Chapter Seven

Beneath your crescent eyes

Please take note of the time sequencing to avoid confusion. 
I guess later, I will not write notes anymore so we can use our analyzing skills. 
This is the first and last note about it. ^^~

Enjoy reading!
__________________________________________________________________

 

 


8:45am
June 4, 2014


I woke up having someone beside me, she looked really different from others. Awful dress, undeniably awful bangs - everything awful compared to the trends in this year. Once she opened her eyes, all I heard were yells and cute voice tones from her. She was really different. 

 

10:33am
June 4, 2014


Completely different when she said she came from the year 1934. Of course, I was shocked. Who would not be freaked out having a scenario on a good morning like this? I tested her, I mocked her, I gave everything for her to say she is just making a fuss - or making a fun out of me. 
I did everything. 
But, she keeps saying I don't believe her so that pushed me to be more entangled with her. 
She keeps saying I don't trust her. 

Honestly speaking, it is not.
Honestly saying, it is not that I don't believe her. 

Honestly, what she's saying was the most thing I want and easy to believe in - in my state. 
It was more easier to believe than believing myself that came from the family of Hexer of Great Divine. Believing that my life wasn't or haven't been normal from the day they made me one of them. 

Honestly, I wanted not to believe her. Because it will hurt me. Just like what I did when I was a little. This girl said believing doesn't hurt anybody and maybe I was mistaking believing into other kind of feelings so it hurts - I didn't argue with her anymore. What does she knows?

I even told her to give just one things for me to be convince, because I am that kind of person. Living being the remaining hexer with Royce are in the basis of evidence. But I am slowly breaking that rule, because honestly I think I am trusting her without any freakin proofs. 
Or maybe - what she was saying was easier than believing what I am. 

 


10:33am
June 5, 2014


Royce called. My dear brother just called me and now he is standing beside me. I dragged Shinhye inside the restroom because I don't want her to get related with Royce - not with my brother. 

"You can do it alone. You are the best, Royce." I said at him. "And I am not really blood related, so basically I a--

"You are. You already got the mark behind you. Since you were a baby." He coldly said as his stares chilled me to death. 

"I don't want to go with you cursing helpless royalties. Let's live normally, Royce." I tried to softened my voice so I can reach his heart, if only he has one. 

He took a small step, his stare never left my two eyes. Again, he's making me do things just by staring at me. "Our grandfathers hunt me every night. Good for you because they can't reach you yet, but once they have gotten into your dreams I guess you will come back crawling to me, Yonghwa." He's wrong, I always dreamt of the lost souls of our generation. Every night, they hunt me also - to come back home and continue being a Hexer. I always wake up every two or three every dawn having the scary faces of them, but I always find a way to forget them - through the help of the world's material sins, alcohol-woman-alcohol. 

"Even they curse me to death, I will never come back, Royce. That's final." I turned around leaving the door open.

"I warned you, Yonghwa. You can't escape from this. Not now." He pointed at my head. Not again, he is doing that thing on me again. My sight is becoming blurry now and my knees are numb. Not again. My eyes are closed but I can still hear murmurs, I don't know who's speaking because voices are low like ants. 

 

"Yonghwa!" 


And then I heard that very well. It is Shinhye's yell calling me. I peeked a little sight and she facing me while I was lying on the floor. Even in a little peek I can see Royce behind her. What just happened? I pretended to be unconscious because I know if Royce knew I am okay despite of what he did to me - he will be surprised just what I am right now. 

"What did you do to him!? You evil mister!" Shinhye cried, I am hearing this so clearly. 

"I didn't do anything to him." Royce said. You liar, you just cursed me being a dead person in a day. I know this, you always do this to me. "Who are you?" He asked. Damn. I hope Shinhye will not the truth. 

"Who are you first?" She hence replied. At the back of my mind, I am smiling. Good girl Shinhye. 

"Are you his lover?" Royce asked again, this man really wants to know everything about me. 

I really wanted to open my eyes but I know this will make everything complicated. Shinhye's hand are still intact on my chest which is really comforting me. There was a mere silence after that. I don't even know what is happening. I peeked very little seeing Shinhye is glaring at Royce very intently. I don't know she was that scary. Right, she came from 1934 so I think lover might sound a ual harassment to her. 

"Don't worry, Yonghwa will make up tomorrow. Don't worry nothing is wrong about him." Royce said and then I heard her heavy footsteps coming out. Thank God, he's now leaving. I might give Shinhye her favorite burger later for saving me. Once I secured all are in normal state, I slowly open my eyes widely. This is the first time Royce's power never run into me. I remember when I was living with him, he always pointed at my head and I will wake up the next day. But now, I didn't feel anything wrong. I sit up on the floor and Shinhye's back is facing me. 

"Shinhye," I whispered. I heard her sobs. I think the word lover really streaked her. "Hey.."

"H-how many t-times I say to you that I am not hey." She said between her sobs. 

I really can't remove my smile looking at her weeping like a kid. "I'm sorry. My brother didn't mean to hurt you." 

"He's your brother?!" Now, she is crying but it can't stop her from yelling. "How can he say those malicious words to me! He is such a disrespectful person!" She cried. 

I tapped her back, she is now wearing one of the dress I bought. Honestly, she looked like an angel - so innocent and sweet. "You know at this year, lover is the same as friend. Completely the same. So don't feel bad about it." I smiled.

"Really?" She stopped from sobbing. "How can it be the same?"

"Come to think of it, you just kissed me in my cheek. Do you think a friend kissing in your cheek existed in your time?" I tried to explain hasty things about her. I think I am going to teach her the opposite of the truth. 

"You are right." Her eyes are still red but those twinkling tears are turning into a sweet smile. "Then if your brother come here and ask that question again, I will say yes."