Chapter Three

Beneath your crescent eyes


She went in silence after what I said, I will never lie that I think I hurt her but I meant what I said. Damn, why would I believe her in the first freakin place? I mean no one will believe her for Christ's sake. 

"What do you want? Tell me. You can take all the things here and go. Just don't waste my time." I sighed harder. She sat on my bed but all I see is her back, she is facing the window as the sun rays are hitting her bright face. What will I do with this person? I sat beside her and she was shocked that she made an inch farther. She's not saying anything at all. "Hey.." I tried to calm myself, again. 

"Why everybody find it so hard to believe me?" She asked me. 

I stood on that question of her, I never know her, I never know if she's saying are lies. But the way she asked me feels everybody doesn't really believe her. I don't pity her, but more of I want to understand her. "Here's the thing.." I looked at her. "I still don't believe you." I saw her face expressed certain sadness. "But I will try to understand you." 

"How can you understand me if you don't even believe me?" 

I smiled at her. "Because it is 2014." 

"And?"

"And that dress and hair doesn't exist on this year." I grabbed her wrist but she awkwardly pushed my hand away. 

"Is it okay to be this close in this year?" She asked innocently.

I smirked at her and I tried to face her so near that made her eyes looked so big. "Of course, even kissing means nothing now." I tried to kiss her cheek but something stopped me, I don't even get why I stopped myself. I could kiss hard to anyone, I could do men do. I could do wild things as much as I wanted, but now kissing in her damn cheek means like dying. I smiled at her near. 


But then she kissed my cheek that it feels that it is my first kiss for heaven's sake. I saw her smiling back at me. "You said it's nothing, so I tried." 


Once again, I tried to figure out what this girl doing to me. 


***


"Get in!" I said to her when we reach the garage because I can't leave her in my unit, and she doesn't want to leave alone too. But as we reach the garage she didn't move an inch as if she was glued there. "What are you staring at?" 

She closed her eyes and run to me.
Damn, she embraced me again. 
This girl. 

"I am scared." She mumbled. 

"With that?" 

"Everything.." She looked at me, looking at her eyes, I can really sense a hint of confusion. I don't know what I'm doing now, whether to abandon this girl right on this moment or the other way around. 
Great, I am doing the other way around. I grabbed her wrist, which I was accustomed for two hours now. I guided her and opened for her to sit on the passenger seat. "Sit there." She doesn't questioned me that much but I see that she is not really comfortable with everything. Seriously. I'm getting myself into craziness now.  

I got on the opposite seat and stepped in. I am late on my work. I barely got in on being a car helper because I don't want everyone to know me, that I came from a prestigious family and such. I know about cars and that helped me to get a job, but now thinking I'm going to a wrecked helper later because of the person sitting next to me. I am driving a fancy jeep because I got this by selling all my precious necklaces and stuffs, and even I went away it doesn't mean if I lose some money I can't get back there and lend my hand. "Hey.." I tried to start conversation with this girl.

She glanced at me, and I was distracted with her bangs again. She is still wearing those awful dress. I wish I lend her my shirt before getting her in my car. "Hmm?" 

"What do you mean by everything?" I asked, I am really curious what she meant by that. This girl talked deep, first asking why everybody can't trust her and second that she is afraid of everything. There's something wrong with the word 'every' to her I guess. 

"Everything that I am seeing now." She sighed. 

"Why?"

"You don't believe me, why would I even explain." She said and took her glanced off me. 

Great. Fine. I don't believe her, and I need proofs. "Okay," I sighed. "Let's put it this way, if I was the one sleeping in your bed and I'd say I came from 2014, would you believe me? Would you?" 

"I will see it in your eyes if you are telling the truth, and if yes I would." She glanced at me again. "Because eyes don't lie."

I grinned at her, I don't get her again. "It's not like I have trusting issues here, but I just can't." I realized something. "Hey!"

"I'm not Hey. You always call me hey." She pouted. 

"Why aren't you scared of this like when I gave my iPhone?" I pointed at the mini tv screen inside me jeep. "And this,"  I pointed at the radio beside it." I think this will reveal her identity now. If she's now a thief, maybe this girl just want to cling to me. I don't know, I've seen in time travel movies, people came from different time are shocked on TV and radios.

Her pout turned into a big cute laugh. "I know those." 

"Are there these kind of things on your time?" I blurted and I realized what I said just gave justice that I admit that she really came from that year. Damn Yonghwa. 

"Barely," she smiled. "But I know those stuffs. I know a lot stuffs, I told you I dreamt of these every night." 

 

I stepped to stop my jeep. "Are you playing with me?" Damn, I really think this girl is playing on me. And I want this to end. I clicked the button to unlocked her door. "Get off my car."