Chapter 19

Let's Not Fall In Love (Former Just Another Girl)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“1 2 3 4 and 5 6 7 8 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1! Wait, stop!” Kahi told Eunyoung and Mark who were practicing their dance duet for the concert.

“You guys aren’t doing it right. You don’t seem to connect with each other. Do it again.” She commanded.

“Okay 1 2 3 4 and 5 6 7 8... Stop!” She yelled. “It still doesn’t look right. There’s a miscommunication between you two. Will you please talk it out?” She ordered and walked out of the practice room.

Eunyoung was ashamed and frightened at the same time. It was her first time to see Kahi be super strict and now she just walked out on them. Meanwhile, Mark was just plain emotionless. Not even a pint of expression on his face, it was just blank.

“I’m sorry if I’m not doing it right.” Eunyoung hung her head low.

Mark didn’t bother to reply he just looked at her from a distance. Actually, he, too, was so lost with their practice. He has been having a lot of thoughts lately and these were not helping him at all.

“Mark? Are you okay?” She asked him when she noticed how Mark was being his odd self since the last time they talked.

“No.” He answered.

“Why? Is there something bothering you?” She motioned to walk towards him.

Mark immediately walked towards his stuff. “Let’s just continue this tomorrow.” And he walked out just like Kahi.

What’s wrong with him? She wondered.

He and Mark were getting close as far as she could remember. Why was he being so cold to her now?

Eunyoung left the practice room and on her way home, she bumped into Junior and Bambam.

“Annyeong Eunyoung-ah!” Junior greeted.

“Oh, hi guys!”

“We just finished arranging our parts for our performance. How was your practice with Mark hyung?” Bambam asked.

“Errr. I think I just blew up today’s practice. Kahi sunsaengnim walked out on us.” She bit her lip.

“What?” Bambam got shocked.

“Don’t worry Eunyoung. Maybe she’s just stressed. Most of the teachers are. Everyone’s stressed since Foundation Week is coming.” Junior comforted her.

“Yeah and maybe it’s not just your fault. I noticed Mark hyung has not been himself these days.” Bambam said.

“Yeah, I think something’s bothering him and he won’t tell us.” Junior continued.

Come to think of it, maybe they were right. Eunyoung’s relationship with Mark was improving until these past few days when they started practicing for the concert.

“Thanks guys! Somehow, you managed to cheer me up.” She smiled at them.

“Anything for you, Eunyoung!” Junior beamed at her.

“I’ll go ahead. Annyeong!” She waved.

“Annyeong!” They waved back.

Eunyoung walked towards the dormitory and rested for a while.

After a few hours in dreamland…..

“Oh, you’re awake. Finally!” Hyejeong sarcastically cheered.

“What’s with the sarcasm?” Eunyoung said as she yawned.

“I really wanted to wake you up but it seemed like you really needed to rest so I didn’t.”

“Why? What’s wrong?” Eunyoung asked.

“Junhoe called earlier and he sounded worried about something. I think you should call him back.”

“Really? I’m sorry, I should have set my phone to silent mode.” She sat up, grabbed her phone and immediately dialed Junhoe up.

*ring* *ring*

*ring* *ring*

“Hello?” Junhoe said.

“Yah, why did you call earlier? I was asleep.”

“I just wanted to ask if you saw Hanbin hyung today.”

“No, I didn’t. Why?”

“*sigh* Nothing. It’s nothing.”

Just hearing him sigh, Eunyoung knew something it was just nothing.

“Come on, I know something’s wrong. Just tell me.” She firmly said.

“I hate that you know me too well.” He said but with a smile on his face.

“Well, I hate it too. Now, tell me, what’s wrong?”

“I think Hanbin hyung has been stressed lately and he just reached his breaking point yesterday. The boys said he was here at the training center earlier but after a while, he was nowhere to be found and no one has ben in contact with him since then. We told the staff what happened and they, too, can’t contact him. We’re worried Eunyoung-ah.”

Eunyoung, who just woke up, was slowly processing the information she just received. The tough guy he knew finally reached his breaking point. It was a sight she would have never imagined.

“I don’t know why but I’m feeling sorry for all that has happened. It’s gonna be okay, Junhoe-ya. Cheer up you guys! He’ll be back, I know.”

The truth was, she doesn’t know. But deep inside her heart, she believed that Hanbin will be back. Maybe he just needed a break. The Hanbin that she knew doesn’t give up that easily.

“Thank you, Eunyoung. I’ll go back to training now. Call me when you see him, alright?”

“Sure, I will.” She answered and hung up.

She sighed, feeling so down with everything that has transpired today.

“Are you okay?” Hyejeong asked.

“No.” She answered calmly.

“What’s wrong?” She asked.

Eunyoung was so lost in her thoughts that she didn’t hear Hyejeong.

It was impossible for Hanbin to cut off his communication with his team. For sure, he might have talked with someone or at least be seen around school or the dormitory. Eunyoung had an idea, so she stood abruptly and grabbed her hoodie.

“Where are you going?” Hyejeong asked.

“I’ll be back in a few. Annyeong!” She waved without waiting for Hyejong’s reply.

What is she up to? Hyejeong thought and just shook her head.

Eunyoung rushed into the dormitory’s lobby unconscious that she was just wearing her jammies and slippers. Good thing she even remembered to bring her jacket.

There were still a few students hanging out in the lobby and she approached to each and every one of them, asking the same question.

“Have you seen Hanbin today?”

But all of their replies were the same.

“No. I’m sorry.”

Where are you Hanbin-ah? She felt hopeless.

A boy just entered the door and Eunyoung approached him.

“Excuse me, have you seen Hanbin lately?” She asked.

The guy looked at her and replied. “I think so? I was walking by the park a few blocks away from here. I’m not sure if it was him though.”

“Really? Thank you so much!” Eunyoung beamed and without second thoughts, she ran towards the park the guy was referring to.

People who passed by her would take a look and wonder what a young gal like her was doing in the streets late at night, especi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter