Chapter 18

Be My Light

-Minhyun-

"Thank you for letting me interview you guys. I'll see you in class after lunch." I bowed to Mr. and Mrs. Kwan and made my way to the cafeteria. I didn't know if I should sit with Zelo or not because he was still mad at me, but he's going to have to get over it because I'm going to sit with him anyway. I slowly made my way to that table and slid next to Youngjae. "Hey Min where have you been? We've missed you." He laid his head on my shoulder and poked my cheeks. "I missed you too."

-Zelo-

I'm having so many mixed emotions right now. I want to attack her but I want to hug her. My anger began to boil as I watched her talk to Youngjae and Jongup like nothing had happened. I'm I the only person her that is being bothered by this. I guess I was staring at her because she began to give me a confused look on her face. "Zelo what's wrong with you? Why are you staring at me ?" "What do you mean what's wrong with me? What's wrong with you?" She rolled her eyes and lend over the table. "Your my best friend, please stop acting like that." "Best friend. BEST FRIEND. If you were my best friend you wouldn't ditch me for that idiot. You wouldn't just disappear and then come back and not tell me. What kind of best friend is that? HUH?" I yelled at Minhyun, making everyone look at us in that cafeteria. She looked at me shocked with the others. She slammed her hands on the table and walked out of the room. "Junhong what's wrong with you." "What do you mea-" "You know what I'm talking about. Now go to her and apologize."

-Minhyun-

I quickly ran into the hallway and wiped my eyes. "He's right." I whispered to myself. I could understand why he's mad, I have been holding back a lot from him. "Minhyun," I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my name. "What do you want?" "I just want to talk."

 

-Byunghun-

"Why?" "I want to apologize." She looked at me seriously with her arms cross. "What if I say no?" "Then I'll understand but I hope you don't." "Fine." A small smile appeared on my face as I approached her. "Did he do that to you?" "What?" "Your eyes," I pointed to the bottom of her eye that was a dark purple. I could see that seat put make up over it when she wiped off more showing my purple. "Crap." I heard her say under her breath. She grabbed my hand and began walking down the hall. I didn't ask any questions and followed her as we stopped at he locker. She quickly opened it and wiped off her eye, removing all the make up. My heart ached when I saw how severe it was. She pulled out some make up to cover up the bruise. "I'll do it," I took the makeup from her hands and began gently put it on her eye. "Minhyun I'm sorry." "For what?" She asked me with her eyes still closed. "For this."

She backed away from me and looked at me. "I'm sorry that we did this to you. That we hurt you. I never meant for it to go this for. I should have never listened to him. He left me but you didn't. If you did I probably would have been dead and I been trying to figure out why you would stay, but I only found out why I'm so stupid." I looked down at my hands but looked up when she lifted my chin up. "You are stupid to follow Chan Hee but your smart by yourself. Even though what you did was wrong I didn't think you deserved to be left. Remember that," She laughed at me, "now can you finish my eye?" She closed her eyes and waited for me. I came closer to her face and made sure I got every spot.

 

-Zelo-

Are they kissing? I thought to myself as I watched Byung Hun and Minhyun together at her locker. Now I really don't know how to feel.

-Minhyun- Byung Hun and I walked into class before the bell rang. "That was close." I laughed at him and walked to my seat. When I sat down, my mood eminently changes. Zelo looked straight at the board so he wouldn't look at me. "For this assignment you'll need to be in partners." Mr. Kwan announced and everyone got up, moving around. I shyly looked at Zelo but he wouldn't look at me, "Junhong?" I tapped his shoulder but got no reaction. "Minhyun do you want to be my partner?" I looked up at Byung Hun as he chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah sure." I got up and moved next to him but every now and then I would look back at Zelo who had a blank expression on his face.