Chapter Thirteen

Beneath your crescent eyes


9:30pm
June 12, 2014


I can't even close my eyes. I can't even calm the way I breath. This is not what I asked for. I want her to sleep soundly but I didn't want myself to be in this position. This is not the freakin first time for me to be with a woman in one bed. This is really not the usual thing because we are just sleeping. I can hear her sweet breaths with her eyes closed. Shinhye is sleeping so soundly now, but I am like this, cannot even close my eyes. She is holding my hand, and I don't want to get out of this also. I wanted this, but I think I am the one will have sleepless nights from this night.

"Shinhye," I whispered.

"Hmm?" She replied.

Damn, she's awake. "I can't sleep," I answered but she never respond. I glanced at her but she was sleeping, maybe she is dreaming again and it's exactly the time I asked her. "I'm happy that you are sleeping like a kid now." I chuckled. She decreased the gap from us because she leaned on my chest, which made my heart beat faster than what I thought it was beating the fastest. She placed her other hand near her head. She looked so fragile and innocent, yet again. She subconsciously caressing my chest that magically made me calm.

As if she poured some pixie magically dust on my chest, I think if I close my eyes I can sleep immediately now.

 

***

 

7:44am
June 13, 2014


"Wake up!" I heard her yelling again.

I slowly opened my eyes and all I can see is her face with her lips curved. "It's too early, Shinhye."

"Breakfast is ready," she smiled at me. "Get up!"

I sat on my bed and I saw my bed was fixed, comforters and pillows are arranged. I don't want to think about it, but it seems that she is a wife that takes good care of everything. I open my eyes and breakfast is ready. Damn. I am thinking about these things and it makes my heart flutter. A wife? Really. I think I need to knock my head sometime. I followed her until the kitchen and again, I am surprised. Two bowl of rice, fried fish and pork. Did she cooked this? How? How did she the stove? The rice cooker?

"You're good," I said.

She sit in front of me and pouted again.

I spooned the rice. "What?" I said while chewing.

"Did you really thought I did all of these?" She smirked at me.

I put down the spoon and face her. "Actually, no." Then she smiled at me. This girl, what's she up to again?

"Good," she smiled. "Because you know I can't do these."

"Then who did?"

"I went outside and made friends on every neighbor." She smiled. "And mothers are so glad to see me and they gave me all of these," she explained to me.

I curled my forehead. "What?!"

"Why? In my times we are doing that."

"You said you are my lover?" It's just a hunch but I think she said that to every neighbor.

"No," she replied.

"Why not?" I pouted, she even boasted that I am her lover of the burger shop but she can't say it to our neighbors? Damn, why?


"Why are you yelling at me?" She stand up. "I was going to say that I am your lover but they said that I am your wife." She yelled at me. "I never thought lover and wife would be in the same boat at this time," she sit again.

"Wife?" I asked. "What made them say you are my wife?"

"I don't know," she sighed.

"I actually don't care what they think about me, but I wonder why you are not angry that they told you beforehand that you are my wife." I sighed back. "You know, wife is a wife. That will never change. It can't be on the same boat with anything else." I explained to her.

"It's okay," she smiled sweetly. "It doesn't hurt me."

I smiled at her. "You are really one of a kind, Shinhye." I gave her a spoonful of fish with rice. "Thank you."

"About the food?"

"Everything," I pretended to be busy with my food but my mind is full of her at this moment.


***


"Where are we going now?" She asked me while I am driving while she is sitted on the passenger seat.

"I don't know," I giggled. "Where do you want to go?" I paused at bit and stared at her. "No, burgers for now."

She pouted, "why?"

"You almost eat burgers everyday. It's very delicious but it's not good for the health." I warned her.

"Then what should we eat now?"

"I'll surprise you," I said.

"If that's a ramen or any kid of noodles, I will never talk to you."


I need to think other food, or else she will never talk to me. I am thinking that she would like ramen but I think I'm wrong. I stopped my jeep on some fancy restaurant. Ever since I resigned and me and Shinhye are always together, I never been so happy go lucky. It's like every day is a vacation. And maybe for today, steak won't hurt. I was thinking too, Royce haven't been making a scene since that day. I wonder what he up to, and the longer the time, the more dangerous the plan he'll make.
As we step on my restaurant, Shinhye was wowed with everything. I let my arm support hers. It's a fancy restaurant after all.

"How much bucks will you splurge in this restaurant?"

"Let's see," I smiled. "Don't worry."

 

"Jung Yonghwa," I heard a familiar voice. I was thinking of him a while ago, now he's here. I grip my arm to held Shinhye's arm tighter.

Royce smiled at Shinhye. "Nice to see you again, Shinhye."


"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

Royce smiled at me too, which I felt really dangerous at this time. What is he up to now? "You are after all my brother, Yonghwa." He tapped my shoulder. "You are after all, a hexer." He smirked and left us there.


As if some voice is streaking my head, which I know it's Royce. He always communicate through my mind. He's gone but his voice still talking to me.
You said you never wanted to be a hexer but you got her, Yonghwa.