Chapter 29

Let's Not Fall In Love (Former Just Another Girl)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D-DAY

It was the day of the Foundation Concert, the most awaited day for everyone in Seungri Arts High School. The whole production had an early calltime. Everyone was already on their way to the venue as early as 8 AM.

Eunyoung was beyond freaked out about her dance number later and it’s not totally helping her that she wasn’t able to notice Junhoe’s text last night. Talking to him was her number one priority as soon as their bus reached the venue.

The first batch of students arrived and they immediately settled in to their assigned waiting rooms and some started to prep up for rehearsals.

Eunyoung’s phone was ringing and she saw it was her father calling her so she answered it.

“Appa, annyeong!”

“Annyeong, Eunyoung-ah!”

“Why are you calling now? Are you on your way to Seoul already?”

“Actually, we’re in Seoul already.”

“WHAT?! But, it’s still early in the morning!”

“I forgot to tell you I had a meeting scheduled at 9AM. Then I have to check some of our clients’ stores here in Seoul. But don’t worry, my love, I’ll make it in time for your concert.”

“Ah, I see. Where are you now exactly?”

“I’m at the parking lot of the arena. We decided to drop by already to get the tickets because you might get very busy later.”

“Wow, you guys came really early!” She exclaimed then laughed. “Okay, I’ll be out in a while. Wait for me.”

“Okay, I will.”

Eunyoung hanged up and then she continued on to find Mark. The students were only given two tickets each for their family members to watch the concert. Eunyoung had four guests—her dad, her Aunt Jungin, her cousin Jisoo and her dad’s special friend. Mark offered her his tickets since he had no one to invite, his family was in California.

“Mark.” She called him out.

“Oh, Eunyoung! What is it?” He asked her, a huge smile on his face.

“Uh, my dad’s outside already.” She shyly said. “Is it okay if I can get the tickets from you, already?” She sheepishly smiled.

Mark found it cute when she was asking him shyly. “Of course, it’s okay.” He then her hair playfully. “Come on, let’s go!” He told her and walked ahead of her. Eunyoung just looked at him for awhile then giggled.

The two made their way towards the parking lot to meet Eunyoung’s dad.

“Appa!” She called out when she recognized her dad standing close by their car.

“Eungyoung-ah!” He called her then opened his arms for a hug, which she immediately did.

“I missed you.” She told him.

“Hey, we just saw each other days ago.” His father laughed. “But, I missed you too.” He then tightened the hug.

“Eunyoung-ah!!!” A familiar voice said. It was her Aunt Jungin who went out of the car with her daughter, Jisoo.

“Oh, Aunt Jungin! Jisoo-ah!” She hugged the two.

“You’re looking pretty good, my dear.” Her aunt complimented.

“Thank you, Aunt Jungin! I’d like to thank you guys for making time for our concert.” She said.

“Of course we’d like to see you dance on stage! We’re really excited!” She smiled at her.

“Wait, are you going with dad later? I heard he has a lot of things to attend to. You can stay inside until concert starts.” Eunyoung suggested.

“No, it’s okay. My mom said she’ll meet an old friend by lunch today. I guess I’m goin’ with her.” Jisoo answered.

“Oh, okay. Well, here are the tickets.” She handed it over to his dad. “Omo! I’m so sorry!” She faced Mark.

“Mark, well, that’s my dad, this is Aunt Jungin and her daughter, Jisoo. Ah, dad, this is Mark, my partner for the duet later. You met him last time actually. And now, he helped me with the tickets.” She introduced them to each other.

“Annyeonghaseyo!” Mark bowed in respect.

“Such a god-looking boy he is!” Her aunt said.

“Omo, thank you, Aunt Jungin!” He smiled.

“We better go now. I don’t want to be late for my meeting. I’m sorry, princess.” Her dad said.

“No, it’s totally fine dad.” She reassured him.

“Alright. We’ll get going now. See you later.” He hugged her shortly and then went straight into the car.

“It was nice meeting your family.” He smiled at her.

“Really?” She asked.

“Yeah, your cousin is really pretty, you know.” He tried to , trying to see how she reacts.

“Are you trying to hit on my cousin?” She asked him.

Seeing her reaction, he smiled widely as if he won the lotto. “Why? Are you jealous?”

She raised a brow at him and answered him confidently. “Not at all.”

Mark was about to answer her when a bunch of girls suddenly approached them.

“Omo! It is indeed Mark oppa!”

“Oppa, I’m a fan!”

“Me too! Me too! I saw you on Who Is Next! You looked really cool there!”

Eunyoung was overwhelmed with the attention. She didn’t expected to meet fans outside the arena this early.

“Thank you.” Mark told them. “Aren’t you guys too early? The concert starts at 7PM.” He asked the fans.

“Well, they said the tickets will be sold by 1PM so we wanted to be early to be first in line.”

“We want to get the seats closer to the stage.”

“You guys really work hard. Thank you for supporting us! And I hope you enjoy the show later.” He smiled at them.

“Of course, oppa, we will!”

“Oh, wait a minute. I know you.” A girl said to Eunyoung.

“Me too. I think I saw her before!” Another one added.

“You’re the one on Who Is Next!” Another girl pointed out.

“Huh? Who Is Next?” Eunyoung wandered. Yes, it was the survival show Junhoe was in but she didn’t really remember coming out on the program.

“Ah, yes, I remember! During the last episode! She was the one who Junhoe oppa hugged tightly at the end after they lost to Team A!”

“Omo! It really is her!”

Now, Eunyoung got what they were saying. She didn’t expect them to know her at all.

“Unnie! Wait, you’re an unnie, right?” One of the girls asked.

Judging from the girls’ looks, they were maybe around 2 or 3 years younger than her so she answered back. “I guess?"

“You really look pretty up close.”

“Are you a student at Seungri too?”

“Will you be performing later?”

She was overwhelmed with the questions but she successfully answered with a simple yes.

“Unnie, what exactly is your relationship with Junhoe oppa? Are you together? Like in a relationship? You two looked pretty close.”

Another girl elbowed her and whispered. “Yah! If she’s dating Junhoe oppa, why would she be here with Mark oppa? That’s weird, right?”

It wasn’t really much of a whisper since Eunyoung understood what the girl said.

“That’s not it.” She waved her hands. “Junhoe is my best friend. We pretty much grew up together that’s why we’re close. And Mark here is my par

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter