Chapter 14

Let's Not Fall In Love (Former Just Another Girl)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm so sorry it took me long to update. But here it is! And so far, this has been my longest chapter. I think the reason why I've written this long is that I recieved 19 comments from the previous chapter. Thank you so much guys! You don't know how happy I am because of that. I hope you won't get tired of posting your comments. I appreciate them (I really do!) even if I don't reply to some. =( Anyway, back to our story!

 

Pain demanded to be felt, and so she did.

Days have passed by; Eunyoung and Junhoe were still on bad terms. This was probably the worst fight they have been through. It did not only affect them but also their friends. Team B, or shall we say iKON, decided to eat at another table during meals to avoid unwanted confrontations.

“Eunyoung, are you okay?” Hyejeong asked as they were walking towards school on a sunny morning. She asks her from time to time if she’s feeling better and the answer was always the same.

“No.” She sighed.

“We’ve been quiet of the issue for a few days now. I really think we should fix this.” Haeryung pointed out.

“Haeryung, it’s not our issue.” Hyejeong reminded her.

Deep inside, Eunyoung felt guilty. Hyejeong was right; it wasn’t their issue to solve but they too, are affected. She noticed how the guys have been distant to them. She didn’t want the girls’ friendship with the guys to falter like how hers and Junhoe is starting to.

“I’m sorry, girls. It must be hard for you too.”

“Don’t mind us, Eunyoung.” Hyejeong said.

“It’s hard for us but we’re sure that it’s harder for you. We just want you to solve this with Junhoe as soon as possible. We don’t want to see you sad, the both of you.” Haeryung added.

Haeryung is right. Enough with the drama. I was always the mature one between Junhoe and I. I think it’s time to talk. Eunyoung thought.

“I’ve decided. I’ll talk to him one of these days.”

“Now, that’s our girl!” They cheered.

It was still early and there were still a few students at school. GOT7 entered the room and everybody was shocked that Mark Tuan had a bruise on his left cheek. Eunyoung knew exactly why.

“Hey!” Haeryung whispered. “What’s with the bruise?”

Hyejeong shrugged. She might know a lot of stuff about school and the students but she wasn’t informed about this one. Actually, Mark was a no-show at the dormitory after the incident with Junhoe so no one knew he had a bruise, until now.

Eunyoung was shocked and so, she approached him.

“Omo…I’m sorry.” That was all that she could say.

“No need to say sorry.” He reassured her.

“What happened to him?” Haeryung asked Youngjae.

“Hyung said he slipped off the staircase.” Youngjae said. Eunyoung was surprised he didn't tell them the truth.

“Then why is Eunyoung saying sorry then?”

“I don’t know either.”

“Why are you saying sorry, Eunyoung?” Jackson asked.

“Huh?” Realizing that Mark hasn’t told them about Junhoe yet, she didn’t know how to explain it.

“She playfully pushed me, that’s why I slipped.” Mark explained.

“What? You pushed him?” Hyejeong asked.

“You were together?” Haeryung asked.

“Why were you on the staircase when we have elevator?” Bambam asked.

Too many questions were asked and the two got lost that they couldn’t answer them. Good thing, their homeroom teacher arrived so everyone settled into their seats.

For acting class, 12-B’s teacher wasn’t in school so they’ve merged with class 12-A. Since there were many people had to be accommodated, they’ve moved into the dance studio. Now, Junhoe and Eunyoung had to be in the same class.

“Hi, kids! For today, Mrs. Yang is out because her husband is in the hospital so I’ll be taking care of both sections for now.” Miss Park explained. “Good thing you guys have the same schedule for acting class. Okay, so 12-A on my right side please and 12-B on my left.”

“Since I don’t know where Mrs. Yang has reached on her discussions, we’ll do various exercises for today. Now, we aim to boost our confidence because in our industry, lots of roles will be given but one has to be ready and confident enough to accept it. Because in acting, there are only two roles. Either you go for the safe one, or the daring one.” She smirked, causing excitement to the class.

“Aren’t dramas and movies boring without a couple in it?” She asked.

“Yes.” The class answered.

“It would be much better if there would be a couple, right? Now, how about a little kissing scene?” She seductively asked.

“Ooooooh!!” The guys cheered. Apparently, some erted minds were asking for a kissing scene kind of activity. Some people just facepalmed themselves with their classmates’ silly reactions. And some were quite nervous for Miss Park was known to be the most provocative and aggressive one among the faculty members.

“I want you guys to pair up with the opposite . For those who don’t have partners stay on the side and we’ll have others to retry the activity with you guys.”

Eunyoung immediately thought of Junhoe but then she remembered they were still not in good terms so she decided to become one of those who’d stand on the sides until someone grabbed her hand.

“Hey partner! Where do you think you're going?” Mark asked her.

Eunyoung was shocked with what he did and what he just said. She pointed at herself to confirm if it was really her he's asking to be his partner.

"Yes, you." He firmly answered.

“Huh? Why me?” She asked. Honestly, she wanted to avoid being partners with Mark for today. Junhoe was in the same class as them and she didn’t want him to misunderstand things anymore.

“I don’t have a lot of girl friends. And right now, you’re the closest one.” He told her. His eyes spoke nothing but sincerity.

If that’s the case then Eunyoung had no choice but say “Okay. I’ll be your partner.”

“Are you all settled now?” Miss Park asked. And it seemed like everybody had their partners already and the ones that didn’t get a partner were all on the sides.

Eunyoung looked around to check who’s with whom. Hyejeong was with JB, Haeryung was with Donghyuk and Junhoe was with….....Jennie.

It was selfish but Eunyoung would rather have Junhoe stay on the sides than having his own partner. She didn’t like seeing him with her.

“Please sit down.” Miss Park ordered. “I guess all of you are aware of the pepero game, right?”

“OMO!!!”

“WOOAAAAH!”

Certain reactions came out from the class. It was either excitement or disgust.

(A/N: To those who don't know what pepero game is...)

“Of course, I won’t have you guys kiss your partners! We will play the pepero game to test your limits. I’m not encouraging you to kiss though. This is not a graded activity so take it lightly, okay?” She explained.

“Yes!” The students answered. Even if the teacher told them to take it lightly, the students already had gone crazy in excitement with the activity.

“Okay, first batch!”

Five pairs have stepped up and Hyejeong and JB were one of them.

“Hyejeong-ah, Jaebum-ah, fighting!” Their friends cheered for them.

“Sijak!” Miss Park signaled the go sign and the couples started to chew down onto their pepero stick.

Jisoo and Bobby won in the first batch. They were so close to kissing. Jisoo was so professional about it while Bobby was the giddy one.

“Second batch!” Miss Park called out. Junhoe and Jennie were one of them.

“Sijak!” Miss Park shouted.

Before Jennie started, he eyed on Eunyoung. She knew that Eunyoung and Junhoe had a fight and this was totally the best time to .

She did not just… Eunyoung thought.

“Eunyoung, I’m totally fine if you back out. This activity is insane. I’ll understand if you don’t want to do it.” Mark told her.

“Thank you for understanding, Mark. I’m really uncomfortable doing this. I’m so sorry.”

Eunyoung was supposed to say that to Mark when Jennie shoved her face into Junho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter