Chapter 20

Let's Not Fall In Love (Former Just Another Girl)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Can you guys tell me what’s wrong?” Kahi questioned them as she stopped the music from playing. “We’ve been practicing the routine for days now and you guys just can’t execute it well!”

Mark and Eunyoung both hung their heads low in shame and despair.

“Eunyoung! Do you want to make Lalice regret over giving up her chance to you? You feel so… forced? I don’t even know how to describe it!” Kahi massaged her forehead.

“And you, Mark! Where is the guy who auditioned in front of us? Where did he go, huh? Why are you restraining yourself?” Kahi sighed.

“We’re sorry, ssaem.” They muttered.

“You guys are doing a contemporary hip-hop dance duet! As complicated as it is, duets are supposed to tell a story and yours is a romantic one! Is it that hard to act like you’re in love with each other?”

The atmosphere inside the studio was getting really heated. Kahi has never been frustrated with her students before. She took a glance at them and saw how terrified and sorry they were. Kahi felt guilty; maybe she went overboard with them.

“Okay, I will be in Japan for the next five days for a workshop tour. Use those days to perfect the routine. And if you still can’t after the time I have given you, I’m afraid we might have to replace you. Got that?”

“Yes, ssaem!” They bowed.

Eunyoung was lifeless ever since they were scolded by Kahi today. She doesn’t know why she looked forced in the entire routine. She was sure she was giving it her all. What was wrong?

“Yah, what’s wrong?” Hyejeong and Haeryung sat down on the stairway steps beside Eunyoung.

“I screwed up…again.” She sighed.

“Aigoo. What did she say was wrong this time?” Haeryung asked.

“She said I looked forced.” She pouted.

“Really?” Hyejeong asked.

“Yes. But I don’t know it comes out that way. I’m sure I was giving it my all.”

“That’s what I don’t like about dance duets. Usually, it’s about romance and when it is, you have to be really in love with your partner or at least act like you are!” Hyejeong said.

“Yeah, I find it really hard too. But, when you were doing it with Junhoe, you seemed to have no problem with dance duets.” Haeryung said.

“Well, that was different. We’re doing a bit of contemporary steps right now and besides, that was Junhoe, my bestfriend.”

“Bestfriend…” Hyejeong said in sarcasm and sent a malicious look at Haeryung who did the same too.

“What? Are you guys questioning my friendship with Junhoe now?” Eunyoung bickered.

“Not really, it’s just that you guys look too good together to just be bestfriends.” Haeryung said.

“I was dying to ask you about your relationship but you keep on insisting that you guys are just bestfriends.” Hyejeong argued.

“Because we are!” Eunyoung defended.

“Oh really? Because from the way he looked at you while he was carrying you half-asleep in his arms last night, it looked like it was more than friendship between the two of you!”

“What? He did what?” Haeryung asked Hyejeong.

“Well, this girl right here went out without telling me where she was up to. Then, Junhoe and Donghyuk knocked on the door and there she was asleep in Junhoe’s arms.”

“Oh really? Omo! That’s so cute!” Haeryung giggled.

“Shut up, you two. That’s just a normal thing between friends!”

“Yeah, two people pretending to just be ‘friends’.” Haeryung sent a knowing look to Hyejeong.

“You know Eunyoung, if there was a ‘thing’ between you two, you could always tell us.” Hyejeong told her.

“She’s right. We’re your friends and we’ll support you no matter what.” She held Eunyoung’s hand.

Truthfully, Eunyoung was annoyed and touched at the same time. She was annoyed because she had a feeling she was about to expose something she wasn’t supposed to. She was touched because she knew she could trust these people and now she finally decided to open up to them.

“Are you sure you guys won’t judge me?”

“Oh please, we’re the last people to judge you whatever happens.”

Eunyoung took a deep breath. The thing she was about to say to them was a secret she kept for so long just to herself. It was really uncomfortable for her to let others know but she thought this might be the thing that was holding her back up to this moment. Maybe this was the reason why she looked forced when she danced with Mark. And that reason was…

“I liked Junhoe. I used to like him.” She closed her eyes and bit her lip in anxiety.

Haeryung and Hyejeong’s mouth gaped as wide as possible. Somehow, they were expecting for something like that to come out but hearing it directly from Eunyoung was just priceless.

For a moment there was no sound coming out from anyone of them. Eunyoung took a peek and the two were still shocked with the recent information they have just received.

“Girls?” She tapped both of them.

“OH MY FREAKING GOOOOOSH!!!” Haeryung screamed.

“I TOLD YOU SHE LIKED HIM!!!” Hyejeong slapped Haeyung’s arm and the two were freaking out towards each other.

“Geez, please calm down! Others might hear you!” She tried to shush them.

“Sorry!” Both of them stopped then came back to giggling.

“Oh my gosh, you liked him!!” Haeryung said.

“Yeah, I used to like him.” She emphasized on the words “used”.

“Huh? Why did you stop liking him?” Hyejeong asked.

“Because he’s my bestfriend.” She told them.

“WHAAAAT?” They frantically asked.

“That is not a reasonable excuse.” Hyejeong pointed out.

“Well, for me, that is.” Eunyoung shrugged.

“There must be some kind of a story behind that.” Haeryung pointed out.

“There is.” Eunyoung said.

“Then tell us!” Hyejeong said.

“Are you sure you want to hear it?” She asked them.

“YES!!!”

FLASHBACK

Today was Junhoe’s 13th birthday. Little Eunyoung was excited for her surprise to him. She bet he’d like it.

The two of them were chatting at the backseat of the car on their way to school.

“Hey, did you know that Jisung confessed to Arin yesterday?” Junhoe asked.

“Really? That’s sweet!” She replied nervously. Did he know she was about to confess too?

“Sweet?” He mocked. “That is like the most awkward thing!”

“Why would that be awakward?” She asked.

“Because they’re close friends! You never confess to your friend! That is just against the rule of humanity.”

“Is that so?” She replied, feeling a bit hurt inside. Wouldn’t he like if she was to confess her true feelings for him?

Even if they were still young, Eunyoung was sure she liked him. It wasn’t love, just a huge amount of attraction that led her feelings for him. He was fun to be with and Eunyoung was always happy around him even if they bicker most of the times.

“I pity Jisung. Arin doesn’t like him back.” Junhoe said.

“He’s a nice guy. Why doesn’t he like her?” She asked.

“It’s because they’re just friends. No more, no less” He said firmly.

Ouch. She heard her heart spoke.

“Po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter