Chapter Sixteen

Beneath your crescent eyes

 

Who is this woman? How did she knew about us when it is only me and Royce knows that? I glanced at her, and I'm sure she wasn't an ordinary woman also. There's something behind this pretty face that can lure everybody. "Who are you? I smirked. "Did Royce sent you?" 

"Royce?" she chuckled. "I don't care about Royce."

I was about to lose my concentration when the waiter asked me what will I order. This woman who named Cecilia keeps staring at me like I'm some kind of painting. I knew my life wasn't that simple, and I knew it was this complicated to begin with but I don't want to be like this. There's an innocent girl waiting for me to be home so she can eat her hamburger, and that's what I need to think about. Not this thing. 

"You can't escape from me, Yonghwa." 

Once I got the paper bag I glared at her, "who dare you to say that you are my woman?" I smirked at her. "You should go back to where you belong." I held her wrist and I can feel my warm blood rushing on my veins. "It hurts?" I glared again. "It'll hurt more and will turn you into ashes if you keep bugging me." I throw her wrist on the air and step out of the burger shop. 


***


"Shinhye," I smiled at her. "Here."

She jumped off the couch where she was busy watching some funny gag shows. I sit beside her and tried to watch those lousy skits. 

"I wonder why you can't even give a smile on the show," she smiled at me while unwrapping her favorite food. 

I closed my eyes and face the ceiling. My hand is still burning and I don't want Shinhye to know this because she might worry again. Yes, I want to depend on her so much especially at this moment but I don't want to give her worries while she is happily eating and watching the show. I don't want to fully depend on her when I know someday I will be the one who can hurt her. It'll be both hard for us. Now that there's a woman telling stupid things a while ago. She knew Royce and maybe this woman can harm Shinhye. "Because it's not even funny." I replied to her. 

"Even it's not funny you should give a little smile." 

"Just eat and watch Shinhye." I said. 

While my eyes were closed I can feel her hand wrapping on mine. I keep my eyes shut and try to calm myself. "I shouldn't supposed to hold your hand but I did." This time I looked at her. "Even if it's not necessary I still did it," she smiled. "Get my point?" 

I smiled at her. "Thank you," I squeezed her hand. 

"For what? You always say thank you." 


I just respond a smile at her. She's right I always say thank you. This is crazy.

 

***


3:56am
June 25, 2014

 

I felt like I am in some dark tunnel and my soul is ripping into pieces. Not again, am I into nightmares again? All I see is darkness and as if the light wasn't going to appear. Shinhye? What about Shinhye? I remembered holding her hand but why am I in this situation? Where's Shinhye?!


Kill her

All I hear are scary murmurs saying that I need to kill her. What the hell is this? Her? Who is her? Kill? Why? I tried to kick everything off the air but they seemed so powerful. I can't beat them. I tried to concentrate and close my eyes. 

I am not a HEXER! I will never be a HEXER. I shouted and opened my eyes I saw the ceiling. Grainy sweats are all over my face, I tried to find Shinhye's hand but even her scent was gone. 

"Shinhye?!" I shouted. I roamed all over the house but I didn't find her. I flip the table because of so much anger and I felt my whole body is firing that anytime soon I'll be a bomb. "Shinhye where are you?!" My throat is getting ripped. Damn, who take her? Royce? That girl Cecilia? I nearly cursed when I saw Royce's name calling on my phone. 

"Where did you take Shinhye? You ing hexer!" I shouted but he just laugh over the line. "I am going to kill you if you do something to her!" 

It is not me that you need to kill, Hexer. He calmly said. We should be killing her.

"What?!" My knees are trembling. 

We should be the one killing Shinhye not us killing each other, my dear brother. He chuckled mysteriously. 

"Shinhye doesn't need to be involve here." I begged. "I'll be a hexer just don't kill her." I'm done, maybe Royce find out already that the mark on my back disappeared and he's making Shinhye suffer from that. "I beg you, brother." I can't stop my tears are falling. 

Be a hexer and kill her. If you don't want, I'll be the one ending her life. He ended the call. 


I fell on the floor right after he ended the line. "Kill?" I chuckled like a crazy. "Why would I, Royce?" I clenched my teeth and gripped my fist. 

 

 

 

"Yonghwa!" 


I heard her trembling voice. Is she crying? Why? Did Royce hurt her? Where? I don't want to see her face, her innocent face getting bruised. I can't forgive myself if she say she was hurt by my brother. I keep hearing her weeping voice and calling my name for couple of times. I can feel her hand shaking my chest as her tears keep dropping. 


"Yonghwa! Please wake up. Don't scare me like this," she screamed and buried her face on my chest. 

Wake up? What's happening? I slowly opened my eyes and saw sunlights streaking on my window. Shinhye is crying on my chest and her beautiful back is more than lively than the sun above. I looked at my hand and I can't feel a thing. I slowly caress her back to stop her from sobbing. I feel sad when I see her crying because of me. She stopped sobbing and faced me, her face looked so swollen but I find her puffy red eyes more beautiful than the flowers in spring. She is crying and I feel sad but her innocence took me again to the different lively world. "Don't be scared, I'm here." I managed to give her a smile. 

She faced me and pouted while her tears are keep on falling. "Are you alright?" She asked.

I nodded and caress her hair. "Stop crying," I smiled again as I sit on the bed to face her nearer. I wiped her tears on her cute red cheeks. She not crying anymore but her tears keep falling, I wonder how she can do that. "I said stop crying."

She slowly embraced me and locked me on her thin arms. Her two hands are intertwined on my back, she rested her head on the middle on my neck and chest. I caressed her hair on the back. "Why I feel so safe in your arms, Shinhye?" I hummed and for the first time I had the chance to kiss her soft scented hair.