Chapter Twenty six

Beneath your crescent eyes


"What? Princess? I'm a princess or my name is Princess?!" Shinhye yelled at me with her tears are falling continuously. "I'm from this time not the time I spent my twenty three years? Can you explain clearly to me, Yonghwa?!" 

As well as I don't understand what will happen in the next days, I need to tell Shinhye everything. "Do you want a hamburger?" I asked her. 

She glared at me. "Are you serious? I can't even gulped a thin water now. A hamburger?" 

I tried to smile for her, I actually feel the pain in my heart. Because the time I say that everything is the hexer's fault she will for sure run away from me. I know that will happen, and even she loves me that much I know family weighs more than a hexer like me. Maybe this is the karma of us being a hexer, and I will be the only one who'll gonna suffer from this. We can't love or be affectionate even to animals, it's forbidden from the Hexers but here am I loving a Princess from the Majesty of Grandeur. 

"Was that Cecilia cursed me? Was she at fault for everything I had suffer?" 

I sighed and touched her face. Maybe that is the last time I will feel her warmth. "Shinhye, Hexers cursed your family." I cleared my throat. "We cursed your family."  

"I know that already," she said.

"You don't understand, it wasn't Cecilia that is at fault. It was us. And now, we are bound to kill you." I cried. "Royce will kill you." 

"Are you making me run away from you then?" she looked at me with her most innocent way. 

"Yes, because that's the best thing to do." I nearly didn't spill those words. "I need to push you away." 

"How much selfishness you can possess, Hexer?" Her eyes are the death of me, I broke up with so many girls in a day but being in front of her now feels like dagger right through my heart. 

A mistake made by my forefathers can't be straightened by loving her. Because to begin with, everything is a freak trap. Why did she end up with my bed if she can be with Royce? I should never met her in the first place. "Don't you think loving a hexer like me will just make your families weep?" 

"I don't know them, I don't even know their faces." she said. "But you, I know you. I know your face." 

"You are going to die, Shinhye!" I shouted. "Don't you get that?" 

"I'm not dying." she said so clearly. "No one will harm me." 

"I can harm you," I need to push her away. I need to. Even it is like losing my breath forever, I need to. She's not safe with me, if she'll go to the castle, people there will protect her from Royce. And I will protect her by killing Royce if I need to. I held her hand and try to scare her by my burning hand. I really can feel the fire inside me. "You need to go away." I didn't looked at her, I can't stare at her innocent eyes because I think I can say 'don't go away' instead of 'get lost'.

She raised her hand and touched my cheeks. "Silly," she smiled at me. "Did you forgot that you can't harm me? I can't feel a thing," I think I am the dumbest one, she can't feel a thing but I am dying inside. WHY? Why I can't harm her? Why she can do wonders on me? Is this a trap again? I think my fathers are playing on me. "I will go," after that smile of her she's going to go? I asked for this but why I can't accept? 

I am just staring at her. 

"I'm going now not because you want me to get lost. I'm going to run away from you not because Royce might kill me. I'm going to disappear from you not because you killed my families. And I'm not letting go you of because you are one of them. I'm going to vanish because I don't want you to hurt yourself. I'm going to see you free now, so won't kill yourself." Then she smiled again, that innocent and the most beautiful smile I saw in my life. She caressed my lips and kissed them, softly and elegantly. I've never had that kind of kiss, just her can do that. Just her, the princess that I love even I'm a hexer. "See you again," she lastly said. 

See you again. 

She didn't say a goodbye. She didn't said her farewells. See you again, is there a chances in this world that we will meet again? If I'll seek Royce now and kill him, I guess we won't. But, before that I can always sneak to the castle to see her. I can always see her innocent face before the death of me. 

More than a month. I've known her for more that just a month, I never thought I would love her like this. I wished she was just a girl who time traveled. That would be perfect, not a majesty or something, just a normal girl that time traveled. But everything was messed up. I guess after a month, I'll go back having nightmares and darkness. Even all my life I encountered those, I think can never be accustomed by it. I am more accustomed Shinhye eating overloaded cheese and gonna be scattered on her lips. I am more habituated with her yells and yahoos than being a hexer which I am all my life. When she entered my life, as if I am seeing a long lost love - like even that was the first time I saw her face I felt the aura she possessed was within me all my life. Like I was just waiting for her to come again. 

Maybe all was a trap. 
Loving her, kissing her, protecting her.
All was a trap. 

 


***


11:40pm
October 16, 2015

 

 


Everything has its own limits.
Everything has its own destination. 
Everything has a start and an end.

But what if the thing I thought that was everything reached its limit already when I am just about to start?
What if the thing I thought that was everything already ended its journey?
What if the thing I thought that was my everything is actually fading away?

Can I make another race to extend its limit?
Can I make another life to do what I want to reach?
Can I make and live just another more day to hold my everything?


It's been a year. I never see her after she said see you again. Everyday I have the same questions over and over again and up to this hour I miss her. How I wished she's going to end up sleeping again on my bed tomorrow when I wake up. How I wish.