Chapter Six

Beneath your crescent eyes


I was amazed how she magically eat all what I ordered to her little tummy. I didn't bother to because she might yell on me again, which I really hated. We exchanged the basic informations to each other and based on what she answering me, I really find it so hard to believe - again. 
How many times I said to my mind that what is she now, what she is doing to me are totally out of human control?
But even how many times I point it out are the times I neglected it by looking at her eyes. 

"I'm full!" She excitedly said. "That was the best food I ate for the past twenty three years of my life!" She is really like a two year old baby that learned about the world. Gosh, am I going this girl Mommy? I rest my head in the silky warm couch to have my brain fixed. Of course I can't abandon her, I meant I want her to get in, but not with my entire life. Am I stuck with this situation? Should I just say to this girl that I came from the grandest family so she'll let me go?
No, I think that is the dumbest thing to do - if she is just clinging into me now, what if she knew the family I used to lived was full of power? I am going so crazy right now. 

"Are you sick?" She held my forehead.

"No, I'm not." I grabbed her wrist to let go of her soft skin into me. 

"Then why?" She pouted. 

"I'm just thinking." 

"Thinking about what?" She insisted.

"Thinking about how things will go one from now." I looked at her. "But for now, let's go." I stood.

She stared at me.

"What?" I asked. 

"Can we have another set of this food?" She grinned like a kid. "I might get hungry later." And geez, she just bit her lower lip again. That made me nod.

"I'll get some on the counter." I said.

She stuck her tongue out while doing two thumbs up again. "Yahoo~" 


I stared at her with a what-the-hell-what-you-said look. 

"What?" She smiled.

"Did you just say yahoo?" 

She nodded a couple of times, I don't know if she is trying to be cute or it is just innocence that turned her into a cutie. "Why?"

"Don't try to yell that word again. Nobody use it. Please." I said in a cold face. "Don't even try to think about it. It's irritating."

"The yahoo?" She grinned again, more like she's teasing me.

"Try saying that word again and no burgers to take home." I smirked at her. 

She pouted. "Okay no yahoo from now on." She sulked. God, she said that word again. What a day I'm having!


***

 


10:45pm
June 4, 2014


The drive on our home wasn't that loud anymore. I guess she got tired of yelling nonsense things. It's already late and I can't even seem to go to work tomorrow again. I stopped my car on a boutique because this girl really need to change her clothings. "Let's get you new dresses." I said and turned to her, knowing that she is sleeping so soundly. Her bangs nearly covered her eyes, while her head seems getting lower and lower. This girl is really unfair, she just rest first than me. I was the one who drove her, feed her, even saved her - but she's here sleeping so solemnly. I tried not to wake her up while I put a little pillow on her neck so she would be more comfortable. I stepped out of my jeep and never forget to lock it.

 

***

 

9:39am
June 5, 2014

 

I woke up by this girl, I mean Shinhye's loud voice again. We came home almost midnight because I find a hard time shopping her stuffs. I don't buy things for girls, but yeah, this is the first. I checked my time and it's late. 
Not only that. I even carried Shinhye because she was sleeping like a baby. She didn't even felt that I carried her. What a nice girl. 
First things for a person like me. 
I'm new with these things. 
I don't know. 


"Yahoo!" She yelled again, the most word I don't even want to hear. I don't have such hate on those words but it just so old that I dislike it so much. It's so 1934 I guess? Damn. Here I am again. 

"Shinhye! Please!" I cried out.

"Why? Why? Why?" 

"One why is enough." I sit at my bed. She is still wearing her dress and my sight tried to find the stuffs I bought. "Why are you so loud in the morning?"

"I am just happy that everything wasn't a dream." She smiled. 

I stand up and get all the paper bags. "Here," I said. "Get rid of what you wearing and wear what you want in there." 

She literally jump off my bed and grabbed all the paper bags. "What's these?"


I grabbed her shoulder and lead her to the bathroom. "Maybe you know what are water, soap and shampoo. Go wash." I didn't hear anything from her anymore and I think she knew what I said. Maybe I'll try to google what are the things living in 1934 so I can adjust to her. I heard my phone ringing. I thought it was from work but I'm wrong. It's my very good brother. Choi Jonghoon.
I am Jung Yonghwa, I'm her brother - but never in blood. His family adopted me since I was a child. I actually picked my last name and first name. 

"Why?" I answered him coldly. "What?!" I was shocked with what I just heard. 


"I'm done!" Shinhye came out from the bathroom and there she is wearing one of the dress I picked. She wearing a white with lacy edges. I think it looked good on her, minus her hair - it ponytailed awfully with her bangs yet water are dripping in my floor. 

I was taken aback with my brother when I heard a knock on my door. "Can you hide for a minute?" I said to her.

She pouted. "Why?"

"Just hide in the bathroom again." I dragged her inside and locked it outside. 


Once I secured my unit doesn't have hint of 1934 girl, I ran at my door and opened it. "Choi Jonghoon, what are you doing here?"


He didn't changed at all, he is still wearing her black coat with black tee and pants. All black. "I should be the one asking you that."

"You've heard me back then." 

"Then hear me now, come back. You are my brother, you are one of the hexer of--

I raised my hand to signal him that I don't want to hear anything from him, or about those things."No."

"Jung Yonghwa!" He shouted. 

"I don't care about those. I said that back then. I want to be a normal person."

He gave me a half smirk. "You will never be a normal person, Jung Yonghwa. You and I were the only one that left." He said while tapping my shoulder. 

"Don't include me, I am not a part of that." I coldly stared at him. 

"You are, Yonghwa. You and I were the only Hexer of Great Divine. You can't escape from that, not this time." 

 

 


_____________________________________________________________

BYCE first note.

*Hexer of Great Divine
    - They are the one who possessed the power of death. They can control life by doing curses and black spells to make a land, kingdom, family or even a beggar fall to death. 


_____________________________________________________________

Additional character:

Choi Jonghoon/Royce

* He will be called as Royce more often, only Jung Yonghwa know his real name.

 

_____________________________________________________________

Thank you for the surprising counts of subscribers and upvoters even BYCE is just kicking its start!

Love you all~

 

 

 

*Dokmishin :)