It's All Over

Loving Your Disappearance

Taemin looks at me shocked. Like he can’t believe what he’s hearing. He takes a step back from me looking as if he’s about to fall.

 

“Why?”

 

“I love you more than I love myself, you know that, but I can’t risk your life. As well as the fact that once you marry me, you become king of my kingdom. You worked your whole life for this dream of yours to happen. You’ve been part of SHINee for almost ten years. You can’t do both. I am not going to be responsible for taking your dreams away from you. You’ll only learn to resent me and your position in my life. I am not doing that to you.” I explain.

 

Taemin just stares at me while he comprehends this. Love never leaves his eyes, but sadness and understanding is also there. He knows why I say what I have. After a moment or two, he reaches for my hands and holds it up to his face staring into my eyes with lust.

 

“You’re also part of my dream Rosie.”

 

“And you’re part of mine.” I say with tears starting to fall down my face, “I love you so much and I want nothing more than to marry you and grow old with you watching our children grow. But I can’t right now. I can’t do this to you.”

 

Taemin knows I’m right. He doesn’t want to admit it but he knows. Taemin starts walking away towards s. Once he disappears from my sight, I fall down and let the tears engulf me. I let myself fall into myself although I’ve been avoiding doing it for years. I feel like I deserve it. Robin comes a few minutes later and carries me to my room where I fall asleep crying in his arms.  

 

It’s been three days since that fateful proposal. SHINee has went back to Korea and I’m still here in my castle. Alex comes to check on me a few times a day but I always tell him to go. I want to be alone.

 

My duty as a queen is to always look like I’m okay. That’s what alex reminded me on day four of isolating myself. I pick myself back up and get dressed into proper queen attire. I put my tiara on and head on into my throne to see what my subjects and friends need of me.

 

“Where is your prince?” a little girl, Charlotte, asks me.

 

I smile, “He has to go home sweetie”

 

“But you look so happy together. Why can’t he just be king?”

 

“Because,” I turn away, “he isn’t from this place.”

 

One after another, people ask me about Taemin. Where he is. Why he’s no longer there. Why can’t he just be here and I back there. Various questions come making it even harder to pretend I’m okay.

 

Alex walks over to me saying he has something to tell me.

 

“I think I know how you can be happy.” He says to me.

 

Taemin’s POV:

 

Everyday feels like a day less of my life. I feel as if a part of me is gone, never to return. It hurts so much, I don’t know what to do. The members try their best to comfort me but all I can do is engulf myself into my work. It’s the only way I don’t think about her. The only way I can go back to what life was before her.

 

She’s right. I can’t give up my dream, but I also can’t give up love. I have never experienced a love so real before. A love that made the cruel world we live in, seem a bit brighter than it actually is. This is when I realize, my world revolves around her, but sometimes you can’t always have what is best for you. I got my dreams of being an idol, maybe I don’t get love as well.

 

We head out to do a concert. I perform with my entire heart. That is what she would want from me. That is what she would want to see if she were here. So I play as if she’s right in front of me. I’m jumping and dancing as if I just deputed. The members do the same to keep up consistency. The results were thrilling. Many people screamed and many articles were written about us: “SHINee put Their Whole heart in Performance”, “Everybody Loves SHINee”, “SHINee is Full of Energy”

 

It felt weird to go home and not have a smiling face greeting us at the door with a home cooked meal. I’ve gotten so used to it. It is part of our lives and our routine. You can’t just kill a routine. All the members feel it.

 

I head to my room and lie down. It’s passed midnight and I can’t fall asleep no matter how hard I try. I hear a knock at the door following the sound of someone entering. I see a light being illuminated followed by a,

 

“Happy birthday to you.

Happy birthday to you.

Happy birthday our dear Taemin,

Happy birthday to you”

 

I see a cake being held my Onew and the other members following suit. I make the one wish that I wanted most: her, and blow out the candles. The members place the cake on the bedside table and begin making themselves comfortable either on the side of my bed or minho’s bed on the other side of the room.

 

“I know it hurts,” Onew begins, “I wish you never had to feel something so terrible. One thing I do know if she did this because she loves you, not because she doesn’t”

 

“She gave you up which is probably hurting her so much more because she had to do it herself. We’ve known Rosie for a long time now, and I have not seen her happier than when she’s with you. But not everything is meant is meant to be. I really wish she was here, for all of our sakes.” Minho continues.

 

“We love her too. She did end up teaching us a lot of english and Jonghyun’s accent got a lot better.” Key continues while Jonghyun slapped the back of his head.

 

“I promise you it’s still going to hurt even after all this but another thing I promise you is that we will not leave your side and will always be there for you, even when you don’t want us too.” Onew finishes off.

 

I am then engulfed in a large group hug, one I will not push away. I start shedding tears but tears of relief for these people love me and I can count on them for everything.

 

“I’m grateful to have you.” I say and then the members decide to go drinking but I decided not to go with them.

 

I finally fall asleep after what seems like hours but I am awoken by a blinding light. I open my eyes to see Rosie in front of me. She holds a little box and starts singing happy birthday. I pinch myself but I am not dreaming.

 

I sit up and she sits on the side of my bed.  

 

“Hi” she begins.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“Well I was thinking and realized how much I miss you. Plus it’s your birthday, I couldn’t miss that. Oh by the way, here’s your present.”

 

She hands me a small box and once I open it, she starts getting on her knees. I look in the box to find a ring.

 

“Lee Taemin. My Taemin, will you do me the honour in marrying me?” She asks while still on her knees.

 

I look at her in shock.

 

“But you said..”I begin until she cuts me off while coming back to sit on my bed and holding onto my hands.

 

“I know what I said but after days in misery, my brother came to talk to me. He told me how before I was born, he was raised to be a king and whenever I was gone. He would do just that. He said he can protect this kingdom. He told me how I will always be the queen but how I am allowed to live a life outside magix. How if it wasn’t for the war, all I would know is Magix but fate decided not to have it that way and that there’s a reason for that. He said if there’s ever a problem magic related, he’ll call me and if I need saving, you just have to kiss me for true loves kiss is the greatest magic of them all.”

 

I grab her and kiss her with my entire soul. She’s here and she is mine, forever. She kisses me back and climbs onto the bed on top of me as I lay back. The kiss is aggressive for we have been apart too long. We are hungry for the taste of one another. I strip her of her shirt which she cannot wait to remove and she does the same to me. She begins to kiss me down my neck and I can’t take it anymore.

 

I flip her over in one single move and now I am on top. I continue to kiss and strip her until the night ends and I realize, she is mine forever.

 

Rosie’s POV:

 

Two years ago, I would not have imagined that I would marry the love of my life. Two years ago, I would not have imagined that Magix has been living in peace. Two years ago, I would not have imagined that I would be living the normal life of a wife.

 

Being the wife of a kpop star is a bit different than normal but he’s always there when I need him, especially now with my morning sickness. It’s hard to not crave chocolate every day though everyday, he brings me home a bar of chocolate while laying on my stomach talking to what would be the result of our love. He makes promises to it and me everyday. Promising to love us and teach us so much.

 

One thing I always remind this to be born baby, is that their father taught me how to love like my life depended on it. For life is made up of moments, and if you don’t take your chances and seize those moments, you may never find happiness. My happiness is in three different worlds. Three different worlds I am still a heavily a part of but right now, this world is mine and the only life I am thinking of saving, is the one inside me and the one bside me.