Chapter Nine

Beneath your crescent eyes

 

"...beneath your crescent eyes," she said solemnly.

I sighed and unconsciously my hand starts caressing her hair which I just blowed. I've hugged a lot of women, I even kissed almost every night I go out, I even let a lot of woman warm my bed - but in this moment it felt like I am baby who just started to walk. In this moment, I feel like this is the first time I hugged a girl. And the time she kissed me in my cheeks, I felt that was the best kiss I had in my twenty three years of existence. "Then why bothered asking me, if you can just see it in my eyes," I pouted while saying.

She tightened the way she embraced me and she raised her head so she can see me, pouting. She is smiling now, this girl, she cries and then she'll smile like nothing happened. "Because words are powerful, but it can't win over actions. I just want to hear words from you." She stuck her tongue out again and loosen our hug. "Thank you," she said to me.

"About what?"

"For believing me."

I didn't say anything but I replied her with a smile.

"You know, you are the first person who believed me despite of having no reason for you to trust me." She said with pure sincerity in her eyes.

I sat on my bed. "Then in the near future, if I will say something that will shock you I hope you would believe me too, without having a reason also." I smiled at her.

"Something like?" She asked.

"Something like I am Iron Man." I smirked.

She stared at me, geez. Her eyes are asking again, who is Iron Man. I raised my hand. "Sit here." Her forehead is still unrest. I took my phone out. "Let's leave Iron Man behind for now." I chuckled. I turned the front camera of my iPhone and face it in front of our faces.

"That's myself again!" She exclaimed.

My ears are about to fall again. "This is a camera, smile!" She copied the way I smile and seriously I can't wait to brag I am with a goddess with my friends. Or maybe not, because they might hunt Shinhye.

"That's marvelous!"

"I know." I immediately connected it to be printed out. "See, I told you it's a camera." I handed her the picture.

"This is actually my first photograph." She smiled.

"I know," I grabbed my jacket. "You can keep it."

"Really?"

"Of course."

"Can I hang it to this wall?" She asked pointing the wall beside my bed.

"It's okay."


Then I grabbed my keys. Her sight wasn't leaving me though. I looked at her. "What?"

"Where are you going?" She pouted.

"Out." I actually need to go to my work, because I might resign from it because I have a girl inside my roof. I still have money and I think Royce is always around the corner so if I'm out of money I can get some from him, since I know he'll never get off his sight on me.

"I want to come."

"I'll be back as soon as possible. I just have some things to do." I smiled at her.

"What I will do here?" She pouted like a kid again.

"I promise I'll get back before the sun set." I tapped her head and said goodbye.


***


3:34am
June 6, 2014

 


Damn! Alcohol really struck me. Everything I see is spinning but I luckily unlock my door. Damn, my stomach is growling like a tiger. I was just supposed to resign from my work but my friends pushed me to go to night out. I was supposed to be home before the sun set, but darn I arrived before the sun rise. I find my bed and let my body rest for a while.

 

10:36am
June 6, 2014


My head still hurt, but I am better now. I am lying at my bed but I think something is missing. I opened my phone and saw the time. I looked around my unit but the girl, Shinhye wasn't in my house. "Shinhye!" I yelled over the my unit. God damn, I am such an irresponsible person. I was really going home after lunch yesterday but my friends dragged me really hard. I was supposed to be here after lunch. I began to worry about her because she's not from here! God, she is a very innocent person! What if something happened to her? Why did she walked out without waiting for me?
Damn. I immediately grabbed my sweater and keys.


I asked my neighbors if they see her but they didn't. How will I find her? I started my engine and drive faster. My eyes were at the sideways not on the road because I might see her there. My unconscious foot stepped on the break and get out like a mad person.

"Shinhye!" I shouted.

 

She held her left ear with irritation. "Why are you yelling?!" She shouted back.

Damn, I found this girl eating the same hamburger I bought for her. I saw her eating so happily while I was like a mad person worrying about her. "Why did you leave without waking me up?!" It wasn't my intention to shout at her but I am so angry with myself because I let her eat alone. I am yelling because of me, not her.

"I haven't eat since you left yesterday. And I did try to wake you up a thousand times this morning, but you didn't even felt. I am hungry Yonghwa." She said, there was never a hint of sorriness in her eyes.

"What if you get lost, you dummy." I sit in front of her. "I am worried."

"This hamburger is the best food in the world." She took a bite and there again, a small portion of cheese scattered on her lips.

I wiped it off. "Don't leave again like that, Shinhye."

She smirked at me. "Why don't you tell that to yourself?" She grabbed her soda. "You smelled like a rotten rat last night, and you are so heavy."

"You are still awake that time?" I exclaimed.

She continued eating without answering me back. I hold her arm and tried to know what is she feeling. "I'm sorry. Just don't disappear like what happened a while ago." I smiled.

"I can always come back," she smiled and handed me the picture I just printed. "I showed this picture to the girl handed me these food and she knew you."

I smiled, so this girl is really a clever one. "Good that I am popular." I smirked. "But," I grabbed the hamburger on her hand.

She glared at me. "Why!?"

"I really got worried when I didn't see you beside me this morning. Please don't do anything like that." I said to her in sincerity. I felt afraid when I didn't found her scent lingering on my bed. Maybe it was just two days, but it felt like I am with her for two hundred years.