Chapter 28

Let's Not Fall In Love (Former Just Another Girl)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Only a day left and it’s already time for the Foundation Day. The whole school is now prepared. The only thing left now is the stage rehearsals tomorrow and it’s showtime. Everybody’s quite nervous this time around because the event was bigger and some parts of it would be broadcasted.

From: Mark Tuan

Still awake? Have any plans tonight?

Eunyoung’s brow raised as she read the text from Mark. It was unusual for her to receive a message from him at this time of the day. Unless, if it was related to their dance duet.

Don’t tell me you still want to practice?

To: Mark Tuan

Yes, I am. Why?

She replied and seconds after, her phone beeped.

From: Mark Tuan

Rooftop. Now.

Wow, so you’re being demanding now? May I remind you, you still have to be nice to me since you’re court--- Wait, he’s not courting me yet.

She sighed and just went to the rooftop to avoid thinking of unnecessary thoughts.

gaped as soon as she stepped outside. Eunyoung didn’t expect to see him in the center of the rooftop, sitting on a mat he prepared -- surrounded by pillows, blankets, lights and stuff toys.

“What’s this?” She asked him, giving him a really weird but at the same time, curious look.

“Well, I just wanted it to look nice. Does it?” He asked her back.

“Yeah? I think. Where did these came from? Are these yours” She pointed out at the stuff toys as she tried to hold back her laughter. They were really cute and quite girly.

“Okay, that’s not mine. I borrowed them from Nayeon and Mina (JYP Girl Trainees). Jackson said it would look better if I borrowed those.” He explained.

“So Jackson helped you with this?” She asked again, trying to . She found it cute that he actually exerted effort to make it look beautiful. It wasn’t really that perfect but Eunyoung was okay with anything. She wasn’t hard to please at all.

“Can you just please sit down and appreciate all this?” He asked.

“Okay, I will.” She said and do as he asked. “So, what’s up with all of this?” She continued on her questions.

“Well, I just wanted to calm my nerves down for tomorrow’s show and I thought you were also nervous so I prepared this so we can talk and calm each other down. Is that okay?” He asked.

“It’s more than okay, Mark. I actually like this!” She smiled. “And honestly, I can’t stop thinking about tomorrow. It’s actually my first time to perform in such a large venue. I’m afraid I might throw up on stage.” She joked.

“Stop it. You’re not gonna throw up, okay? That would be the worst case scenario!” He shook his head.

“Although you’re saying that you’re nervous, I believe you can do well tomorrow. Aside from being naturally talented, you guys are trained to be great performers. You’d surely rock the show.” She encouraged him.

“Even if I already trained for a long time now, I still get nervous everytime I set a foot on stage. It feels like I still have a lot to prove.” His expression changed into a more serious one.

“What makes you think like that?” She asked.

“Look at me, Eunyoung.” He looked straight at her and she did the same—eyes locked on each other. “What do you think is the best thing about me?” He asked.

“Well, I must admit, you’re good-looking.” She answered. “And---”

“See.” He said, cutting off her statement. “To everyone’s eyes, I’m just that good-looking boy in the group. Just the useless good-looking boy.” He sighed.

“That’s not true.” She frowned and moved a bit closer to him. “You’re certainly more than that.” She then cupped his cheeks with her warm hands

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter