Chapter 23

Let's Not Fall In Love (Former Just Another Girl)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With only few days to fix up, it was already the day when Kahi would come back to school and check the routines out.

“Stop it! We’re gonna do fine. Okay?” Mark told Eunyoung who was walking back and forth.

“You think so?” She asked.

“Calm down. We already fixed our routine.” He walked towards her and held her shoulders. “We’re gonna do great.” He smiled.

“Okay, I believe you.” She smiled back at him.

“Are you ready?” Kahi said as she strut inside the room.

“Yes, ssaem!” Mark said and tapped Eunyoung’s shoulder.

“Okay, let’s see it.” Kahi said.

Mark played the music. Eunyoung was still nervous but as she was looking at Mark, who was giving her a reassuring smile, she tried to shrug off some nerves.

The song started and they began to move to the beat. They started off with some soft moves and portrayed a story.

It really helped that Mark and Eunyoung fixed the issue and they were more comfortable with the routine. Although Eunyoung was a little bit awkward with Mark, she forgot about it for a while and gave her all to the dance.

The dance ended shortly and the pair waited for Kahi’s remarks.

“I don’t know what you guys did for the past few days but I think you guys really improved. You pulled off the routine well and this time, it looked more natural. Great job!” She complimented them with a smile.

“Thank you, ssaem!” They said.

“Okay, I’m gonna check others now. Foundation Week is just two weeks away. We’ll polish the routine next week. Prepare well for the trip this weekend!” Kahi said.

“Uh, ssaem! Trip?” Eunyoung asked.

“Ah, yes. Before every concert, all performers and mentors are required to go on a trip. We also have to stress out and enjoy the whole experience. Am I right, Mark?” She asked.

“Yes, ssaem!” He answered.

“Okay then, I’ll be going now.” She walked away.

“We did great.” Eunyoung said blankly as she was staring at the door where Kahi left.

“Yes, we did.” Mark smiled as he looked at her.

“OH MY GOD, WE DID GREAT!!!” She jumped in happiness and suddenly hugged Mark.

Mark was taken aback but hugged her back.

Eunyoung just realized what she did and thought that it was really awkward. She pulled back first.

“I’m sorry.” She said.

“No need.” Mark said coolly and reached out for his bag. “Come on, let’s celebrate! We did well today.” He said and motioned for them to go out.

Mark took her somewhere far from the school vicinity. They went to a park near Han River and took a breather from the stress.

“Waaaah! This feels so good!” Eunyoung chimed as she spread her arms into the air and inhaled the cool air surrounding them.

She and Mark were sitting in a bench facing the river and feeling the breeze linger all over their skin.

“Yes, it does.” He smiled at her.

“At least, we’re a step closer now.” She beamed at him.

“Yes… We are.” Mark suddenly felt gloomy when he realized something.

“Why do you look sad?” She asked

“Foundation Week is just a few days away, and so is our performance. After that, what happens?” He asked her.

“Well, we’re back to normal class days and you guys will be focusing on your training. I heard that debut is near for GOT7.” She smiled at him excitedly.

“Yeah… But I think, I’d feel empty after the showcase night.” He said as he looked down on his shoes.

“Why?” She asked.

“This moment right here. This is exactly what I wanted.” He told her.

Eunyoung trying to avoid having false assumptions didn’t react at all and waited for him to continue talking.

“I never expected to meet someone like you. You reminded me so much of this certain person.” He laughed but it feels forced.

“Who?” She asked.

“Just someone I used to know.” He shrugged off the topic. “You were really an interesting person. But most of the times, I just find you annoying.”

“Yah!” She slapped him playfully.

He smiled then continued, “But never did I know I was starting to like you. And never did I think I’d actually be happy hanging out with you.”

“Well, I’m glad that I could be a good companion.” She stood up and curtsied.

“Wow, that guy is really handsome!”  A girl sitting on the bench next to them whispered to her friend. But it wasn’t really a whisper since both Mark and Eunyoung heard it.

“Yah! I bet they’re jealous with me right now. I’m so lucky that I’m with this handsome guy. Wow, it’s an honor!” Eunyoung poked fun at him.

“Stop it! That’s not funny.” He told her.

“It is!” She insisted.

“No, it’s not.” He battled out.

“Why? Don’t you think you’re handsome?” She asked.

“No.” He answered straight.

“Wow, you didn’t even think twice about it. Talk about being humble!” She said.

“It’s true. I’m not.” He said in a more serious tone.

Eunyoung felt the atmosphere changing and sensed that there was more about it that she can’t help but press more into the topic. “A lot of people think that you are and so do I.”

He sighed then chuckled. “Thanks.”

“You don’t seem to be that happy though. Why is that?” She asked.

“I don’t like it when people say I’m handsome.” He answered.

“Why?” She asked again.

“Because that’s all they see in me… All these years of training and the only thing I hear is that I’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter