Chapter 12

Let's Not Fall In Love (Former Just Another Girl)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I heard someone was with Mark Tuan yesterday.” Haeryung exclaimed, trying to tease Eunyoung. “Good thing we weren’t with her. Right, Hyejeong?” She asked, making her voice louder on purpose.

“Yeah, right.” Hyejeong winked at Haeryung.

“Are you guys teasing me?” Eunyoung glared at them.

“Were we too obvious?” Haeryung chuckled.

“DUH!” She scoffed.

The girls paused and looked at each other. Then, they burst into laughter.

“Oh please, that was nothing.” Eunyoung said as they continued on walking.

“Really? Because you both are hot on discussion board since last night.” Hyejeong said as she was scrolling on her phone.

“What?!” Eunyoung exclaimed.

“Let me see!” Haeryung grabbed Hyejeong’s phone from her hand.

“Yes babe, you’re hot news.” Hyejeong said.

Seungri Arts High School also has an underground website. Only students are able to access it. So, if rumors spread, it’s still safe because even though some trainees are already popular, their fans won’t be able to know such rumors. What goes out on the website, stays on the website.

“Is Mark going out with Eunyoung?” Haeryung read the caption of the picture where Eunyoung and Mark were waiting for the elevator. “Wow! Everybody at school must have heard about this by now.”

Eunyoung was still in a state of shock. She wasn’t really good at handling rumors and stuff.

“Look, there are a lot of replies on that tweet.” Haeryung said and read some.

 

“@bbjungie: Really?! Well, that escalated quickly. It’s still 3 weeks since the school year started.”

“@minjungahn: IS THIS TRUE OMG!!!”

“@PARKyejin29: @minjungahn I’ve been hearing rumors that they knew each other even before Eunyoung entered our school!”

“@cutiekyungri: Saw Mark coming down from the rooftop one night then when I went there, Eunyoung was there!”

“@xxkihoonxx: Guys, it is obvious that they’re together! She’s wearing his company hoodie!”

“@helloitsyura: It’s a sad day for those who like Mark oppa! But, I heard Eunyoung unnie is cool so it’s okay for me!”

 

“Omo! What to do?” Eunyoung mentally panicked as they reached the school’s gates.

“Wait a minute.” Hyejong pulled them both to the side.

“Before we enter, you must tell us the truth.” She said.

“Yes, we’re your friends. You can trust us.” Haeryung added.

Both of them were anticipating Eunyoung’s answers with matching twinkling eyes.

Eunyoung let out a sigh and answered them. “No. I am not going out with Mark Tuan.”

“Are you telling the truth and nothing but the truth?” Haeryung asked.

“Yes.” She straightly answered.

“Okay, we believe you.” Hyejeong smiled at her.

“But, when time comes and you’re really dating Mark Tuan, it’s okay for us. We approve him! Because duh! On a scale of 1-10, Mark Tuan is a 9.5 but you can round that off to 10!” Haeryung exclaimed.

“Yah! You babo!” Hyejeong playfully slapped her and the girls laughed at Haeryung’s remarks.

The three made their way to their room. As they were walking, some people were staring at them. Some just glanced. Almost everybody are aware of the news, well, rumors at least. Once something goes out on discussion board, it goes viral in just a short span of time.

“Well, this is awkward.” Eunyoung said.

“Get used to it, Eunyoung. This is how a celebrity’s life feels like.” Haeryung joked, trying to ease up the mood.

The girls entered the room and were welcomed by curious stares.

Eunyoung immediately saw Mark and wondered if he too knew about this.

Classes went by and it was already lunch time.

“I haven’t saw Junhoe and the others. Jennie and her gang too! Is there something at YG?” Hyejeong asked.

“I saw Bobby earlier and he said they have monthly evaluations at YG today.” Haeryung said.

“Oh, that’s sad. It’s Major Day today. Well, I hope they do well. ” Hyejeong said.

“The boys? Or Jennie and her group?” Haeryung asked.

“Is that even a question?” Hyejeong asked back and the two laughed at her remarks.

That brat didn’t even send a single text. Pft! Eunyoung thought, pertaining to Junhoe.

Dance class went smooth today. Kahi was the one who took over this time. She just taught them an easy choreo. Then emphasize on the techniques she used to execute the choreo flawlessly. Hyejeong and Haeryung went to their acting class for now so Eunyoung was all alone back in dance class.

It didn’t take long for Eunyoung to take her shower. As she was putting her training clothes in her bag, she saw Mark’s hoodie. She was supposed to give it back to him earlier, but she forgot to.

Eunyoung went to the boy’s shower room. But of course, she only waited outside. Lots of guys were already coming out, but none of them was Mark Tuan.

“Aigoo. How long does he shower?” She sighed.

Then suddenly, Mark went out.

“Excuse me.” Eunyoung called out.

Mark just looked at her, waiting for her to continue talking.

“I just wanted to return this to you.” She handed the hoodie. “Thank you.”

Mark stared at her. She was wondering why he wasn’t accepting it.

“Aren’t you even gonna wash it?” He asked.

Oh right! Crap! She thought. “I’m sorry. I forgot. I guess, I’ll it back to you, after I wash it.” She bowed then was about to leave but then she remembered there was still one thing she’d like to ask.

“Ah, Mark?” She called out. Then he turned to her.

“A-are you aware of the r-rumors about us?” Shy shyly asked causing for her to stutter.

“Yes.” He replied shortly.

“Then, why don’t you seem bothered by it?” She asked again.

Mark walked slowly towards her. By now, they were only inches apart. “Are you bothered by it?” He asked back.

Eunyoung got taken aback by his sudden counter attack. She tried to organize her thoughts. Was she really bothered by the rumor?

No, I’m not. She thought. I just don’t want the attention I’m getting and… I’m afraid this might affect your image as a future idol.

She didn’t know why she couldn’t say those so she just shook her head.

“So, if you’re not bothered by it, just let it be. They’re only rumors. If you try to deny it then people would talk about it even more. Just let time pass by and it will all be forgotten.” He said.

As usual, it was a wise answer from him.

Eunyoung was left speechless. Mark already left without waiting for her response.

“Sometimes, I really hate how cool you can be.” She muttered, referring to Mark.

Meanwhile in YG Building…

It was probably one of the saddest days for the boys. After their evaluation, YG dropped a huge bomb on them. They were about to enter another survival program. This time, it’s called Mix & Match. Only three of them were confirmed members and the others have to compete for the slots left together with the new members, Chanwoo and Jinhyeong. Everybody was in an emotional breakdown, even the confirmed members. But they tried their best to calm themselves up to not pressure the new members.

“Great! Another survival show.” Junhoe exclaimed, sarcastically. But deep inside, he was about to break down. He’s so frustrated that YG still don’t trust him as much as he trusts the other members.

“One of the staff noona told me that we’ll be excused for our Wednesday classes.” Jinhwan told them.

“Cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter