Chapter Fifteen

Beneath your crescent eyes


There was no one I can asked why and how my mark on my back vanished. How and why Shinhye made all of my being a hexer vanished when she arrived. There is something with Shinhye, I'm sure of that. There is a puzzle I need to complete - who and why Shinhye is with me. I'm sure of now that nothing is an accident. It was not an accident she came on my bed that morning. It was never a coincidence. Shinhye said she doesn't know who she is to me, but for me I know. She is my protector and she saved me. 


***


8:12am
June 14, 2014

I woke up because of my phone that keep on ringing. Shinhye wasn't on my side anymore but I can here utensils keep banging on the kitchen. My close eyes find the phone. "Hello?" It is so early in the morning and my friend keep bugging me. 

You have a date tonight, Jung! He said over the line.

"Why do you keep initiating dates when I'm not even interested?" I said irritably.

I'll send the info. Go there or else you'll regret being a man. He goofily said and ended the call. 


I am going to put down my phone as he sent a message to me, with the details and place. I crumpled the blanket covering me. This guy never learn. I was surprised when someone knocked on our door.

"Shinhye! Let me open it!" I yelled but as I go to the door Shinhye already opened it. It's Royce. 

"Good morning Royce," Shinhye even greeted him when she not supposed to. Did she forget how dangerous Royce is? Did she forget what I said to her? 

"Good morning Shin," Royce smiled. He smiled. He even address Shinhye as Shin. Damn, I've been living with her for weeks but I never call her so informal like that. "Good morning, Yonghwa." He smiled at me too. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked. 

"I cooked breakfast," Shinhye said. "Follow me."

Royce step forward to follow Shinhye but I gripped on his arm. "What do you want Royce?"

"Breakfast?" 

I glared at him. "Stop playing, Royce. Say what you want."

"What's happening is what I want, Yonghwa," he said to me. "Keep it up." 

I lose my temper and bang him on the wall. I glared at him and I can feel my eyes and hands burning, I'm sure he felt the fire on his collar. He exchanged glares and I can see his eyes are firing too. "Don't even lay a finger on Shinhye," I punched the wall and I heard Shinhye screamed. Maybe she was shocked that I am grabbing Royce's collar and the situation now isn't a normal one, "or I will kill you with my hands, I am one of the Hexer of Great Divine after all." I smirked at him. 

Royce glanced at Shinhye and smiled at her. I didn't want to see Shinhye now because my eyes are firing, I don't want her to be scared at me, even she says she's not. In just a blink, Royce disappeared. I slumped my body on the floor, I feel so numb. Shinhye run to me and hugged me. I buried my head on her chest. 

"It's okay, Yonghwa." She said. 

I closed me eyes. How can she just say it is okay? How can she just run to me and hug me like nothing happened? She is beyond my imagination. How can a girl who came from 1934 understand all of these? "Are you scared?" I whispered. A while ago, I felt my head and body is going to explode but when she hugged me, I felt like I am in a river - cold and refreshing. I clung my arm on her petite waist even more. 

"Aren't you hungry?" She hence said. 

"Oh?" I asked. "A bit."

"Let's eat?" she faced me and smiled. 

I nodded like a kid. 

 

I am digging the food Shinhye had cooked for us but she was just staring at me the whole time. Her hand is still on my left shoulder, like she's comforting me. "Don't worry about me now, Shinhye. I'm not hurt." I tried to smile. 

"You're not," she smiled. 

"I think Royce already knew you came from other time."

"Let him be," she uttered. "I'm not scared."

I stopped eating. "No, you need to be scared." I looked at her. "You need to be afraid," I sighed again. "You need to because Royce is better than me, he can kill me. I don't know what is he up to for now but even I don't know I can feel it'll be a danger for the both us when it's supposed to be my harm only." 

"Not going anywhere?" She asked me, completely diverting the conversation. "I heard you talking to someone a while ago."

"A friend keeps bugging me to meet someone tonight." I honestly said. 

"You should go," she smiled.

"What?!" 

"I think you should go, have some fun." 

I don't understand her, the other nights she doesn't even want to be lose in her sight but now she's letting me off to meet someone. Not just meet someone but this is a date and a date leads to something. "You don't want to come with me?" I asked.

"I'm okay here," she said. "I'll wait for you here."

"I don't need to go." I said.

"You should go and buy me a hamburger." 

I pouted at her, "are letting me off so I can buy you a hamburger?" 

She nodded. 

"I'll just go outside to buy you some then." I caressed her hair. 

 

***


It seems that Shinhye wanted us to be normal enough as Royce keeps bugging us. I am not really going to punch him or bang him to the wall but my head went off when he called Shinhye as Shin. I don't want to admit this to myself but I felt really jealous. I don't want to like this but it seems that I felt really jealous when Shinhye smiled with other people. She's so innocent and I don't like people to abuse it. 

"What you know isn't the real," someone said to me while I was waiting for my line. 

I looked around and I saw a very beautiful lady in front of me, she is wearing a white sophisticated dress. It is the first time seeing a lady like her in a burger shop. She looked very beautiful, she's glowing. "Excuse me?" I said.

She lit up a very pretty smile at me, her eyes are shining like stars. In other words, she is really beautiful. "Cecilia," she reached her hand to me. "At last, you're here Jung Yonghwa." 

I didn't made a handshake with her. "Who are you?"

She smiled again, her looks are so deceiving. She stepped forward and whispered right to me ears, her scent felt different. "I am your woman, Hexer," she smirked at me and touched my cold face. 

 

 


__________________________________________________________________


Additional Character:

Cecilia 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________

 

 

I'll keep Cecilia's character hidden for sometime.

I let you my readers guess for now. 

 

 

Happy July everyone!