I'm Sorry

Loving Your Disappearance

Taemin’s POV

Rosie. Rosie. Rosie!

I can’t even tell how fast I am running. I don’t think I have ever run so fast. I did not tell anyone I was leaving. I just left. I didn’t greet anyone good bye, I didn’t do the last encore, all I did was change and put on a mask. I need to get to the dorm. Now!

Rosie’s POV (before the battle)

This thing we are about to fight; survival may not be an option. I turn to see the titans. My best friends and family. I cannot put them in danger like this. Robin catches my gaze and shakes his head knowing what I’m thinking.

“We are a team and we are going to do this together!” he yells.

It takes all my will to stop the tears from coming out of my eyes. I turn to face this army that is approaching. I call upon my grandmother who appears soon after.

“Rosie. This is the same battle we fought two hundred years ago. They must have taken this time to rebuild their army. They are stronger than those two hundred years prior. I’m sorry I didn’t see this. I could’ve warned you. I thought they died along with us. I used the last of my power and the ring that amplifies it to kill them off before I died and put our kingdom to sleep so we wouldn’t all die. Waiting for you to wake it up. They must’ve been waiting as well before you woke up the kingdom. Rosie. I must tell you something. I know you have your suspicions, but back then, they wanted you. That’s all they wanted. You are the most powerful being since magic started with our family. They wanted to use you and drain all the magic out of you and use it for world domination. It still isn’t clear why they want it, but it will not be good. You cannot let them get you. Please my baby. You must protect yourself. Yes, I know as a queen your first instinct is to protect our people, especially as a super hero, but if you let yourself be taken by them, the world will not be safe. There might be sacrifices you’ll need to make. Not everything can work out. I’m sorry my love. That’s all I can tell you. Stay safe.”

With that she kisses my forehead and disappears. I’ve always imagined who the people that destroyed my previous life are, but I didn’t imagine this. It is horrifying. Robin squeezes my hand and says:

“Rosie, no matter what happens, we are a team and we love you. We will never leave you. This is our battle.” I can see it in his eyes when saying “we love you”, he really wants to say “I love you”. I smile and give him a hug. For him but more for me. I need someone to hold me like this.

I’m about to face this when I hear a voice running towards me. NO! He should be in the bunkers. I quickly turn and run towards him.

“Alex get back in the bunkers NOW!” I yell.

“Rosie. You forgot this.” I turn to see him putting the ring on my finger. The same my grandmother used to kill these evil people off. I have tears streaming down my face.

He grabs me into an embrace.
“I’m sorry this is all I can do for you. I am your older brother. I should be protecting you, not the other way around. Rosie. I love you. You have to win this and come back to me.”

“Alex. If something were to happen. You need to protect the kingdom. You need to be king and protect this kingdom.”

He squeezes me even harder.

“You really are an idiot!” He cries through his tears, “nothing is going to happen. You have to come back to us. To me. I’m not giving you a choice. You will rule over this kingdom again.”

We let go of each other and are only holding each other’s hands. We smile through our tears and I send him to the bunkers. He disappears right in front of my eyes when I do so. Good bye Alex.

The army is coming towards us. Robin already called for all the titans around the world to come and help us. We need to survive until they come. This is it.

They start to run at us and so do we.

Everything goes silent. All I can hear is my heartbeat.

Ba-Dump. Ba-Dump. Ba-Dump.

Robin made the first attack. He started to slash. Starfire is in the air shooting beams out of her arms and legs. Beastboy is turning into any animal needed. Cyborg is running and shooting. Raven is also flying in the sky trying to pick them up with her powers and drop them with a force enough to kill them. We never try to kill. We just try to defeat until the police can take over. Yes, we have witnessed and caused deaths of villains, but it always shakes us. Always. Here we are killing left right and center. I shoot. I cannot stop shooting. I see Robin in danger. I fly over and pick him up. He uses this opportunity to drop bombs wherever there are no titans in sight.

“Rosie!” He yells.

I understand what he is saying. I teleport his unlimited pack from back home to his waist. Here, he will never run out of bombs, and other weapons. I put him back on the ground to continue my fight. I see other titans in the distance. Titans East. With Bumble Bee and the others. They don’t even question, they start fighting. Aqua Man uses the nearby lake to grab water and try to drown these guys. We just fighting. Killing after killing. One of them grab raven by her legs and I fly over. They stab my foot and I grab raven before they can do anything else. One by one I see all the titans being defeated by these people. That’s when I realize it. My grandmother was right.

I pick up all the titans and them into the air. I need to use all my power to put a barrier strong enough around us. I start to sweat. Robin knows what I am going to do, but before he can scream, I transport them to the bunkers.

I’m sorry I silently say to myself.

They all look confused and try shooting at me however they can. The barrier is strong enough to repel them. I take a deep breath and start chanting. I keep chanting. Finally, it is time for the last word. I pause and then say it. “doom”

A wave of magic spreads across. A wave so strong it kills everyone in its sight. They all fall one by one. Finally, I see the last one on the ground lifeless. I smile a weak smile and fall to the ground with my eyes being forced closed.

The sleeping spell. The one used to protect my kingdom two hundred years ago. I activated it on myself.