Chapter 24

Let's Not Fall In Love (Former Just Another Girl)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days passed and it was already time for their trip! Students flocked on the lobby of the dormitories, waiting for their turn to hop on the bus.

“Do you know which province we’ll be going to this time?” Haeryung asked Hyejeong.

“I don’t know. They don’t really tell us until we’re half-way there.” Hyejeong answered.

Eunyoung was hoping it’d be somewhere near her province, Namyangju, so she could at least visit her dad for a while.

*beep* *beep*

From: Stupid Junhoe

Please behave on the trip and don’t embarrass yourself. See you tomorrow!

She scoffed at her bestfriend’s text message. Good thing she wouldn’t see him until tomorrow or else he’d be beaten up by now.

The boys of Mix & Match can’t attend the first day of the trip but they’ll be joining the rest a day later.

It was now their turn to get on board. The girls sat at the front seats of the bus to avoid being sick during the trip. Hyejeong sat beside Haeryung and Eunyoung sat on the other side with a single space still available.

The bus was about to get full and Mark was the last one to hop in. He asked Jackson to save him a seat but apparently, his friends didn’t plan to. They noticed no one was sitting beside Eunyoung so they purposely sat beside each other, leaving Mark alone.

Mark had no choice but to sit beside Eunyoung.

“Is it okay if I sit here?” He asked.

Eunyoung oblivious of the situation because she was staring blankly outside the bus, turned to Mark’s direction and got surprised to see who it was.

“Sure.” She just said, not a single ounce of awkwardness in the answer.

Spending time with him through dancing might have made her a little bit more of comfortable with the situation. Besides, no one else knew he liked her, aside from the both of them and Junhoe. No one else knew, right?

The bus fueled its way to its destination and the students were doing their own strategies on killing time as they were travelling.

“Yah.” Mark nudged her.

“What?” She asked.

“You look off. Are you okay?” He asked her. Mark noticed that Eunyoung was starting to get bored or sad and it made him curious.

“Ah, yes. It’s just that I was hoping we’d go some place near my hometown so that I could visit my dad.” She answered.

“You really missed him, huh?” He asked again.

“Yes, I do… So much…” She stated, suddenly starting to look gloomy.

Mark panicked a little inside. He felt like it was his fault for opening up the topic. So, he struggled to talk about something to lighten up the mood.

“Ah, same.” He just said then suddenly reached for his phone and showed her a picture of his dad. “This guy right here, is my dad.” He pointed out in the picture.

Eunyoung looke at it intently. “Oh, really? You don’t look like him though. He looks more masculine. More handsome, perhaps?” She joked.

“Yeah, I kind of agree with you on that.” He chuckled. Mark noticing the change in her mood, continued to take the conversation into a happy one.

“You know what? My dad’s like the funniest guy on social media.” He opened up.

“Really? Your dad goes on social media?” She asked.

“Yes! He enjoys conversing in public with people.” He said.

“That’s cool! The only thing my dad uses is his email account. That’s all!” She shared.

“Well, my dad is really a sociable person. He’s warm towards strangers too.” He said.

And their conversation continued and lasted for almost an hour. Half way into the ride, Eunyoung and Mark fell into slumber without realizing it. Haeryung noticing it, immediately took a picture. Both looked cute as they try to maintain their heads well rested as the bus was moving. All of a sudden, Eunyoung’s head fell unconsciously on Mark’s shoulders and soon, Mark’s head was also resting on hers.

Hyejeong and Haeryung giggled and took photos of them. Jackson, noticing the girls, followed their gazes. He slowly stood up and saw what they were giggling about. He told the others and soon, they too were laughing and giggling about the scene. It was cute but at the same time, surprising because who would’ve thought those two would become close.

The boys knew Mark as someone who was quite shy and reserve. They won’t know if something was wrong with him because he was always quiet. But then again, most of the time, he was not showing any emotion at all. They all knew why Mark got closer with Eunyoung in just a short span of time. It’s because they knew someone just like her. Someone whose personality matches with him in such a weird manner that anyone couldn’t explain.

The bus reached its first stop. It was a restaurant in Namyangju, Eunyoung’s hometown.

“We’re here.” Mark tapped Eunyoung who was still vast asleep with her head resting on his shoulder.

“Where are we?” She asked.

“In some restaurant. They said we’re gonna have lunch first before we go to the hotel.” He replied.

“Oh, okay.”

Eunyoung’s forehead creased as soon as she came down the bus.

This place looks familiar. She thought.

The students settled into their own places inside. Eunyoung, Hyejeong and Haeryung were in the same table as the boys from GOT

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter