Chapter Fourteen

Beneath your crescent eyes

 

You said you never wanted to be a hexer but you got her, Yonghwa. 


I was stopped. 
First, I don't want to be a hexer.
Second, I got her? Who? Shinhye? What the hell was Royce talking about? What about Shinhye?

I looked at Shinhye, who is currently staring at me, as if she's asking me again what just happened. That honest face, yet again. That innocence, she never lost. Is Shinhye is just one of Royce's people to manipulate me? Is this girl who I believed all through out was just really an accomplice of Royce? Is she? 

I don't think so. I never doubted her. Not even a single second now. 
I can see it in her eyes. I am sure. 

"What's happening, Yonghwa?" she asked me. 

I let her take a sit first, maybe this time I need to say who I am. Maybe today is the best day to reveal who I am. If I believed her right away that she came from 1934, maybe she'll believe me too if I say I am not just a normal Jung Yonghwa. "Shinhye," I cleared my throat. 

"What?" 

"What if I tell you, I am not like the others?" I started. 

"Like?" 


I grabbed the towel paper wrapping the utensils. "Like this," I looked at her while she's looking at my hand. I held the towel paper and it just a second it turned to ash gray, as if the towel paper was burnt. I saw her eyes went big. "Scared?" I smirked. "You can go now," even I don't want her to go I can't held her and stay by my side especially now she's scared. 

"Who are you?" She looked at me. 

"I am not a good person." I insisted. 

"That won't make me go away from you, Yonghwa." Then she smiled, as if she wasn't even scared. 

"You are not safe with me," I looked at her. "Remember Royce? He got us, I don't know what is he up to and I don't want out to be connected with me." 


She held my hand and squeezed it. "Your hands are burning. Aren't you hurt?" 

Literally my hands are burning like fire, every time I do that I can't escape from the fact that I am hurt. But the time she caressed it, as if waters from falls came rushing into my burning hands. Hurt doesn't feel anymore. "Shinhye, who are you exactly? How can you cease all the things that hurt me?" 

"I told you, I don't know," she was still caressing my hand. "Don't do that again. It'll hurt you."

"Royce and I were the only hexer of great divine." I sighed. "I am a Hexer. Aren't you scared? I can even curse you and go to death." I am not trying to scare her, but in this situation that's the best thing that will make her safe. 

"But you said you never wanted to be like that. Why are you introducing yourself as one?" She calmly said to me. 

"I will never harm you, but Royce can." I said as if I'm begging her to go away from here. 

"Why would he harm me?" she asked again. 

"I don't know," I sighed. 

"Yonghwa," she lit up a very sweet smile at me. "This world wasn't revolving for the normal ones to live. This world was for the people like you too," she said like she just understood me. 

"Shinhye, I wanted to see you as the innocent Shinhye. But what if in the future you lose that innocence of yours because of me? I am more dangerous than what you imagine." Unconsciously, I felt crying now. I don't cry, but looking at her eyes, telling her who I am and the possibilities of her getting hurt in the future makes me cry. 

"Well, that's life," she grinned at me like a kid. 

I grinned too. "Well, welcome to my world." 

"But, Yonghwa, I wanted to see you as the Yonghwa who loves affection so much. Like a kid whining just be feel special. Not a hexer," she smiled at me. 

This conversation of us was the best thing happened to me tonight. She understood me right away, but now everything will be harder. With Royce.

 

***

 

9:56pm
June 13, 2014


"I have something to show you, Shinhye." I faced her, while we are lying on the same bed. She is holding my hand, for me to sleep solemnly. 

"What?" 

I sit on the bed and get off my shirt. Shinhye jump off the bed and throw a pillow at me. I know it, this will be her first reaction. 

"Jung Yonghwa!" She shouted. "What are you doing?!" 

I took a deep breath and glanced at her. "I just wanted to be honest with you. Come here," I said.

"Why would I?!" 

"Just come here," I dragged her and made her sit facing me back. 

"See that tattoo at my back? Even I try to run being a Hexer, I can't. That tattoo always making me remember who I am, that I can't escape with it even I die." I bowed my head.

She run her warm hands on my back, that made me shivered. 

"Nightmares are hunting me every night. I can't sleep, they always want me to do what I need to do. Remember when you saw me lying on the floor? Royce stopped my heart and brain. But all of that, ceased. Because of you. So I'm scared, Royce might do something with you." I reached my eyes because tears might drop again. 

"Yonghwa," she whispered.

"Why?" 

"Is your tattoo invisible?" she asked me innocently.

"Of course not, my tattoo is very visible." 

"No," she insisted. "You don't even have a mark on your back." 


I jumped off my bed and made my back face the mirror. Shinhye's right, I can't even see a little mark on my back. What happened? I don't have a tattoo anymore? But that mark is a sign that I am a hexer. That will never vanish. The mark was gone. I slowly looked at Shinhye. 

And right now, I am sure.
Shinhye is my proctector.