Distance

Loving Your Disappearance

All we could hear was silence. Everyone was frozen in place. I don't know why it was like that.

     Taemin Oppa knew of the titans. But I just felt like he shouldn't have seen Robin and I together. I have a very scared feeling. I don't know why. Taemin Oppa was still standing at the doorway. I didn't know what to do. Robin was the first to move. Because of my powers, Robin could speak English and Taemin Oppa would hear it in Korean.

     "Hi. My name is Robin." He said Taemin just stared at him then responded, "Hi I'm Taemin. Rosie's friend." Robin smiled at him and Taemin gave his normal smile in return. I was still standing in place. They both looked at me and at that moment the rest of the SHINee members came in. They all sounded out of breath.

     "Thanks a lot Taemin. Because you ran up to see Rosie, we had to carry all this stuff upstairs ourselves." Key exclaimed. They all looked at Taemin and saw a new figure. Only Onew Oppa knew of Robin. The rest were oblivious. All they saw was a weird guy wearing a tight suit and a cape with a mask on. Very out of the ordinary.

     Onew and Robin introduced themselves to each other. The rest of them stood there.      "Ummm..... Minho Oppa, Key oppa, this is my friend from back home. His name is Robin. He is someone who take care of me. He knows fluent korean(that's a lie). Robin, this is Minho and Key. Jonghyun is still the te hospital. I'll introduce you another time." I said.

     They all started introducing themselves to each other. The atmosphere earlier was gone. It was now a happier one. I "made" a cake and we celebrated Robin's birthday. If I ever see something one of the titans would like, I would buy it. So I had tons of things to give Robin for his birthday.

     It was time for the members to go get some rest. They left me and Robin alone. They said their goodbyes and I swear Taemin Oppa looked sad when he left but that could just be me. 

     Robin and I were alone. We decided to watch a movie we used to watch when we were younger: Peter Pan. I have always liked that movie and the titans were stuck watching it with me.

    I leaned on Robin and fell asleep. I woke up towards the end of the movie.

"Why didn't you wake me?" I asked robin. 

"Cause you looked so peaceful. And I'm sure you don't get enough sleep anymore" he replied, "those guys seem very nice. How is it teaching them? Aren't they like your favourite band?"

"Yeah they are," I replied "they're really fun to be around. It's nice being normal for a change and not having people trying to kidnap me. Oh yeah. There's something I've been meaning to tell you."

"What is it?"

I need to tell Robin about Taemin and Onew knowing about my powers. If I do, he'll worry and then go over the top and try to bring me back. But lying to him is worse. I can't lie to the titans, especially not to Robin.

"Two of the members of the band know about my powers." He was about to say something but I interrupted. "They found out when I was saving one of the other members . And you know how I hate erasing anyone's memory so I'm not doing that just so you know. I can trust them robin. I know I can." Robin just looked at me.

"You've only been with them for a few months. How can you trust them? Wait. Do you like one of them? Is that why you trust complete strangers?" He demanded.

 "No I don't. I trust them because I do. They're not like the back stabbing people in the magical world. They're real people."

"Am I not real?" He asked so quietly, it sounded like he was going to cry.

"Of course you're real. I didn't mean it like that. Robin you're one of the most real people I have ever met. You actually care about others and do your best to protect the ones you love. You're most definitely real." I responded.

He didn't look convinced. He had the same look in his eyes he had when I almost died during one of our battles. He looked heartbroken. I knew Robin was still in love with me. Unfortunately this love can not flourish. They're too many obstacles.

"Robin. Look at me. No matter what, I'm Rosie. I can take care of myself. You don't need to protect me. I miss you like crazy but I can't go back, you know that. I can't go back until I know you're safe." I say.

"But we can protect ourselves too. You don't need to leave just because you're scared someone is going to hurt us to get to you. Please Rosie. Come home." He pleaded.

I knew in all my heart he was sincere. I wanted to go back. But I liked it here. If I go back, I wouldn't be able to see Taemin, Onew, Minho, Key, and Jonghyun everyday. I love them so much. I can't leave them. Especially since there is an unknown feeling between Taemin and I. I will not leave until I further explore it. I want to know what it is.  

"Sorry. I'm not risking your lives. If you guys were to get hurt, I don't know how I would live with myself. Plus I like it here. This is the most normal life I have lived since I was seven. I want just a little more time being unknown and free. Please Robin. I hope you can understand that."I say.

     He nodded with his head down. He gave me a hug. It was awkward. It felt more like an obligatory hug then a friend hug.

 "Well it's time for me to go. Time to protect home base. Wanna poof me out of here?" Robin says

 "Always for you." I reply. "Bye Robin. I'll miss you." He didn't respond.

 And with the flick of my wrist, Robin was gone. I was once again alone but this time was different. This time I felt alone and like there was a hole in my heart.