Chapter Eight

Beneath your crescent eyes


10;59am
June 5, 2014


"...I will say yes," she said.


What I said about that didn't brought me into the conclusion that she will respond like that. Am I playing with her innocence? Am I getting so much happiness when I blab over her? Maybe yes, minus the yahoo thingy. "You are a fast learner," I smiled.

She pouted. "Explain first why you ended up lying in the floor without breathing," she sounded so serious. "I touched your chest and I didn't feel a single heartbeat a while ago."She is maybe innocent, but she's a smart cookie. What now, Jung Yonghwa? I stared at her, maybe lying can't hurt now since this morning all I tell were funny lies. 

"Do you Avengers?" I smirked, of course she doesn't know. "Iron Man? Captain America? Thor?" Her look made me laugh in my mind, I just this girl's pure innocence. And I think I'm beginning to enjoy it real hard. "People are never the people in your time, Shinhye. Don't bother about it, I am okay." I smiled.

"You need to teach me a lot in the future then." 

"Of course I will," I tapped her wet hair. "But I think your awful hair need polishing." I stood up and went to my drawer. A lot of girls went to my unit and every time they leave in the morning, they left one of their stuffs. And now, I am here finding a blower for her. I can't believe I'm finding a thing to help her fix her hair. 

"What's that?!" She yelled.

"Could you lower your voice even a little?" I tried to calm her. "This is a blower and it's going to fix your hair." I turned it on and she was shocked with the sound it released.

"Are you going to kill me?!"

"Just sit here and I'll try to fix your hair. I always watch the girls came here when they use this. I think I can pull it better." I made her sit in my bed. I am seeing our reflection in the mirror and I can't believe I am Jung Yonghwa. I am seriously fixing one's girl hair without any violent reactions. And I realized her hair wasn't that awful - just what I always say. The scent of her hair are making a scene on me, the air that blower releasing making it more attentive. Her hair is so soft and long like what I saw on commercials. She was quiet while I am blowing her hair. I straightened her bangs and placed it in one side, it looked pretty on her. And I just realized one thing about myself - I am so gay! If my friends saw me like this, they will make fun of me the whole time I am still living on earth. Damn, Jung Yonghwa. 


"Does men also fixed girl's hair now? In my time, they can't even appreciate girl's hairstyles." She sighed. "I feel like living here in your time was the best thing happen to me." She said.

I combed her hair. "You are wrong, men still don't care about girl's hair," That was a very honest answer. "Just think of it as my present because you are now living in this time." That was a very honest question too. I stared at her reflection on the mirror and I am surprised. Her hair, her dress and her face completed a goddess in my bed. No lies, I play with girls with those words - but for the first time I am telling the truth. I am really seeing a goddess in my bed. "See yourself, Shinhye." I uttered.

She stood up and face the mirror. I think she was more surprised than me. As if she's staring to a different person, maybe she mistaken herself in the mirror as a goddess too. Then she looked at me, through the mirror. 

"Why?" I asked. 

"So do you believe me now?" She wasn't smiling, her eyes are seeking for a better positive answer. That if maybe I said no, she'll get off without me again. 

"That you time traveled?" 

"Yes."

"I'll ask you, what answer do you want. A yes or a no?" I asked her. 

"Anything." She turned her face to me. "Because I can see in your eyes if you are telling the truth."

I get rid of the blower and comb and tried to step nearer to her. I looked into her eyes. She was the playful one every time but on some moments - when the clock ticks and tell about looking to someone's eyes she can become the most serious but with pure innocence kind of person. "No," I said to her. "I still don't believe you. I don't believe you that you came from the year 1934, that you time traveled over the years. I still don't believe that you were sleeping at your bed and woke up in my bed. I don't trust you when you say you don't know an iPhone." I gulped, while still looking into her eyes. "I still don't believe you when you are trying to make up some description when it is just a simple hamburger. And lastly, I didn't trust you when you said believing can't hurt anyone but I am just mistaking it for another feeling. I don't believe you, Shinhye." 


She stepped forward, her eyes were filled of crystal clear tears that are about to fall from her rosy cheeks. She stared for a while, my eyes are still  gazing at her - like seeing someone with so much or should I say like seeing someone with just innocence - like a crystal that is so fragile, that I wouldn't even bare to lose. 

"That's my answe--

I wasn't able to continue what I am going to say because she put her arms on my back. She is embracing me, her head are resting on my chest - like hearing my heart beat. Like hearing those because someday she might not hear it again, that was the feeling. "Liar," she cried on my shirt. "I told you just by looking into your eyes I can see everything, I can see everything beneath your crescent eyes.