Chapter Eighteen

Beneath your crescent eyes


"I am grateful to be your first kiss," I said to her. She is the first woman who ever said to be that I am her first innocent kiss. She's twenty three too, same age as me but she never had any kiss on her time. I actually liked it. I actually thankful that the people are so conservation and stuff back in her time, because maybe I'll get jealous now if ever Shinhye says this is not her first time. I am a typical hot guy that kissed so many girls, the first time I kissed a girl was when I was in elementary. All I remember was I am teasing her to death but she cried so hard and the only resort to stop her was to kiss her. It's so unromantic and I really don't feel anything from that. But now, kissing a very beautiful girl like Shinhye is very different from all of them. I don't believe in the feeling of being happy and giddy when kissing someone, but now I had establish this different kind of feeling in myself. I felt happy, kissing her. 

"You kissed that girl and then you will kiss me," she pouted and stand up again. "Such a player."

I stopped her again, but this time I am seeing a jealous cute girlfriend in front of me. "You're different."

"Yes, I am. That girl is so much beautiful than me, I am really different." 

I curled my my forehead and pinch her left cheek, "are you jealous?" I asked, smiling.

She looked at me. "No!"

"You are," I giggled.

"I'm not."

"You are. And I am your first kiss so you shouldn't get me angry because you might get your second kiss right now," I said playfully. I am just kidding around, I can't even look straight at her now. My heart is beating so fast and I felt so cold not with some curse but the sweat running through my skin. And kissing her again would be the death of me. She's so beautiful. So beautiful. 

"O-okay," she stammered. "Stop making me this embarrassed, Yonghwa." Her cheeks turns to red.

If only she knew that I am in the same position as her. I'm shy and beyond embarrass too. I kissed Cecilia a while ago and now I gave her a first kiss. It sounds like I am really a bad person but now talking to her is like my hands are soaking in a river. "I'm tired, let's sleep for now." I dragged her in to our bed. She needs sleep too, more than anyone else. Shinhye didn't said a thing and followed me to sleep. 

 

While lying, my mind can't stop thinking about Cecilia. What's her plan? What will she do to be a pain for us? Her spells are getting powerful over mine. I don't want to hurt her fully because she's a woman after all. And if Royce is just using her, I can't hurt her. Royce is doing everything to fulfill our duty being the Hexer of Great Divine. And one thing, the woman I need to kill - Shinhye. What the hell they are saying? Kill her? Why? Because I can't go back being a hexer? Because Shinhye can turn me into a man I wanted? I smirked on my mind. I will never hurt the woman sleeping beside me. Maybe if they really want me to be like Royce, I will, just I have the guarantee that they will never hunt Shinhye. I will never hurt this girl. Whether it'll be Cecilia or Royce, I will never let them hurt Shinhye. 

"Yonghwa," she whispered.

I faced her, she called my name but she is sleeping soundly. I smiled. Maybe she's dreaming about me. That feels good, that she's dreaming of me - her first kiss. Damn, I am the type of man that don't believe in romantic fantasies but the time she came in my life I feel like a little boy craving for fairytale stories before bedtime. The thought that she is dreaming of me, who is actually just beside her in reality brings me back being that little boy again. She looks like an angel sleeping. My eyes are locked with those lips, those lips I just tasted a while ago. My heart beats so fast again. I subconsciously trailing my fingers on her innocent face. Even for a while, like these moments, not thinking about the complicated life I have, I am like in one room with her that only filled with happiness and love. Even for a while, I am living like any other else, as I staring at her face. I never expected that someone came from the unexpected time will arrive in my ruined life. I never expected that she will be the one who will arranged all of the broken pieces which I never knew why they lost in the first place. 

I never acknowledge myself falling with the girl. I never say those endearment words. I never get jealous. I never get the feeling that I want to be the only one that she sees. I want to be special to her. I want that her two pretty eyes will just be staring at me, because I will be just staring at me, forever. I never felt like I am loving someone, because this is the first time. 
If today she got her first kiss, lucky her because it's just a kiss. Because for me today, I got myself falling and loving her and I think it wasn't just a simple like first kisses. Maybe the cast Cecilia gave me turned into a beautiful grace because I came to know the feelings I've been labeling wrongly with Shinhye. I remember the time that I want her to get lost and pushed her to the road and ert kids circled her. I've been mistakenly labeling those into confuse because I don't know the feeling of getting jealous on that time. Maybe the time that I am saying that she looks awful, I am again getting a mistake because I don't know that feeling of seeing a very beautiful and innocent girl in front of me. I said a lot of wrong labels, simply because I don't know the feeling. 

But right now, staring at her I am so sure. I touched her lips once again. "Shinhye," I talked even she wasn't awake. "I'll be giving your second kiss now," I slowly landed my cold lips into hers. "Sleep well, I'll watch you." I don't know if I'm talking to her or just talking to myself like a crazy man falling to a very beautiful and innocence girl came from 1934. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

Happy 4th of July! 

 

I love you all! 

Hugs and kisses. Hihi. ❤️

 

Loving you always,

Dokmishin :)