Chapter 2

Be My Light

-Minhyung- 

"Ricky!!" I shock him hopping for him to wake up, but he wouldn't get up. "Wake up, Changhyun. I'm sorry, PLEASE GET UP!!" I shock him more but was beginning to be pulled away from my brother. Kicking and screaming, I tried everything just so I could get back to him, anything to be by his side again. Some men lifted him and put him in the ambulance. I couldn't let them drive away, but I couldn't move. They began to drive away causing me to cry even more than I already was, "RICKY. NOOOOOO. CHANGHYUN!!!!!"

"Minhyun." I could hear my name being called but was to tired to lift my head. "Minhyun lunch is over." Finally looking up, waking up from my nightmare, and I saw students scatter to the classes. "Come on Min we have to go before we're late." Youngjae got in my face tapping my forehead, "You were sleep then whole time, sleepy head, but now we have to go." We all began to make our way back to class but parted ways since our classes were in different directions. "You've been tired lately, Minhyun. What do you do at night, huh?" Zelo asked while we made our way to our seats in the back of the class. "I just haven't been able to sleep right." I leaned back in my seat, stretching my arms. "Why?" "Homework," I hate lying to to him bit I've never told anyone about Changhyun. He means a lot to me and I'm just afraid but I'll never admit it to someone. "Okay class today we're going to start a project, in partners, will be going around and reaching out to people learning about love," the whole classed signed and made sounds like little kids do when the see their parents kiss. "In this generation it's a very touchy subject. When you hear love you may think of what you see in the movies and TV shows, but there's way more. I feel like this will open your eyes to see the true love out there and it's true meaning."

-Zelo-

I watched Minhyun as she listened to the teacher. She seems truly interested in this project. "So I'll give you 5 minutes to get into partners, then I'll explain more to you." Everyone began to move around finding their. "Ummmm Zelo," I looked up to see one of the girls in our class, "will you be my partner for the project?" The girl shyly asked me, "I'm sorry I already have a partner, but next time I will be your partner, okay." She happily ran to her friends and I could here them giggle at my response. "Why didn't you go with her?" Min asked me as she fixed her glasses. "Becomes," I pulled her chair closer to me and throw my arm over her shoulder, "I'm going to be partners with my Best Friend." She began to look around the room and under the table, "where's Jongup?" "Your stupid," I flicked her forehead softly and she completely over overreacted, "Oh My Gawd it hurts. I think I'm bleeding, someone call the hospital, the police, THE PRESIDENT!!" I covered because everyone started to laugh at us. "Okay I see you all have your partners now, so let me explain this to you. You will go and interview couples, real people, about their lives. Couples like your parents, grandparents, people who are married, dating, siblings, or just friends. Ask them about what love means to them. You will record these interviews and then right a page for each couple. You have to interview five couples and this will be due in 5 weeks, so you should have enough time."

For the rest of class everyone talked about the project and other crap, the the bell finally rang. Grabbing my backpack of the floor I looked back up to see Min gone. Running in the hall I saw her leaving her locker, ready to leave. "MINHYUN," I called her name but she didn't react, so I ran up behind her and picked her up to scare her. It didn't work because she pinched me hard as hell on my arm causing me to put her down quickly. "What do you want?" I saw she had ear phones in when she took one out so she could hear me. "Where are you going? You don't have practice today or tomorrow, so why can't we hang out?" She sighed while taking the other ear out and looked at me with a death stare. "Why do always want to hang out with ME," she pointed to herself and suddenly Jongup and Youngjae popped out of no where, " see you have Jongup and Youngjae. Plus the other's. So why do you always want to be with me, huh." "Becomes he lives-" I quickly covered jongs mouth before he could say anything else. Rolling her eyes she put her head phones back in and walking away. When I saw that she was gone I let go of his mouth and punched his arm, "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING?!?" "I was just telling her," rubbing his arm he stuck his tongue out at me.

-Minhyun- 

Running down the ally I usually go throw I finally made it to the flower shop. "Good afternoon, Min," Mrs. Kim greeted me when I walked in the door, "your late today." I stopped to catch my breath and finally responded, "I know but I ran here after school. I almost tripped on a brick in the ally." She softly laughed at me while t some flowers on the front desk, "You should stay out of that ally it's dark and dirty. Plus bad people go in there, it's no place for a young lady like you," she look up from her plant and gave me a heart warming smile, " also you never have to run here, I like Changhyun here, he's a lot of help and good company. He told me he likes it here too because of all the flowers. I even let him make his own arrangement so he can take them home." "Thank you," I kissed her forehead and made my way to the back where I saw Ricky placing flowers in a pot, moving them around. He was so consecrated, he didn't even know I was there, I couldn't help but watch him making everything perfect. I could tell he was satisfied with his work, when a a childlike smile speed across his face. He soon could tell someone was watching him and looked up to see me. "MINHYUN," he quickly wrapped his arms around my waist, " I miss you." "I missed you too."

When we got home Ricky ran to his room, putting his flowers on the desk. "Put here?" He asked me, I simply nodded, "You should show dad when he gets home." He laughed and grabbed his note book, running into the living room. When I walked into the room I watch him as he happily jumped up and down waiting for me. "Okay Ricky today I want you to write about the flowers you got today." I watched him as he began to write and erase all over his paper, sticking his tongue out as he consecrated.

-Seunghyun-

"Okay guys I'm gonna head out now." "See ya, Choi, tell the kids I said hello." I nodded and made my way home. I wonder what Min's going to say when I tell her. This new program might be good for them. They can be together more, she can stop being late for homeroom all the time. I was surprised when I talked her into soccer. Ricky and her and stuck together like glue. I think I made the right decision. When I got home I nervously grabbed the box that the school gave to me earlier. When I got in the house I found Minhyun face planted in her book and Changhyun happily watching tv. When I closed the door Chang's face lite up and he ran to greet me. "Apps," he grabbed my hand and pulled me into the direction of his room. "What is it?" He ran me into his room and picked up a pot full of camellias and carnations, "I made it myself." He gave me his gummy smile, being proud of his creation. "It's very nice Ricky, those were your mom's favorite." He carefully put them back on his desk and then curiously absorbed the box in my hands. "Oh yeah I got a surprise for you. You can open it when Min wakes up." He stared at me for a few seconds then ran out of his room. The next thing I heard was Minhyun screaming in the other room, "WHAT WAS THAT FOR!!!"

-Minhyun- 

began to brush myself off after Ricky tackled me on the floor. "Apps," that was all he could say as he pointed towards the hallway. When I looked my dad was leaning against the wall with his police uniform still on and a box in his hands. "Hey dad, what's with the box?" He walked over to the couch and sat down, waving his hands, signaling for us to come to him. "Sit sown guys, I have something to tell you," we looked at each other before sitting on the floor in front of him," so today I got a call from your school and I-" "Am I in trouble?" I rudely interrupted him just so I knew where this conversation would be going, but he just continued,"as I was saying, I got a call from your school and they told me that you have been late for homeroom a couple of days and you have also been sleeping in class. I told them about what you have been doing lately, about how you want to control everything. Then they told me about a new program they're starting and I agreed to it." I can't do any more after school programs, I'm doing soccer and I really don't want to do anything else. "Dad I don't want to be in any other programs. I promise I'll do better, please don't make me do it."

-Seunghyun-

I feel bad for Min, I want her to be a kid and be with her friends. I hate she her beginning here all the time. "Just open the box." Handing the box to Ricky, I watched as he happily opened it but then handed it to Minhyun. "A uniform?" She took out the shirt and looked at me with anger in her eyes, "is this a joke?" "For from it. Ricky will be starting school Monday. There a program at school for the mentally challenged and that's why they called me. They told me it would help all of us. I want Ricky to go out , he needs to be a child. I want him to go out in the world more and I know you'll be there for him." "DAD!!!" "NO," I raised my voice at her and saw Ricky hug onto her arm, "it's final."

-Minhyun- 

He angrily got up and walked to his room. My eyes began to water but I couldn't start crying because I know Ricky would cry too. I could tell Ricky was beginning to worry when he lied his head on my chest. He always did this when we were kids when he was scared or sad. To hear my heart beat just seams to calm him. I began to rub the back of his head and kiss the top. "I'm sorry Minhyun," I could feel his tears on my shirt, "No Changhyun it's not your fault. You did nothing wrong." I pulled him up into a hug and held him tightly, "don't cry, please. Ricky don't cry." Before I knew it tear start running down my face as well. I could hold them back anymore because I'm scared, I don't think I can handle this anymore.