder to find. It’s like, he was a shadow.

I used my own instinct to find Kai. Surely, I’ll find him, for sure.

I walked towards the second row, looked at my left and my right. But, there was no sign of Kai.

Just then, someone appeared behind me and said, “Hyung, it’s you right ?”

I turned back. Kai was standing behind me with a smile on his face.

“Kai ! How are you ?”

“Fine. So hyung, what are you doing here ?”

“Ah. Here, ddeokbokki

I gave him his share of ddeokbokki.

“Oh, thanks”

“And, Kai. Um… Let’s be friends again”

I reached out my hand, for a handshake. But Kai just stared at me. He was like “What do you mean ?”

“Again ? Aren’t we friends already ?”

“But, aren’t you angry with me the last time we saw each other ?”

“Oh. I’m just a bit disappointed”

“Why ?”

“’Cause you don’t trust me”

Kai smiled at me.

“Oh…”

“It’s okay. We’re still friends. I’ll wait until you’ll trust me and told me about your illness”

I gave him a nod.

“Suzy… She didn’t know ?”, I asked.

“Nope. But she’ll find out sooner or later”

“How ?”

“Anyhow. Everything’s possible. Oh, it’s my turn to play. See you later, hyung

Kai went past me , and ran towards the fourth row. He patted his friend’s back. Laughing and talking with him.

I walked out. When I opened the door, I saw the city’s afternoon scenery. Quiet, peaceful, a bit windy. Like an autumn day.

“How did it go ?”

Suzy popped out suddenly.

“Fine. But, have you gone shopping when I was inside ?”

“You took a long time. It’s fine right ? It’s my own money after all”

There are shopping bags everywhere. It’s not like she’ll move out from her home, but her stuffs are shown that way.

“Ah. Help me carry this one”

She handed me about six or seven shopping bags filled with her stuffs. While she skipped happily in front of me, leaving me behind. Kinda reminds me of K.Will. The time he told his story when he was at Happy Together* (*Happy Together is a Korean Variety Show, with Yoo Jae Suk, Park Myung Soo, Shin Bong Sun and Park Misun as the MC). Totally. The same situation as his.

Well, at least this is how I showed my gratitude towards Suzy. For helping me. Even though at the end, everything’s fine.

I followed Suzy even until we reached home. She thanked me five times for helping her bringing most of her stuffs.

Also, I met Min the time when I was putting her stuffs at her home. Min ran down and told me to go to Jeju Island together tomorrow.

And Suzy added, “It’s better if a boy comes with us. For protection”

So, I have no choice but to pack up my belongings tonight. It seems I’ll have to sleep later than usual.

Ah… What a day.