Chapter 10

Let's Not Fall In Love (Former Just Another Girl)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh!" Donghyuk shrieked the moment he went inside his room. The poor maknae slept with Jinhwan and Yunhyeong last night because he thought it would be the best to leave Junhoe and Eunyoung alone. He ended up being bullied by his hyungs and slept on the floor.

Apparently, the two were still vast asleep. Eunyoung fell asleep as she was humming lullabies to Junhoe. Last night wasn't one of the best nights she had. She'd fall asleep then would suddenly wake up when she'd hear Junhoe crying. She would comfort him then do simple tasks for him like helping him drink water and tuck him properly into his blanket.

What happened here? Donghyuk asked himself as he was still staring at Junhoe who was comfortably leaning at Eunyoung's lap. Meanwhile, she fell asleep in a sitting position, her back leaning on the headboard.

"Eunyoung? Eunyoungie?" He shook her gently.

"Mmm." She murmured, refusing to wake up.

"Wake up. It's already morning." He softly told her.

"What time is it?" She asked as she made sniffing sounds.

 "10:17." He shortly replied.

"Ahhh, okay." She said, still half-awake.

Eunyoung was still in a daze, trying to process the information she got.

10:17. It's still 10:17. She thought but suddenly realized she was terribly late for school.

"OMO!" She shot up, waking Junhoe who was just leisurely sleeping.

"What the hell?" The annoyed squirrel spat as he finally woke up.

"Yah! Is your migraine gone now?" She asked him.

"Yes." He said then yawned. He looked so much better now than yesterday even if he still had boogers on his eyes.

"Good. Then my job here is done! Annyeong!" She waved off and rushed towards her room without hearing a word from the boys.

"Did something happen between you two?" Donghyuk asked Junhoe maliciously. It was obvious that he was teasing him.

"Stupid!" Junhoe threw his pillow at him. He was feeling so much better now. Good thing his migraine only lasted for hours this time. Before, it would take days for it to disappear. He had Eunyoung to thank for that. Aside from the medications, Eunyoung helped him go through such an excruciating experience.

Eunyoung came in her room like a tornado. There was absolutely no time for her to waste.

She was finished with everything in just 20 minutes. She was on her way to the elevator when her phone suddenly beeped.

 

From: Stupid Junhoe

Stop rushing. Don't be too stupid to go to school this morning. It's almost lunch break. You can just wait for a few more minutes.

 

Her forehead creased when she saw the word stupid.

 

To: Stupid Junhoe

YAAAH! I’M LATE BECAUSE OF YOU!

 

She sent the text and he replied quickly.

 

From: Stupid Junhoe

I know. That's why I telling you to don't rush to school. Eat first before you go.

 

She stopped on her tracks when she read that. A smile crept up on her face. She realized her bestfriend was just concerned about her.

 

To: Stupid Junhoe

Arraso! Arraso! I'll be on my way now. Annyeong~~

 

She tapped the send button and walked towards her destination. Eunyoung thought it was easier for her to grab a quick brunch (breakfast/lunch) at the convenience store near school, the one where she brought the ice pack for Mark.

I should be fine with instant ramyun. She thought then grabbed her favorite brand of instant ramyun, together with her favorite banana milk.

"That would be ₩2,570." The cashier said.

"Ah, okay." Eunyoung said then searched for her wallet in her bag.

OMO! She mentally shrieked. She must have left her wallet when she was rushing awhile ago. Stupid Eunyoung! You pabo!

"Ah, you see....Uhm..." She struggled to explain such an embarrassing situation to the cashier.

"Don't tell you me you forgot your wallet." The cashier said firmly.

*gulp*

Eunyoung was about to plead for apology when a deep voice interrupted her.

"Here." A hand came in between the ladies. "Please join these items too." He pointed out at some of the goodies he brought. The cashier automatically punched in the items he had too.

"What are you doing?!" She exclaimed at him.

"Doing a good deed." He replied.

"Sorry but I don't want to be indebted to you." She refused.

"Do you want to eat or not?" He directly asked her, almost sounding like a threat.

Eunyoung took some time thinking to herself. She knew very well that she was in fact, very very hungry. The last time she ate was yesterday at lunch time. She didn't ate anything for almost a day now.

"I'll pay you later." She muttered then turned her back at him as soon as the cashier was done with their items.

"Mark! What took you so long?" Jackson entered, still not noticing Eunyoung.

"Oh, annyeong!" He greeted the lady.

"Annyeong!" She greeted back.

"Let's go!" Mark pulled Jackson out before he turns into a blabbermouth.

"See you later!!!" Jackson waved off.

As the guys set off, Eunyoung made her way to the tables on the sides of the store. She was actually sitting beside the glass wall, which means she was totally visible from outside.

“Well, that was embarrassing.” She muttered to herself. She promised herself that she’d pay him as soon as possible.

It was actually a beautiful day at school except for the fact the she was absent for the whole morning, which the faculty were informed of. Some of the teachers were disappointed with her. It was just the first week of school and she already missed half a day.

“What happened to you, today?” Hyejeong asked as they were walking towards the dormitory.

“I overslept, must be too tired from taking care of Junhoe.” She explained.

“Awwww. You’re such a great friend, Eunyoung-ah! That was really nice of you.” She praised.

“Really?” She smiled. “Even though we fight a lot, I still care for that jerk though. He’s my bestfriend.”

“Anyone can tell that.” Hyejeong affirmed. “Ah Eunyoung, I have a question.”

“What is it?” Eunyoung asked her.

“Please don’t get offended or what. I’m just curious.” She told her.

“It’s okay. I won’t get offended or what. What is it?”

“Do you like Junhoe?”

“……………..” Eunyoung paused and so did Hyejeong.

Then laughter overtook their conversation.

“HAHAHAHAHAHA OMG! SERIOUSLY? HAHAHA!” Eunyoung laughed so hard, leaving Hyejeong dumbfounded.

“So, you don’t?” She asked.

Eunyoung stopped herself from laughing and breathed heavily before she answered Hyejeong’s question.

“Hyejeong, I don’t like Junhoe in that way. He’s my bestfriend. That’s just it.” She explained firmly.

“Are you sure? You two look good though.” Hyejeong shrugged and they continue on their tracks.

“Yes, I’m sure.” Eunyoung smiled at her. “Junhoe and I, we’re bestfriends since the day we were born. Well, our fathers were so it’s easy to explain why our families are so close. He’s like the brother I love and hate at the same time. Although I have real brother, Junhoe is different from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter