Chapter Two

Beneath your crescent eyes


She was nodding on my chest but my mind doesn't find a better reason to understand her. 1934? Is she crazy? It is 2014 and even when people joke about time traveling really . It is freaking two-thousand and fourteen and this girl embracing me wants me to understand her and she came from nineteen thirty four.

Wait, I closed my eyes and think maybe that's bar name! Maybe that like a number of avenues, damn. "I will get you a ride to 1934." I said to her and tried to calm myself.

She looked at me so curiously.

"My jeep will be delivered this morning and I think my babe is sleeping on my garage now." I smiled nicely to her. I was about to touch her face but she held my wrist.

"Jeep?"

I sighed again. "You don't know what a jeep is? A car."

"Car? You have a car too?" She asked me like this girl won in a lottery. "What family did you came from?"

"What?!" I nearly choked.

"What do you mean what?" She bit her lips, and gosh those lips are lusciously berries. She's not wearing any make up or lipstick but her lips are so pink like strawberries.

"What's your name?" That's the only question I can ask without being questioned. I'm like gee what is happening now.

"Shinhye," she says.

"Shinhye what?"

"You?" Good, she just asked back. Great.

"Sorry but I don't tell my name to strangers, especially to people who wear awful dresses." I sighed.


I saw her pout, and damn she was like a doll that I came to see when the daughter of my co-worker went to my house the other day. I've seen a lot of girls pout in front of me but this is the first time I saw innocence. It's like she didn't pout because she wanted to grab my lips or something, but it's like she just doesn't understand the thing I'm saying - or she doesn't want what I'm saying. "Do I wear a very awful dress?" She sighed.


She just sighed but I sighed harder at her, was her dress the topic now? Was her dress that important than a girl who came from the year 1934 and that girl is with me? With me that is living in the year 2014? The heck with this. "That dress is really awful." I stopped. "But your face are burying your dress' statement." I tried to smile.


Then I see her smiling like a kid, her white teeth are showing so brightly, her eyes are twinkling. "Really?" She asked me.

I nodded. "But that wasn't the point, Shinhye." I recalled her name.

"What's that?" She pointed again at my phone.

"An iPhone." I reached my phone to her but she was like scared or something. "This thing will not bite you." I laughed. "Here.."


"No!" She yelled again, and I hate people when they are yelling. I only permit people beside me to shout when it's between or death, like if there's a fire and such.


I tried to calm myself. "Did you really came from the year 1934?" I can't imagine myself buying what she is saying. "Then convince me."

"Convince me first." She said firmly. "You said it's 2014."


I scratched my head and went to my main door and grab the milk and newspaper, I really don't think I am Yonghwa now. I am actually getting what she wants. I gave her the newspaper. "Here, see the date?" I smirked. "Your next, convince me." She stared at the newspapers for the whole five minutes, and I'm laughing at myself now because any minute my presume is she will going to run as fast as she can because I let my main door open.


I am counting from one to five, what she'll do next. She gave back the newspaper as I wait for her.

"I'm waiting." I smiled.


She stood up firm.
Okay, any minute she'll run like a wind.


"I'm sorry." She whispered.

"Sorry for what?"


She step forward. "I don't have any thing for me to convince you." She looked at me.

Damn, I didn't expect this. I expected her being a nasty one, but now she's apologizing like she meant what she just said. "Then, what do you want to do?"

"I don't know." She looking at me, but there wasn't a hint of sadness in her eyes. It has a bit of confusion and surprise. "You? What do you want to do?"


"You know I am a really busy person."


She sniffed at my shirt, that made her look so cute. "You smell good. Men don't use light perfumes."

I laughed. "I use a very strong perfume, it's just I passed out here and I don't know why so I think the strong scent was gone." I explained to her.

"I prefer you smell like this." She smiled.

"You're not a dog why your nose is more clearer than the thing now." I sighed.


"I always have dreams like this." She said. "But now it is real." Her face got so bright as she poked my chest with her finger.

"How come I never dreamt of you?" I asked.

"I never said I dreamt of you! I mean these kind of places, where completely different." She yelled again.


"Geez! Stop yelling." I tried to calm her.

She stopped yelling but then she started to grin like a cute kid with a full bangs. "You know I really want to yell like this every day."

"Why would I know? I don't even know you." I looked at my phone's time and I'm going to be late to my work. "Let's stop this joke. I'm not going to call a police now, let's go I'll get you a ride Miss." I managed to tap her head.


"I'm not joking."

"Okay, you are not."

"What I'm saying are all true." She said.


I nodded and grab my keys. "Let's get you home." I grabbed her wrist.


"You don't believe me." Her voice hints a bit of despair.

I stared at her blankly.

"Don't you?" She asked me.


"Why would I believe you? What you are saying are completely bull. Why would I believe a girl telling me that she came from different time?" I tried not to be angry because I don't have the right to yell at her.