Chapter 27

Let's Not Fall In Love (Former Just Another Girl)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where are the marshmallows?” Kahi asked as she was taking out the things they needed or the bonfire.

“Here!” Dony chimed as he took the marshmallows out of his bag.

“And here!” Deukkie said and took some out from his bag.

“Okay. How about the sticks?” Kahi asked them.

“Uhhh…” The twins looked at each other for none of them remembered bringing any stick.

“Don’t tell me you forgot.” She squinted her eyes at them.

“Here, ssaem!” Jackson said as he brought a bag full of sticks together with Bambam.

“Oh, how come you’re the one bringing these?” She asked them.

“Well, we saw them in the couch in the hotel’s lobby. We figured out it was for tonights bonfire.” Youngjae said.

“So, none of you actually listened to me earlier when I told you to bring the sticks as well?” Kahi glared at the twins.

Both gulped, scared of Kahi’s fury. They both smiled sweetly and apologized.

“Aigoo. Good thing Jackson and Youngjae brought these. Thank you boys!” She said.

They smiled at her and left to join their group.

Junhoe, who was seated thirty feet away from Eunyoung, was just staring at her from a distance. She was all smiles as she talking with Hyejeong and Haeryung. He wanted to walk up to her and apologize for what he did but he can’t pull himself to do so.

“Seriously?” Hanbin asked as he was just about to pass by Junhoe.

“What?” Junhoe lazily looked at him.

“Until when are gonna stare at her?” He asked.

Knowing what Hanbin meant, Junhoe just shifted his head to some other direction. Hanbin sat beside him and offered him a drink.

“You know, saying sorry is not that hard.” Hanbin said.

“Easy for you to say.” Junhoe replied and opened the drink.

“What are you even waiting for?” Hanbin asked.

Junhoe stopped for a moment and asked himself too. What was he waiting for? More boost of confidence? Well, that wasn’t really a good reason.

“Tell me, Junhoe-ya. What’s making it so hard for you to go talk to her and apologize?” Hanbin’s already serious tone got more serious.

“I…I don’t know.” He furrowed his eyebrows. “I know I’m a guy full of pride and all that but this time, I know and I want to say sorry to her but something’s not right. I just can’t seem to approach her like I always do."

“There has got to be a reason behind that.” Hanbin pointed out.

“I know. I just can’t explain what it is.” Junhoe said and took a gulp of his drink.

“I think I do…” Hanbin smiled to himself.

“What?” He asked him, directly looking at his eyes.

“You’re starting to look at her in a different way.” He answered.

“What type of way?” Junhoe asked.

Hanbin giggled. Aigoo, Junhoe. Until when are you going to play blind?

Hanbin looked at Eunyoung and smiled. “Maybe she’s not just your bestfriend anymore, Junhoe. You’re starting to look at her beyond friendship that you’re nervous of apologizing. What if she doesn’t forgive you? You’re afraid of that. If you’re just friends, you’d be confident that she will and you know that. But now, you’re not sure anymore and you’re afraid.”

“What are you saying?” He furrowed his eyebrows.

“Answer me honestly, do you have feelings for her?” Hanbin asked.

Me? Have feelings for Eunyoung? Junhoe thought.

“Why can’t you answer me, Junhoe-ya?” Hanbin smirked.

“What’s with the smirk?” He asked back.

“It’s because you thought about it before you even answer my question. It means you really are taking this seriously.” He said.

Junhoe was annoyed with how their leader was interrogating him but at the same time, there was a part of him that wonders about his questions.

“You’re one lucky guy, Junhoe.” Hanbin told him.

“Why?” He asked.

“There’s someone that you like.” Hanbin smiled.

“Shut up, I didn’t say I like her!” Junhoe yelled at him, causing the other people to look at them.

“Sorry!” Junhoe told them and went back to his conversation with Hanbin in a moderate voice.

“I didn’t say I like her.” He said.

“Okay, you don’t. But let’s just say you do. Let’s imagine that you like her.” Hanbin said and shifted his gaze to Eunyoung. “She’s a precious girl. You’ll never---“

Before Hanbin could continue on his sentence, Junhoe cut him off.

“Wait, do you like her?” He asked him.

“What? No, I don’t.” Hanbin shook his head.

“Why are you suddenly praising her?” Junhoe asked.

“Can you please just listen to me and let me finish on what I have to say before you give out your opinions?” Hanbin raised both of his eyebrows, very eager for this little brat to shut up for a while and just listen to what he has to say.

“Okay, fine.” Junhoe said.

“Eunyoung is definitely a one of a kind girl. You agree with that, right?” Hanbin said.

Well, she’s not just some other girl out there. She’s my bestfriend. She’s the only girl I could argue with forever and still be my friend. She hates me and that’s a mutual feeling but we’ve got each other’s back. He thought. “Yeah, she is."

Hanbin glanced at her once again. “Eunyoung has, is and will always be just a friend to my eyes. Yes, she’s a lovable girl but I know my limits.” He laughed. “Do you even realize how lucky you are? You’re that girl’s bestfriend. I pity the guy who’d end up with her though.”

“Why so?” Junhoe asked.

“Well, he’d have to deal with you, of course. He just can’t court and be Eunyoung’s boyfriend without you interrogating and choking him until he’d give up.” Hanbin joked.

“Well, yeah, I’d do that, most probably.” Junhoe answered.

“Just like how you’re supposed to do with him, actually.” Hanbin pointed out as Mark approached Eunyoung and sat beside her.

Just the sight of him, angers Junhoe. Mark, to him before, was just a mere rival in the industry that he didn’t really care about. But the moment Mark entered Eunyoung’s world, everything was different.

“Getting furious now, aren’t you?” Hanbin joked, earning a glare from Junhoe. “You know, feeling angry towards Mark isn’t really gonna affect something unless you too, start moving.”

“What do you mean?” He asked.

“Mark is the silent guy but is charming and very gentleman. Meanwhile, you’re the talkative brat with a very arrogant attitude.” Hanbin told him.

“Not a single compliment? Really?” He asked in sarcasm.

“Okay, so umm, you’re the chic, blabbermouth, tough guy??? Okay, I tried.” Hanbin gave up in finding a better description for Junhoe.

“That works for me. Okay, so now, what’s your point?” He raised a brow.

“You two are very different from one another but you know, you do have a similarity.” Hanbin said.

“What?” Junhoe asked.

“You both like the same girl.” He then pointed out to Eunyoung.

Junhoe sighed. “For the nth time, I did not say I like her.”

“You say so.” He said, still not believing him. “But remember one thing Junhoe-ya… You won’t realize how precious something is until it’s gone.” Hanbin tapped Junhoe’s shoulder. “Let’s try something out. If she approaches you later during the bonfire, I’d say you have a chance and if she doesn’t it means you just have to bear seeing them together.” He glanced once more at Mark and Eunyoung and then left Junhoe.

Junhoe felt weak with what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter