Remembrance

Loving Your Disappearance

Taemin's point of view

It's been three hours since Rosie left. I still can't feel her. We're all crying. The worst part is waiting and not being able to do anything. If... If Rosie dies, I won't ever be able to live with myself. I will die. No. I mustn't think like that. Please Rosie. Please. Come back. 
All the members are worrying. I'm sitting with my head down, not wanting anyone to see my tears.

That's when Onew comes over. I feel bad for him. He's the oldest. He is the leader. He has to carry us. He has to always be okay. That's when he starts singing. Singing the song that brought Rosie into our fandom. Singing the song that'll raise us.
He starts first quietly.

"Stand by me. nal barabwajwo ajik sarangeul moreujiman"

Then Jonghyun gets up:

"Stand by me. nal jikyeobwajwo ajik sarange seotuljiman"

Then the song continues. Around the campfire, one by one, we all start to sing. Jonghyun Hyung grabs his guitar, Minho Hyung starts to clap. Smiles start to form on our faces as we look at one another. Then came the chorus. The loud chorus we sing together as SHINee: 

"Together make it love!
Forever make it your smile!
neoui hwanhan miso gadeukhi
Together make it love!
Forever make it your smile!
ije naesoneul naesoneul jaba
Stand by me nareul barabwajwo ajik sarangeul moreujiman
Stand by me nareul jikyeobwajwo ajik sarange seotungeot gata"
 
Then we all start laughing. The laughter slowly goes to a painful silence.

Then Jonghyun Hyung talks. 
"I remember when I first saw Rosie. I saw a girl beside our table with food who looked like she could carry the world. Turns out she did. She looked so scared and nervous. When our eyes met, I could see the child in her. A child ready for anything. As soon as she came into our lives, I felt protected. She saved my life. That is a debt I'll never be able to repay."

Then Minho Hyung spoke.
"She's always been a little sister and a mother to me, to all of us. She would play soccer with me and she's actually pretty good. She would make us food. Tie our ties for us. Ruffle our hair. Hug us when we did a good job. She would hug us when we were sad. She would smile her bright smile no matter what happened. She made everyday fun."

Then Key Hyung:
"Rosie made our lives eventful. She was always cheery and supported us while giving us advice when we needed it. It was always nice to have a person on standby if we suddenly wanted to watch a movie or go get ice cream. She was really good at disguising us. Now I know why. Her magic. Not having her, just for a few hours, it makes me miss her like no tomorrow. Please be okay Rosie. Please"

And then Onew Hyung:
"She always smiles. She always makes even the tiring days a day to enjoy. She always knows what we want. Always makes sure we're happy before herself. Always makes sure we're safe before herself. She came as our English teacher, but know, she's our best friend."
Then everyone looked at me. My head was down. Tears were streaming out of my eyes. I could only say a few words. Only a few or I would break.
"I love her."

That was enough to break me. I was now crying. Almost sobbing. That's when the other members came and gave me a hug. First Minho Hyung. Then Jonghyun Hyung. Then Onew and Key hyung. One tight bear hug. We stayed like that for what seemed like hours but was probably only a few minutes. 
I love my members. I love always having friends there for me. I know they will stay with me wherever I go. 

Silence was in the air. But it wasn't an awkward silence. It was peaceful. Onew Hyung broke it.
"We should sleep. Rosie wouldn't like it if she found out we stayed up waiting for her." 
"I'll stay out and wait." I said breaking from the hug.
"Oh no you don't!" Key Hyung says while grabbing my arm and dragging me to the tent. "You can worry about her inside the tent. It's going to get cold soon."
Inside the tent we sat. Minho and Onew were lying down. Key was lying down as well but he was on his phone. Jonghyun sat with he knees up and his head between them. He was crying softly. He loves Rosie. I know he'll stop because I also love her. But that'll be hard for him. He's loved her longer which means it'll be hard to get over. She's hard to get over. She's amazing. She's like no one I've ever met before or will ever meet. She's special. Everyone is worried. It's obvious. The air isn't of happiness. It's of worrying and sadness.

I'm also sitting. Looking at the roof of the tent, the way I would look at stars in the sky. Rosie is under this sky. I know she is. I must believe in her. I believe she'll come back to me. I hope she'll come back to me.
I'm trying and trying to feel her again. I still can't. I can't feel her. I need to hold her again. I need to kiss her soft lips again. I need to see her smile again. I need to tell her I love her again. I need to grab hold of her and never let go of her again. She's always been protecting me. I want to protect her. I want to be someone she can relax with. I want to be someone she can rely on. Someone she'll love without worries. I want her more than I've wanted anything in my life. 

Oh Rosie. If you can hear me. Please come back to me. Please. I'll do anything for you to come back to me. I love you. I love you more than I love anyone in this world. Please hold my hand again.

I pray this. I pray to god to bring Rosie back to me. I pray to be a better person. I pray. I pray to bring happiness to all six of us once again. 

It's then when I see a blinding light outside the tent. I don't know what it is nor do I care. I must see what it is. It could be my Rosie. I'm ping the tent in tears. I'm now crying. Crying in happiness. Crying knowing my Rosie must be back. We're all getting anxious opening the tent. Once I'm out, the smile on my face disappears. Instead it's filled with sadness.