Chapter 18

Let's Not Fall In Love (Former Just Another Girl)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Announcement: All students please proceed to the Gym at this moment. Thank you!” A voice over the Public Announcement System has said.

“Why are they calling us so suddenly?” Eunyoung asked her friends.

“I don’t know.” Haeryung shrugged.

“It must be for the upcoming Foundation Week.” Hyejeong said.

“Oh! You’re right! The Foundation Week is just 2 months away.” Haeryung recalled.

“Foundation Week?” The questions from the clueless Eunyoung continued.

“Well, on Foundation Week, we commemorate the beginnings of our school. I think it’s already 30 years since Seungri have been established.” Hyejeong said.

“I heard it’s going to be really special this year.” Haeryung added up to the excitement.

We never had this in my old school though. Eunyoung thought. But she was surely excited to experience something new again at Seungri.

The students have gathered in the Gym and everyone could feel the hype with all the chattering going around.

“May I have your attention please?” The principal asked through the microphone. Some of the faculty members were in front for they were about to orient the students about the upcoming events for the Foundation Week.

“Seungri Arts High School will be having its 30th Anniversary in 2 months. With this, we are asking for your full cooperation to make the whole event successful. May I ask Miss Kahi to further orient our students?” The principal handed the microphone to Kahi.

“Since it’s already our 30th year, we can assure you that this year’s Foundation Week will be more special than our previous ones. I shall now announce the different activities to be done on the said week.” She said and enumerated the events.

Eunyoung was happy just by listening to what Kahi has to say. She was sure that this one would be another memorable experience for her, especially when it is one of her firsts.

“More details about the activities will be further announced. All the students may go back to their classroom except for the 12th graders. Please stay so that we may discuss on the Foundation Concert.”

Concert? Woah, that sounds fun. Eunyoung thought.

“As most of you know, the Foundation Week starts with the traditional Foundation Concert. All 12th graders and some remarkable students are to partake the concert, may it be on-stage or off-stage. This will be also a chance to those who aspire to enter an agency for some entertainment representatives will be on the show. All the proceeds of the said concert will be given to our beneficiary, the Kids Cancer Institute.”

Eunyoung smiled at the mention of a beneficiary. She finds it very kind of the school to actually do something for a cause. Now she was more than ecstatic to participate.

“We are also to hold the event in a bigger arena since we are expecting a lot of people to come. The press and tVN’s Mix and Match will be there to cover and film the whole show so we expect you to work really hard on it.”

Mix and Match? Wait, that’s the survival show iKON is in. Eunyoung thought.

“The faculty has already come up with the program flow and some students have already been chosen to do a specific performance. There are also many slots left. So, for those who are interested, you may join the auditions tomorrow on the afternoon.” With that Kahi announced the different segments of the show.

“A series of performances will be our opening act. The songs will be from the artists who have are alumni of Seungri Arts High School. GOT7, iKON, YG girl trainees and Brian Kang will do the opening.” Kahi continued on talking.

“And for the last act, it would be a dance duet. The male slot is still open and for the female, may I ask Joo Eunyoung and Lalice Manoban to meet me after this. That’s it for now. Please be guided with the future announcements. Thank you.” Kahi said and ended the short assembly.

“Me?” Eunyoung pointed at herself.

“Yes, you!” Haeryung shook her in excitement.

“You’re going up against Lalice now. Heol~~ daebak!” Hyejeong said.

“Lalice is the best female dancer in our batch. I can’t believe the faculty is having doubts now.” Haeryung told them.

“Hey, don’t think like that. Maybe because I did a dance duet during my application video that’s why they think I can do it.” Eunyoung said, being the usual humble girl she is.

“Eunyoung, ssaem is already waiting for you. Go ahead!” Hyejeong pointed to Kahi.

Eunyoung walked towards her and Lalice followed closely.

Oh, it’s the cutie Thai girl again. Eunyoung smiled at her.

“I’ll be honest with you ladies. The faculty had a hard time in chosing which one of you would be the female lead for the act. So, I suggest you come to the auditions tomorrow to battle for the position. Is that okay?”

“No need for that, ssaem!” Lalice smiled.

“Why?” Kahi asked her.

“I think it’s better if Eunyoung do the act. I believe she’s better at dance duets than me.” Lalice glanced at her and smiled. “Besides, the monthly evaluation in the company is the week before the concert. I don’t think I can fully commit to the position. I’m sorry, ssaem.” Lalice bowed in sincerity.

“Is that so?” Kahi thought about it for awhile. “Okay, I think this will be convenient for all of us, right?” She asked them for assurance.

Lalice nodded but Eunyoung had doubts for awhile.

“Eunyoung?” Kahi called her.

“Ah, yes, ssaem!” She said.

“Okay, then. I’ll go now. Annyeong!” Kahi walked off.

“Congratulations! I know you’ll do a great job!” Lalice tapped Eunyoung’s shoulder.

“Thank you.” That was all she could reply.

“Lalice!” One of the YG girls called her out.

Lalice waved and left off to her group.

“So, who’s going to do act?”

“Eunyoung.”

Eunyoung could vaguely hear their conversation from her position. The girls weren’t actually that far from her.

“Why? What happened?”

“I gave up on the position.”

“Are you crazy?!” Jennie yelled at her.

“Unnie, just let it go. We have more important matters to attend to. Like our opening act for the concert and the monthly evaluation.” Lalice tried to shift her attention.

“Lalice is right. We’re kind of busy right now.” Jisoo agreed.

“Come on, let’s go back to the classroom before the bell rings.” Hana told them.

Eunyoung felt guilty with Lalice giving up the position without putting up a good fight. She saw how Jennie was frustrated at her. Now, how can she do a great job if her consci

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter