Before the Storm

Loving Your Disappearance

     Hi. My name is Rosie. I'm 15, live in New York, and oh yeah. I have magical powers. When I was seven, some professor basically kidnapped me and put me infront people I have only seen through the T.V : The Teen Titans. Robin: martial arts master. Beast Boy: can transform into any animal, but he stays green. Starfire: is an alien, who flies, shoots stuff out of her hands, feet, eyes and she can lift like a thousand tons. Cyborg, who is basically his name. And Raven, who was made from dark forces to destroy the world but chose a better path. Her powers include, flying, moving objects with her mind, and destruction. I basically have been living with them for the past eight years. The professor gave them this weird potion that made it impossible for them to age until I turn fourteen. Now that I'm fifteen, they have aged one year since I've met them. 

     For most of the time since I found out about my powers, I never knew where I came from. What I did know was my parents were not my real parents. When I was twelve I discovered a lost kingdom, in which I was the ruler of. The kingdom was asleep for over four hundred years. It turned out that my parents sent me to this time when I was just an infant during a battle my family knew they were not gonna win. But that story can be saved for later. Basically my family are the original keepers of magic. It has been that way far before I was born. No one knows how magic came to be, they just know my family were the first. Being part of original keepers of magic, it means my magic is unlimited and much stronger than most with magic. So usually when the Titans are attacked, it's usually a kidnap attempt for me. We always defeat those who try to kidnap me without even a scratch. Until one day. That day changed our lives.

     It was the typical day: sitting around in the T- Tower, playing, eating, and most importantly watching the city for danger. Suddenly, there was an explosion in the left wing of the tower. Where my room is. The six of us ran towards my room. We saw someone totally unfamiliar to us. This was the first time something like that ever happend. Seeing an unfamiliar face. Without any time to respond he started attacking us. We tried our best, but this opponent was hard to defeat. He took Star Fire down in one blow. Robin couldn't get anywhere near him. He poured water all over Cyborg messing up with his system. He trapped Beast Boy in an undersized cage. It was almost like he knew exactly what would defeat us. Like he studied us. It seemed, he didn't care about the Titans at all. He just wanted them out of the way. He wanted me and we all knew it. 

     Being in my room meant all my magical objects were also there. It was risky, but on the other side of him was my magic ring. It multiplies the amount of magic one uses by a hundred percent. I knew the only way to get him out was to get the ring. I dove past him as fast as I could, but he was faster than me. He grabbed me by my right leg. He squeezed it so hard. I couldn't feel it anymore. I had to do something and fast. Then it hit me. I shrunk. I became the size of a small doll. I was too small for him to grasp, which meant I was free. I flew and got my ring. I became my normal size and put the ring on. I focused all my power on him. He dissapeared but I knew he wasn't dead. After freeing the Titans, we went to our common area. We were all injured. Some more than others. 

     I couldn't stop thinking about how it was my fault. If I wasn't there, this guy would have never came and hurt the people I love. Robin knew what I was thinking. He somehow always did.

"Rosie. It's not your fault." Robin said

     I didn't respond. I kept my blank face and stared at the ground.

"Yo. Ro, it's not a big deal. A few scratches. That's it. We're fine." Cyborg said.

"Yeah. C'mom Ro. Give us a smile." Beast Boy said

     That's when I responded. "Yeah. This time only a few scratches. Next time, who knows what could happen. Guys, this has gone on for too long. I've just been a burded causing battles that don't need to happen."

"Rosalinda(my full name) what is it you are saying?" Star Fire asked.

"I'm saying, I have to leave." I said. Robin was about to say something, but I interrupted him. "I need to go somewhere they will never think to look"

"Never Land?" Cyborg asked,

"No." I reply. "South Korea"